Redacted

Starting to hear more and more about this (Depalma and his movie). I guess a girl get's ***** by U.S troops. What's the point of making a movie like this?

Anyone got the stomach to go see it? Sounds like the fellow doesn't like U.S. soldiers very much.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Its been this weeks hot topic between Bill O' Riley and Keith Olbermann. Douchebag O' Riley basically called for anybody making movies like this during wartimes should be locked up. Also Mark Cuban, who I believe is backing the distrubition of the film, as been fighting back and forth with O' Riley about it. The way I look at it, if you don't want to see the film, don't see it. Besides its Brian Depalma, what was the last good film he directed?

umo

The sexual assault scene was nothing compared to the horror of watching an IED blow a Marine apart like a goddam rag doll. The closeup shots of a terrorist decapitating one of our troops with a butcher knife was way more intense than the simulated sex scene. As he proved in the movie Scarface, De Palma has a knack for filming cringe inducing acts of graphic violence. After watching Redacted and seeing how those sand naggers are slaughtering our troops; I want our military to seek & destroy every raghead terrorist on earth.

Vyce

Light-skinned, with no Negro dialect.
The sexual assault scene was nothing compared to the horror of watching an IED blow a Marine apart like a goddam rag doll. The closeup shots of a terrorist decapitating one of our troops with a butcher knife was way more intense than the simulated sex scene. As he proved in the movie Scarface, De Palma has a knack for filming cringe inducing acts of graphic violence. After watching Redacted and seeing how those sand naggers are slaughtering our troops; I want our military to seek & destroy every raghead terrorist on earth.
The problem with this movie is, you walked out of it with the exact OPPOSITE reaction De Palma wanted.

He didn't want you to walk out of the film wanting to see more terrorists die. He wanted you to walk out of the film believing that our soldiers are routinely, and CONSTANTLY, engaging in ***** and other acts of barbarism against the Iraqis, who are "victims", and that our government / military is covering it up. That's absolute fiction in more ways than one.

Stormrider666 said:
The way I look at it, if you don't want to see the film, don't see it. Besides its Brian Depalma, what was the last good film he directed?
Another serious problem with this film is that it absolutely WILL be used as propaganda against our troops. In Islamic countries, especially, but also in Europe, where they're predisposed to despising us anyway. It's going to be spun as "American director makes brave, bold film exposing what Americans have been REALLY doing in Iraq".

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
The problem with this movie is, you walked out of it with the exact OPPOSITE reaction De Palma wanted.
I haven't seen this movie but I think this might happen a lot to De Palma. I doubt he wanted Scarface to become the hero to thousands of golfers. I don't think the point of The Black Dahlia was "Now I'm going to masturbate to the dead body of Mia Kirshner." Sean Connery shockingly won the Oscar for The Untouchables. And Bonfire of the Vanities wasn't meant to be seen.

Deadbent

You can go fuck.
Reduced to its barest elements...
It's a matter of tact, timing, and bad taste.
That's why this film is getting the press it is, and I'm sure it's the effect that was anticipated.

Those three things are inarguably selling points of the movie.

It's more than likely, and perhaps near certain the film wouldn't be so negatively received if not released in a time of war.

It's bad taste to release it during war times, knowing it can and will be used and viewed in a negative light.
There are better ways of exposing injustices, than launching a veritable smear campaign against the american troops.

De Palma is a skilled film maker, but he doesn't make good movies.

I'm sure this keeps in tune with that. I'll catch it tuesday night.

WhiskeyWhispers

I Want To Kill You All
It's going to bomb anyway. Every preachy War movie has tanked thus far this year.

War is bad. No shit, Sherlock. You think that up all by yourself? My, your a big boy now.

Does anyone really want to pay ten bucks to be graphically reminded what a fucking mess this world is? During the holidays no less?

And Mr. DePalma, please go back to aping Hitchcock or whatever pot you were smoking in 1980, because your movies flat out suck now.

jagsfans

What an unbelievable pile of shit this fucking movie was. I could give a fuck about the controversy b/c I know most soldiers don't do this shit. DePalma tried to show how there are good soldiers (as patronizing as it was). The point of this movie is to show how the US govt. is hiding the truth from us MANNNN!!!

I can see how people will say this is propaganda, but you can't stifle free speech. Especially when it's so fucking obvious of it's agenda.

The acting is shit & the writing is shit.

SuperGolfer

I got it from a negro
I doubt he wanted Scarface to become the hero to thousands of golfers.
Whenever I see someone fetishizing Scarface I just want to say to them, "Didn't you see the ending?"

weakside

He was stupid. I was lucky. I will visit him soon.
It's a movie. I didn't think a giant iguana was going to tear up New York and I also didn't think Forrest Gump alerted anyone to the Watergate scandal.

It's ok to see a different perspective than our own without having to get hyper-sensitive.

Top Bottom