Rechargeable batteries question

Psychopath

Plata O Plomo
Dec 28, 2008
hell
So I want to get rechargeable batteries. AAA's for a remote controled car and AA's for my mouse. Now I have a AAA charger, but not a AA charger. What brands do you reccomend for the batteries and the charger. The old radioshack AAA's I have keep a charge for about give minutes, but they are about five years old so that's understandable.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
I've got some Sanyos from before they rebranded them Eneloop and can vouch for them. They're a bit low if they're rated only 2100mah like in the pic. Those will work great for most things but for a high drain device like an RC car or a digital camera I would seek out 2500mah batteries or higher. Stick with ones that have good reviews, there's a lot of cheap Chinese crap out there that is mislabled lower mah ratings. Even some of the ones from Duracell and Energizer are crap. Still, that's a great deal for a starter kit and the bonus of being able to use the same charger for AAA and AA is a plus.

I would give these a shot to go into an RC car if the 2100mah doesn't seem to be lasting long enough:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FOV92E/?tag=wackbagcom-20

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
May 21, 2005
Hell,California
I also use the Enloop system now

I went thru lots of junk batteries

some cheap brands will do the job but the Sanyos are the best so far

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
I grabbed one of those 4 charger Energizer sets a month or so ago and it sucks. I mean, I guess it would be alright if the wife would quit fucking with it so I could get a good rotation going for the remote, but I can't get a good gauge of how long they last because of it. (Logitech universal remotes eat batteries like candy)

My feeling is they don't work very well, though.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
I grabbed one of those 4 charger Energizer sets a month or so ago and it sucks. I mean, I guess it would be alright if the wife would quit fucking with it so I could get a good rotation going for the remote, but I can't get a good gauge of how long they last because of it. (Logitech universal remotes eat batteries like candy)

My feeling is they don't work very well, though.
Should have gone with the Logitech One. Fucker is amazing.

blee

Will Drink Today
Dec 9, 2004
western ny
I use Rayovac 15 minute rechargables and they work great.
Have had them for about 4 years and they are still holding up and outlast any other batteries I have used.