Red Dead Redemption sequel

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
The one glaring flaw is the on foot and menu controls. They haven't evolved in a decade

Took a lil while, (2 hours) to get into open go where I want and do the missions I want mode. Which is chapter 2, the horseshoe.

I tried not to murder a witness in one of the missions but even after threatening him I stilled failed the mission. I killed him and passed it.

And in another mission, I pressed R2 to aim gun at a witness. It looked like it said to do that, but I winded up shooting him instead of just aiming so I killed him and his friends. Still getting used to the controls.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

chumpy

No hopes of repair
Donator
Remembering all of the controls has been an issue for me too. Also the info that flashes in the top left about things goes away too fast.

Stig

The Star of Wackbag. Without me, you have nothing.
I put in the disk and started the installation.

I took a shit, looked for something on tv (hey, baseball!), made a sammich, loaded a bowl, smoked half of said bowl, ate said sammich, and awkwardly thumbed out this message on my phone....51.5%

Tha fuck I do now?
Smoke the rest of that bowl, for starters.

Stig

Does anyone else feel like the travel is unbelievably tedious?
By the way, I did the first bounty mission, and killed my horse by mistake. It was a LONG fucking walk back to town with that asshole slung over my shoulder. And he was surprisingly quick and nimble for a snake oil salesman.

Foggy

I'm wasting my life here
Donator
Wait, what? You thought GTAV was a disappointment? How was that not the best game you ever played? Trevor alone made that game.
That insane statement boggles my mind.
It was just a retread of GTA4 with more bells and whistles. It didn't fundamentally improve anything except that now you can play as three characters who are not as interesting or entertaining as Niko. In and of itself I know it's great, but after you've been exposed to the great insanity that was 4... yeah, it's not a great improvement.

The first Red Dead Redemption, on the other hand, blew the fuck out of every single thing that came before it, including GTA5 that came afterwards. I think that's why 5 was underwhelming to me.

Stig

Remembering all of the controls has been an issue for me too. Also the info that flashes in the top left about things goes away too fast.
That drives me NUTS! And it's that way in every Rockstar game.

Travel does seem tedious. I look at the map and see how far a place I want to go is and I dont go. Not until I get a faster horse.

Also I cant keep a fucking hat on my head. Was able to go back and pick it up twice but fuck that shit.

Annd. I don't want to have to clean my gun or clean my horse.

I ain't saying it's bad or not worth getting but 4 hours in and u have been fustrated with some things.

Discoman

Donator
Anyone notice any familiar voices or is that day and age long gone?

Small gripe, but it seems dumb not to have a quicker option for calling up the map than pausing the game and selecting it from there. Have pressed the "touch pad" and changed the camera view far too many times

Does anyone else feel like the travel is unbelievably tedious?
By the way, I did the first bounty mission, and killed my horse by mistake. It was a LONG fucking walk back to town with that asshole slung over my shoulder. And he was surprisingly quick and nimble for a snake oil salesman.
You can always whistle for a new horse I think.. But the one you tried to groom and payed special attention to is "permadead". Shit aint coming back.. fuck that noise. I got jumped by a bunch of ODriscolls as I was minding my own business. I got the fuck off of my horse and still he died. I paid for that fucking horse.

From an article I read..
Moreover, it seems that players must also ensure the safety and well-being of their horses as Phil Hooker, the director of technology at Rockstar Games, confirmed that once horses die in-game, they will remain dead forever. “It’s your closest, trusted companion and you are nearly always together. To cement the strength of the bond we had to make it vulnerable so you respect and cared for it as you play, so it feels personal and real,” Hooker revealed during the interview.

Fuck you Mr.Hooker. Seriously, Fuck You.

Stig

You can always whistle for a new horse I think.. But the one you tried to groom and payed special attention to is "permadead". Shit aint coming back.. fuck that noise. I got jumped by a bunch of ODriscolls as I was minding my own business. I got the fuck off of my horse and still he died. I paid for that fucking horse.

From an article I read..
Moreover, it seems that players must also ensure the safety and well-being of their horses as Phil Hooker, the director of technology at Rockstar Games, confirmed that once horses die in-game, they will remain dead forever. “It’s your closest, trusted companion and you are nearly always together. To cement the strength of the bond we had to make it vulnerable so you respect and cared for it as you play, so it feels personal and real,” Hooker revealed during the interview.

Fuck you Mr.Hooker. Seriously, Fuck You.
Luckily, this was just some temp horse I'd stolen in town on that first trip into Valentine. (Valentine, right? Whatever.)

Guilty Spark

It's freeing and refreshing
Small gripe, but it seems dumb not to have a quicker option for calling up the map than pausing the game and selecting it from there. Have pressed the "touch pad" and changed the camera view far too many times
You can hold option on PS4 or hamburger on Xbox to bring up map without going thru menus

mascan42

So i hear that RDR 2 is pissing off SJW's for some reason?
I think it's the NPC meme starting to take effect. They get called NPCs, and the next game they play has NPCs following an obvious script and they get insulted all over again. Because they're a bunch of whiny bitches.

Stig

Travel does seem tedious. I look at the map and see how far a place I want to go is and I dont go. Not until I get a faster horse.

Also I cant keep a fucking hat on my head. Was able to go back and pick it up twice but fuck that shit.

Annd. I don't want to have to clean my gun or clean my horse.

I ain't saying it's bad or not worth getting but 4 hours in and u have been fustrated with some things.

I know I'm supposed to feed the stupid horse, but I'll be damned if I can figure out how.

I know I'm supposed to feed the stupid horse, but I'll be damned if I can figure out how.
When I'm on it I bring up the weapon wheel. Up top it will tell you how to switch to items or horse. go to horse and on the left side (west)of the wheel will be the horse food.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
So i hear that RDR 2 is pissing off SJW's for some reason?
Why would they hate it? I saw clips people posted that made the game look really politically correct.

The guy refuses to fuck women who offer, you join a womans march, you "punch nazis" (technically a eugenics endorser), the main female character beats up men and acts like a man, and there was something about the klan but I couldn't sit through another minute of that shit to watch.

chumpy

No hopes of repair
Donator
I have discovered that if you get the app for it you can see the guide book that would go along with the CDs. You can look at controls there.

chumpy

No hopes of repair
Donator
Hold down the right bring up the wheel and hit R1 to the horse controls and feed it from there.

Or when off the horse press hold L2 then hold R1 to study it. You can then brush, feed, pat, and lead it.

And there is an "auto drive" feature. While riding, I use the waypoint marker" hold the game pad and it will go into cinematic mode. He will go at the speed you have him at and you'll just watch him get there as he gallops. He'll steer around the predetermined route and all.