Red Dead Redemption sequel

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
Or when off the horse press hold L2 then hold R1 to study it. You can then brush, feed, pat, and lead it.

And there is an "auto drive" feature. While riding, I use the waypoint marker" hold the game pad and it will go into cinematic mode. He will go at the speed you have him at and you'll just watch him get there as he gallops. He'll steer around the predetermined route and all.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Slow fast travel? I think that sounds great. There are lots of games where I've gotta travel across the map, I'd love to set it on autopilot while I pack a bowl.

Stig

Fucking your mother.
Slow fast travel? I think that sounds great. There are lots of games where I've gotta travel across the map, I'd love to set it on autopilot while I pack a bowl.
There's a video out there of someone walking and swimming across the entire map of AC Odyssey. Took like 10 hours.

I’ve lost around 15 hats already
After you lose your hat it's always available on your horse when you get on. Item wheel bottom right (SE).

And does anyone pay off their bounties? After one micah mission the west Elizabeth one is 300 bucks. I paid small 60 and 50 dollar ones but even that I dont want to give up the cash. Miss the stash houses you can crash at around the map from RDR1.

Guilty Spark

It's freeing and refreshing
After you lose your hat it's always available on your horse when you get on. Item wheel bottom right (SE).

And does anyone pay off their bounties? After one micah mission the west Elizabeth one is 300 bucks. I paid small 60 and 50 dollar ones but even that I dont want to give up the cash. Miss the stash houses you can crash at around the map from RDR1.

Is that only purchased hats or just any hat you take off of bodies?

And you can also turn yourself in to remove bounties, I usually give all my dough to camp before doing this as they’ll still take the money for the bounty if you have it on you

Stig

Fucking your mother.
Is that only purchased hats or just any hat you take off of bodies?

And you can also turn yourself in to remove bounties, I usually give all my dough to camp before doing this as they’ll still take the money for the bounty if you have it on you
Can you get it back from camp?

Can you get it back from camp?
No. But use it to upgrade the camp and buy supplies.

Doing so, the horse hitch for camp for example, will give you access to fast travel. You can fast travel to places you've been from camp only. Meaning you CAN'T fast travel back to camp only to places from camp. And even that gives you a riding montage which takes about a minute.

Riding the horse from place to place is the majority of my game time. Getting to hate it. Even with auto drive. Running over people in town and getting a bounty is a pain in the ass too.
Should have kept the safe house purchase option, spread on the map, and allow fast travel from each place.

Yes, detail is incredible. But it's those little tasks you have to do such as buying supplies for camp that are annoying as well. Maintaining weapons and cleaning horse. Even have to go to barber as you hair and beard grow as you play.

Stig

Fucking your mother.

Doing so, the horse hitch for camp for example, will give you access to fast travel. You can fast travel to places you've been from camp only. Meaning you CAN'T fast travel back to camp only to places from camp. And even that gives you a riding montage which takes about a minute.

Riding the horse from place to place is the majority of my game time. Getting to hate it. Even with auto drive. Running over people in town and getting a bounty is a pain in the ass too.
Should have kept the safe house purchase option, spread on the map, and allow fast travel from each place.

Yes, detail is incredible. But it's those little tasks you have to do such as buying supplies for camp that are annoying as well. Maintaining weapons and cleaning horse. Even have to go to barber as you hair and beard grow as you play.

Totally agree. The travel and housekeeping are the absolute worst parts of the game.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.

It's your tent upgrade, not the horse hitch, that unlocks fast travel.

Bobobie

The guy who threw the Feminist to a Gator had his Facebook account suspended. Antifa has videos of performing actual violence on people and destroying property but he lost his account for killing an NPC in a video game. Mind you, in this game you can attack and kill anyone.

It looks like GTA with horses. I can't wait for the PC version. I bet there will mods with people importing cars from GTA.

chumpy

No hopes of repair
Donator
I just started chapter 3. I feel like I missed a lot in the setup. Am I corrrect that I can go back and eventually see what I missed?

Hate & Discontent

Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?
I just started chapter 3. I feel like I missed a lot in the setup. Am I corrrect that I can go back and eventually see what I missed?
Yeah, there's mission replays, but when I tried some after the epilogue, I kept getting shitty weapons and limited ammo - even shitter than I had at that actual point in the story.

Verbal Kint

Come on now Algebra, this ain't no place for you
Just finished the main story line.
Dropped about 60 hours-with all the side missions/hunting that I did.
This game is simply fucking stunning! I seriously love me some Rockstar games. (Dan Houser writes some good shit!)

Jimmy's Dignity

Pound my bloody fudge!!
Staff member
Wackbag Staff
I've been balls deep in this game since it came out. Probably close to 50+ hours of gameplay, and I only just got to Chapter 3.

I love when NPCs show up multiple times & it almost always pays off to not kill them the first time. I ran into a guy who got bit by a snake twice, ran into him in Rhodes & he bought me a free pair of boots

Last edited:
I finished the campaign about 2 weeks ago. Admittedly, while I did as many white circle side missions as I could, I didn't do any others like hunting, finding the dream catchers, treasure hunting, etc.

While I am sure this will get game of the year, it wasn't for me. And it's probably just me but.
The travel. I know there was auto drive, and stage coaches, and trains but they were flawed. Auto drive took forever and most times the horse didn't have the stamina to get there unless you walked it which took forever. The stagecoaches werent always available, and the trains were rarely there when I needed. The wait for the train was as long as riding to where I had to go. Only could fast travel from camp. I didn't like being at the bottom of the map and needing 10-15 minutes to get to the top where the next mission was. So an hour of playing led to 30 minutes or more of riding. Really took me out of it.

I didn't want a cowboy simulator. While I appreciate the detail, down to my hair growing by the day (I didn't mind getting a haircut and shave once in a while) I did mind the core system. I didn't want to set a fire and have to eat all the time. Or feed my horse. To be honest I didn't see the difference in being skinnier or my horse being skinnier.. I just dealt with it.

Hunting. Bad pelts vs good pelt.. I already said I didn't do much hunting. Surprisingly not even legendary animals, because I didn't see the point. The only time I hunted was to give the animal to my camp to eat. I skinned some animals then got poor pelts and just left them there. Yes I know you can study and find better pelts but I didn't want to waste the time. But I had enough money most of the game so didn't even need to sell the pelts.

The story was good, a good prequel to RDR1 why I enjoyed more because it was new I guess. Still don't see the need for the Guarma stuff. Didn't really add to the story that I could see. (If I missed it tell me). Only 1 reason I found he had to be off the main map and thats a woman spoiler.

Maybe I will go back and play again. Hunt, do some side stuff like visit all the graves,(already went to arthurs and someone elses. Lenny maybe?).

TL;DR good game but too much detail I didn't need.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Anyone playing online yet? Cowboy battle royal with no guns sounds interesting

Foggy

all mayo is actually my cum
Donator
I didn't want a cowboy simulator. While I appreciate the detail, down to my hair growing by the day (I didn't mind getting a haircut and shave once in a while) I did mind the core system. I didn't want to set a fire and have to eat all the time. Or feed my horse. To be honest I didn't see the difference in being skinnier or my horse being skinnier.. I just dealt with it.
There's absolutely too much detail and realism that detracts from the meat, which is supposed to be fun. This reminds me of Phantom Pain which was great, but hampered by having to do too much boring shit... actually much like it again, it's definitely a great game but simultaneously a disappointment.

I'm gonna get through this one ASAP and then wait impatiently for Cyberpunk 2077.