Recommend a game from the past 3 years

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
I looked ahead and besides a few niche games and a very few major games, there won't be very many popular games until November.

So please recommend a game from the past 3 years that was good but people may have missed.

notmikeh

don't get any cucks on your wee
Jun 8, 2006
Ps3- pixeljunk shooter was very good.

I have always been on the fence on geometry wars for the 360. Anyone buy this? What's the gist?

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
Mount & Blade: Warband.

Addicting as fuck. In fact, I'm going to play it now.

Imagine a Medieval:Total War game combined with Oblivion. Middle Earth setting (no magic), Strategy/3PS/RPG. You customize a character, give him a backstory and stats, begin in a nation of your choice, recruit an army in which all soldiers are upgradable, find companions through your journey who are also upgradable, and more importantly...

You are on the fucking battlefield. Get yourself a lance and a shield and go destroy. There are many types of armor, weapons, etc which you can buy with the money you make either from your own nation or from being a merc working for the king. You control your troops as a general, and can eventually get cavalry, and siege weapons for castle-storming. Take castles, form a nation, amass a giant army and kill things. It's fucking awesome. There is an overhead map which is real-time but TotalWar style (think Sid Meirs pirates with not-childlike graphics.), you can enter and explore cities and villages and castles, visit taverns and recruit mercs and such, the world is your potato.

It's fucking awesome.

There are some FANTASTIC mods for it as well, so it has replay value up the kazoo.

notmikeh

don't get any cucks on your wee
Jun 8, 2006
Shooter, is that game for pc?

Oct 16, 2008
Parma, OH
I liked the Saboteur. It's like GTA set in WWII France. It has some issues, but it's enjoyable.

Psychopath

I want to fuck your girlfriend.
Dec 28, 2008
Constant sate of misery
Great PC game called Audio surf. You can find it on steam. You use your own music. Avoid the gray blocks
[video=youtube;2EsVyEnhxWY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EsVyEnhxWY[/video]

I also recommend the uncharted series, if you have a PS3.
The first two fallout games are great. Avoid fallout tactics. You can get them cheap on steam, or on good old games http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/fallout http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/fallout_2
Also if you loved oblivion I suggest playing morrowind.

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
I read reviews about the first but your review on its sequel makes it sound great.

I liked the Saboteur. It's like GTA set in WWII France. It has some issues, but it's enjoyable.
thanks

Great PC game called Audio surf. You can find it on steam. You use your own music. Avoid the gray blocks
[video=youtube;2EsVyEnhxWY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EsVyEnhxWY[/video]
I also recommend the uncharted series, if you have a PS3.
The first two fallout games are great. Avoid fallout tactics. You can get them cheap on steam, or on good old games http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/fallout http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/fallout_2

Also if you loved oblivion I suggest playing morrowind.
hmm, an addicting time waster. I've played F 1 & 2.

Morrowind is awesome.

stellarcomics

Jul 25, 2005
I tried this and didn't like it. I hear it's a great game; I never finished it. I'd recommend MGS4, Tekken 6, and Infamous. All are available as Greatest Hits games.

Trippy

GO TEAM PESTS!!
Mar 4, 2005

Addicting as fuck. In fact, I'm going to play it now.

Imagine a Medieval:Total War game combined with Oblivion. Middle Earth setting (no magic), Strategy/3PS/RPG. You customize a character, give him a backstory and stats, begin in a nation of your choice, recruit an army in which all soldiers are upgradable, find companions through your journey who are also upgradable, and more importantly...

You are on the fucking battlefield. Get yourself a lance and a shield and go destroy. There are many types of armor, weapons, etc which you can buy with the money you make either from your own nation or from being a merc working for the king. You control your troops as a general, and can eventually get cavalry, and siege weapons for castle-storming. Take castles, form a nation, amass a giant army and kill things. It's fucking awesome. There is an overhead map which is real-time but TotalWar style (think Sid Meirs pirates with not-childlike graphics.), you can enter and explore cities and villages and castles, visit taverns and recruit mercs and such, the world is your potato.

It's fucking awesome.

There are some FANTASTIC mods for it as well, so it has replay value up the kazoo.
I got this game based on this description and your are correct sir....its fucking awesome! At 1st i was like meh nothing to great but after you know what youre doing and you start to get into it it gets addicting. I do think the overland map is kind of weak but it is a game that draws you in. A bit of advice for new players: stay out of the middle eastern areas! The mounted bandits will kick you noob ass. Learned this the hard way.....

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
I got this game based on this description and your are correct sir....its fucking awesome! At 1st i was like meh nothing to great but after you know what youre doing and you start to get into it it gets addicting. I do think the overland map is kind of weak but it is a game that draws you in. A bit of advice for new players: stay out of the middle eastern areas! The mounted bandits will kick you noob ass. Learned this the hard way.....
It really is odd how the game draws you in. Check out the mods for it after your first playthrough or so. There is a great one called "Prophecy of Pendor" that changes the game completely and makes it much more challenging, bringing a lot of great stuff to the game.

Joker1919

Oct 11, 2008
Central Kentucky
Just Cause 2. I played the first one and was on the fence about it. I picked up the second one on the cheap and have pumped 45 hours into the game so far. Its a gta clone that give you a parachute and grappling hook and lets you blow shit up. I can spend hours just base jumping off of buildings and mountains in the game. Plenty to do if you guys are fans of sandbox games.