Red Letter Media presents The Nerd Crew

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Porg is going to be a huge mistake. Or the greatest thing ever.
Probably both. They'll push away or at least get some eyerolls from the hardcore fans that they brought back in with TFA, and they'll sell a lot of fucking toys, so who cares. I don't mind comic relief and merchandising in Star Wars, I just wish it didn't feel so cold and calculated. As I think you said, BB-8 didn't feel like that, even if that's what he was.

Also, Jay's reaction to Porg was my favorite thing about the video.

LiddyRules

I Think I'll Eat An Apple
Probably both. They'll push away or at least get some eyerolls from the hardcore fans that they brought back in with TFA, and they'll sell a lot of fucking toys, so who cares. I don't mind comic relief and merchandising in Star Wars, I just wish it didn't feel so cold and calculated. As I think you said, BB-8 didn't feel like that, even if that's what he was.

Also, Jay's reaction to Porg was my favorite thing about the video.
BB-8, while that, made sense to me because Droids exist in this universe so why wouldn't there be new Droids 30 years later plus it's an actual physical piece of tech for the most part. This is just cynical.

Pigdango

Donator
BB-8, while that, made sense to me because Droids exist in this universe so why wouldn't there be new Droids 30 years later plus it's an actual physical piece of tech for the most part. This is just cynical.
One of the bigger (yet also unimportant) gripes I've had about the first two Disney movies is that due to the rushed production of TFA and the reshoots on R1, there really haven't been many aliens. So I guess Porg is an improvement over that. I just wish they weren't...you know...Porg.

LiddyRules

One of the bigger (yet also unimportant) gripes I've had about the first two Disney movies is that due to the rushed production of TFA and the reshoots on R1, there really haven't been many aliens. So I guess Porg is an improvement over that. I just wish they weren't...you know...Porg.
Wasn't there a midget alien R1 member that simply disappeared?

Pigdango

Donator
The more I think about that movie, the more I hate it than the Prequels.
A few days after seeing Rogue One, I was still saying it was better than the Prequels. By February...

The first two Disney films have done something I didn't think was humanly possible: Given me a new appreciation for the Prequels. For all of their faults, and there are many - at least they were more unique and not nearly as reliant on references to the original trilogy. Aside from Jango, who I've come to appreciate as the very worst part of the Prequels, there really weren't that many references for the sake of. And no Death Stars!
I can't wait for @Neckbeard to come in and chide me for being a Phantom Menace apologist, but god dammit if you ask me to choose between Claw Game plan retrieval and Pod Racing, it's pod racing every fucking time.

LiddyRules

A few days after seeing Rogue One, I was still saying it was better than the Prequels. By February...

I can't wait for @Neckbeard to come in and chide me for being a Phantom Menace apologist, but god dammit if you ask me to choose between Claw Game plan retrieval and Pod Racing, it's pod racing every fucking time.
At least the Pod Race was in a kid's movie, not the Saving Private Ryan of space movies.

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator

At least we remember things from Phantom Menace. What is anybody going to remember from Rogue One about 20 years from now? Darth Vader killing people for three minutes? Its like the first Red Letter Media Star Wars review where people are asked to describe and impersonate characters and its easy for the original trilogy and impossible for Phantom Menace. Everybody in the Western World can describe and impersonate Jar Jar Binks now. I can't describe Rogue One characters and impersonate them because I literally don't even remember the fucking names of the characters in Rogue One and I've seen it twice and it came out less than 2 years ago.

LiddyRules

At least we remember things from Phantom Menace. What is anybody going to remember from Rogue One about 20 years from now? Darth Vader killing people for three minutes? Its like the first Red Letter Media Star Wars review where people are asked to describe and impersonate characters and its easy for the original trilogy and impossible for Phantom Menace. Everybody in the Western World can describe and impersonate Jar Jar Binks now. I can't describe Rogue One characters and impersonate them because I literally don't even remember the fucking names of the characters in Rogue One and I've seen it twice and it came out less than 2 years ago.
Apparently, during the final space battle, there was a garbage ship referenced in one of those garbage cartoons for garbage people.

Pigdango

Donator
"When Snoke stepped onto the Porg and we saw that it's guts were purple...That's now something we can add to canon."

:haha7:

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
"I put on a tuxedo...and took a picture with a droid...I'm not sure which droid it was"

I don't know who they're referencing but this person was rightfully mocked several times this episode.

The Nerd Crew and Wheel of the Worst are probably my two favorite RLM segments.
Nerd Crew has a clear contempt behind it, which speaks to me personally as a contemptful person, but that's just me personally.

Last edited:

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
This video had some Patreon Exclusive RLM content, so it might be new for you?
There was something new for me.

I noticed how every one of these assholes they make fun of really do pose fucking action figures all around their set.

I feel like I wanna beat up nerds, but I am a nerd, but I'm not the same type of nerd at them. I don't know what reality is anymore.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
That was funny/made me want to punch a lot of people
This new age of shameless nerds needs to stop.

I had to hide the fact I liked nerdy shit or people who call me a faggot. Now they just lack any shame and talk about this crap in public. Its sickening.