Recommend a Game Thread [PSP]

KneeKnee

Trophy Whore.
No kiddin!!!You're from <insert place here>?
Picked up Jeanne D'Arc last week.

15 hours in and it just keeps getting better and better.

I haven't seen such beauty on the PSP. Amazing graphics. It goes from Anime-style cut scenes to 3-D action and dialogue to game play. Music fits PERFECTLY.

It is a turn based strategy RPG based (loosely) on Joan of Arc. The characters are interesting and vary. Humans and creatures are under your control. Simple to learn the basics, but very deep and it has a lot of options to customize your characters.

Anyone who liked (for those of you who remember) the great Vandal Hearts for PSONE will LOVE this one. Same could be said if you like Final Fantasy Tactics, but I enjoy this one a lot more.

Separate areas to level up and try out new spells and weapons.

Not an easy game, not impossible, either; but, so far, a acceptable challenge...

$30

Don't pass this one up.

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
thanks knee, i may go out and pick this up.

If your a fan of FF tactics for PS, they are re-releasing it for psp soon

As for my recommendation I am going with PoPoLoCroiS. It's a old rpg that was japan only. nice anime cutscenes, decent music, good characters and a pretty long game. Best part about it is that it is 2 games in one. The PsP release is Popolocrois 1 and 2 on one disk.

I personally loved this game

Salem

Midgets = funny
Ive been playing the COD 4 multi player beta on the 360. very impressed. Definately gonna be a must have in Nov
I picked up NASCAR 08, Online is intense when it works, seems like 1 out of 4 races actually finishes (lags out, servers crash or the game freezes every players xbox in the lobby). EA has yet to release a patch for this game. Serious bugs and glitches. Once the patch is issued and The magical refuel bug is fixed or when some1 drops out of the game and puts random people 2-4 laps back of the leader for no apparent reason is fixed it will be a nice game. Ohh and holding the A button to talk is a pain in the balls. Also the names of people talking is in the middle of the screen for some odd reason too. But onc ethat patch comes out...Id love to know if there are the same issues on the PS3.

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
The Original FF tactics is being re-released for PSP on october 9th :jump

Also Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles ,includes Rondo of blood (unreleased in the US) and 2 versions of symphony, one, redone ala mega man and mega man x and the original PS version, will be out october 23rd

Gonna have to dust off the ol PSP

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Love, freaking Love!: Tekken

Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror. SF: Logan's Shadow comes out later this month.

poppAwoody

C colon enter
dead head fred, lmk if you need the iso

Barely Legal

Standing on his head
Love, freaking Love!: Tekken
Tekken DR is one of the best PSP games and THE best handheld fighting game, hands down! I just got back into playing this again while at work this week and am fully hooked on it once again.

Stig

Wackbag's New Favorite Heel
If the demo and trailers are any indication, Gran Turismo 5 is going to be fucking amazing.
And I've been having a lot of fun with Tiger Woods 07 for PS3.
Resistance Fall of Man is also fun.

Monstercloud

If the demo and trailers are any indication, Gran Turismo 5 is going to be fucking amazing.
And I've been having a lot of fun with Tiger Woods 07 for PS3.
Resistance Fall of Man is also fun.
My fellow New Hampshironian... He said PSP, not PS3

CM Mark

The East is Ours!
Bumping this thread since I just got myself a shiny new PSP. I got the Daxter pack that came with a 1 gig stick, Daxter, The Family Guy Freakin Sweet Collection, and a nice new silver PSP.

Blue Heeler

Uber Listener / Asshole
Castlevania comes out 10/23/07, THIS IS A MUST BUY!

Also, Disgaea comes out 10/30/07...again, MUST BUY!

LZMF1

Semi-Eviscerated
Bumping this thread since I just got myself a shiny new PSP. I got the Daxter pack that came with a 1 gig stick, Daxter, The Family Guy Freakin Sweet Collection, and a nice new silver PSP.
be prepared to drop another 19.99+tax on the video out cables plus another 29.99+tax on the remote that works with it.

i'm diggin' the redesigned PSP. what annoyed me is that the old remote doesn't work on it. if you intend to play your games on a larger screen be sure to get the component cable and not the composite one. the composite one(standard A/V cable) isn't capable of displaying games on a tv or monitor.

the only reason why i got the new remote was to play socom fireteam bravo online and be able to chat in game via MIC.

OfficerCornjob

Impossible to walk in this muck.
I dont have a PSP yet but Final Fantasy Tactics is one of my favorite games, and the PSP port looks awesome and has a new translation that doesnt resemble broken english like the PSOne version does.

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
I dont have a PSP yet but Final Fantasy Tactics is one of my favorite games, and the PSP port looks awesome and has a new translation that doesnt resemble broken english like the PSOne version does.
game rocks!!!

picked it up on launch and but about 12hrs in already. I'm grinding some guys right now to get samurai and ninja

OfficerCornjob

Impossible to walk in this muck.
game rocks!!!

picked it up on launch and but about 12hrs in already. I'm grinding some guys right now to get samurai and ninja
Awesome, this is def my first purchase when I get a PSP. Is such a great strategy RPG, I think I invested like 70 hours on my PS1 game.

KneeKnee

Trophy Whore.
No kiddin!!!You're from <insert place here>?
Last week, I picked up Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlord and I am addicted to it. It is the basic Gem Quest game found on so many internet game sites, but there is a little RPG to it. Besically you fight, by puzzle duels, creatures to complete quests and you gain spells, and items that help you play the game. VERY simple, but actually, very deep. Its $20 at gamestop (less used) and if you see it, i suggest you pick it up.

Blue Heeler

Uber Listener / Asshole
I was going to get FF Tactics, but heard it slows down alot. It's also the same as the PS1 version just with 2 new classes, so I'll just play my PS1 version when I need a fix.

CM Mark

The East is Ours!
Picked up Jeanne D'Arc last week.

15 hours in and it just keeps getting better and better.

I haven't seen such beauty on the PSP. Amazing graphics. It goes from Anime-style cut scenes to 3-D action and dialogue to game play. Music fits PERFECTLY.

It is a turn based strategy RPG based (loosely) on Joan of Arc. The characters are interesting and vary. Humans and creatures are under your control. Simple to learn the basics, but very deep and it has a lot of options to customize your characters.

Anyone who liked (for those of you who remember) the great Vandal Hearts for PSONE will LOVE this one. Same could be said if you like Final Fantasy Tactics, but I enjoy this one a lot more.

Separate areas to level up and try out new spells and weapons.

Not an easy game, not impossible, either; but, so far, a acceptable challenge...

$30

Don't pass this one up.
Okay, I'm not a Tactical RPG fan normally, but I picked this up tonight. I'm only two missions into it, and I'm already loving it.

Barely Legal

Standing on his head
Wipeout Pulse comes out this week for PSP. I love the Wipeout franchise so I'll be getting this for sure. 1up does a sweet video preview in the following link that looks at the pros and cons in an honest look:

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/17150

One cool feature that this game does is that it allows you to login to your PSP online with your PS3 PSN ID. And if Wipeout Pure was any indication, there's going to be a shitload of FREE downloadable content (ships, tracks, teams, skins, etc) -- I think the DLC that came out for Pure almost doubled the content for the entire game.

And it's also selling for under $30 bucks.

LZMF1

Semi-Eviscerated
did anyone with the PSP200 update the firmware to 3.90?

you can now use your PSP to make phone calls using SKYPE and the headset w/mic and they added internet radio too. finally something we would actually use.

Barely Legal

Standing on his head
A bunch of PSP demos were released on the PSN Store this week:

Patapon (very cool)
MLB '08 The Show
SOCOM: Tactical Strike
Harvey Birdman
Puzzle Guzzle

I tried out the Patapon demo yesterday and was very impressed with it. You're basically beating on drums to command your army to do various things like attacking enemies and adjusting their positioning, but the trick is trying to keep in your drum beats in rhythm while outside forces are trying to knock your tempo off.

Get this demo!!! It's on the PSN Store to download from PS3 and on here:
http://store.playstation.com/store/product.vm?id=UP9000-UCUS98721_00-PATAPONPSNDEMO08

Top Bottom