Red Dead Redemption sequel

DiggerNick

Donator
Once you hit chapter II and Camp it’s on.
I understand the purpose of the slow beginning. It really does push home the hardships of just surviving in this environment. So it adds weight to everything you need to do as a result. It's a called good storytelling.

I haven't had any technical hiccups yet, although I do like the term 'exited unexpectedly' rather than just 'crashing' . Once again I'm astounded at the power of my GTX 970 card. I'm just a notch below optimum settings (at 1080p) and it looks spectacular. It just proves that until consoles actually have the balls to price above the $1000 mark they will always play second fiddle to a mid-level PC with a three year-old graphics card.

Last edited:

Mags

A.K.A. Chad
Donator
I understand the purpose of the slow beginning. It really does push home the hardships of just surviving in this environment. So it adds weight to everything you need to do as a result. It's a called good storytelling.

I haven't had any technical hiccups yet, although I do like the term 'exited unexpectedly' rather than just 'crashing' . Once again I'm astounded at the power of my GTX 970 card. I'm just a notch below optimum settings (at 1080p) and it looks spectacular. It just proves that until consoles actually have the balls to price above the $1000 mark they will always play second fiddle to a mid-level PC with a three year-old graphics card.
Fuck consoles. The game was locked at 30 FPS for them. Mine runs all settings on Ultra At 2560x1440 at between 60 and 144 fps. it’s glorious.

The first chapter is really a turorial but there’s a lot they don’t tell you, especially for the pc people.

Last edited:
Turn off anti virus and try it.
Also, there was a patch.
Tried virtually everything they said. I know it's not my rig or card. RTX 2070 , so plenty of juice on both ends. Thinking of refund and buying a hard copy. Waited this long anyway

Mags

A.K.A. Chad
Donator
Tried virtually everything they said. I know it's not my rig or card. RTX 2070 , so plenty of juice on both ends. Thinking of refund and buying a hard copy. Waited this long anyway
I doubt buying a hard copy will make a difference since you’ll likely still have to download the entire game again.

DiggerNick

Donator
They're not releasing hard copies of this on PC.

DiggerNick

Donator
Just got kilt by that big-ass bear. And that whole scene where you and the negro get drunk was funny as hell.

Mags

A.K.A. Chad
Donator
Just got kilt by that big-ass bear. And that whole scene where you and the negro get drunk was funny as hell.
‘My advice is don’t rush through main story missions. Do all white icon missions first because they disappear forever. Yellow missions don’t.

Oh and I just tamed the best horse in the game, the White Arabian.

Last edited:
It's slow and a lot of cutscene but reading from y'all that that'll end soon. Got a question, after rescuing that guy in the mts with the wolves, can you make up those check boxes afterwards? Is that the what you're talking about not able to make up? I'll restart it now, since I just started, if so because I didnt get any boxes checked. I was just checking things out and making sure it wouldn't crash. Wasn't expecting so much
Also, without giving spoilers, are these guys semi bad guys (white collar criminals like?) They're talking about the train job but they also seem to take care of other people. Just wondering because it's odd to see a game where you play as a bad guy

Discoman

Donator
You guys get this through Rockstar, Epic, or Microsoft?

Epic is the store but Rockstar is the launcher needed

Mags

A.K.A. Chad
Donator
It's slow and a lot of cutscene but reading from y'all that that'll end soon. Got a question, after rescuing that guy in the mts with the wolves, can you make up those check boxes afterwards? Is that the what you're talking about not able to make up? I'll restart it now, since I just started, if so because I didnt get any boxes checked. I was just checking things out and making sure it wouldn't crash. Wasn't expecting so much
Also, without giving spoilers, are these guys semi bad guys (white collar criminals like?) They're talking about the train job but they also seem to take care of other people. Just wondering because it's odd to see a game where you play as a bad guy
No. Check marks are just extra credit.

I mean on the map, you see yellow and white icons for missions. Whites can disappear and never come back.

Last edited:

Mags

A.K.A. Chad
Donator
Bad/good is up to you as is “honor”. Any combination of those is possible. Being more honorable will get you certain benefits.

DiggerNick

Donator
I worry that if you spend too long doing side quests you'll get back to camp and find out half the people have starved to death or something like that.

Mags

A.K.A. Chad
Donator
I worry that if you spend too long doing side quests you'll get back to camp and find out half the people have starved to death or something like that.
Nah. Just bring some food back when you get there. Upgrade your camp too once you have the ability to do so.

Nah. Just bring some food back when you get there. Upgrade your camp too once you have the ability to do so.

Soooooo, is this gonna be like Farmville?

I didnt know this was a prequel, thought it came after. Seems like it'll be fun. Love me some open world.

Mags

A.K.A. Chad
Donator
Soooooo, is this gonna be like Farmville?

I didnt know this was a prequel, thought it came after. Seems like it'll be fun. Love me some open world.
It’s pretty damn deep. To me, it feels more like a Fallout title than GTA.

I got killed by a mountain lion yesterday. That’s what I get for trying to help some illegal.

DiggerNick

Donator
Fuck all these new Launchers. I'll wait until next year and pick it up on sale.
I've got five different launchers on my computer; Steam, GOG, UPlay, Rockstar and Origin. All they do is take up hard drivespace and piss me off if I have to dig out my fucking password to log in if I haven't used one for a few months.

Fuck all these new Launchers. I'll wait until next year and pick it up on sale.
If you have plenty of games to play, then you could do that. I just started and it is seriously immersive. I dont have much to choose from because I won't get another multiplayer based game again. I dont care for run and gun, like a crackhead, games. And playing on rails is ok but prefer open world where I can choose a game plan. That's why I couldn't wait for this one.