RedLetterMedia presents: re:View

DiggerNick

Donator
Do they talk about the shitty transitions?

Are there though?
HARD TIMES, THE DRIVER, SOUTHERN COMFORT, EXTREME PREJUDICE, 48 HOURS, THE LONG RIDERS. All better than THE WARRIORS.

Shit, nigga, I might even put TRESPASS and JOHNNY HANDSOME in there.

STREETS OF FIRE is garbage. Apparently Hill and the producers knew Michael Pare sucked balls, and he's in every scene. Diane Lane, as unfathomably hot as she is in this movie, is barely in it.

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih
Somehow every decision my ancestors made throughout history led to me watching a bootleg version of My Christmas Grandpa at 1:00 am.

LiddyRules

Johny Charro Card Holder #1
Somehow every decision my ancestors made throughout history led to me watching a bootleg version of My Christmas Grandpa at 1:00 am.
It was a a long 11 minutes, but anything that has people buying an old black man is worth watching at least once.

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
I never thought I'd see the day where I'd want Rick Berman back as showrunner.

Radioguy

Really, for all the flaws in ENT it still made more sense than Disco.

More realistically though, with the DS9 doc now, Ira Steven Behr is getting some new name recognition these days. It crossed my mind he might be positioning himself as an available alternative if CBS do want to scuttle all that is Secret Hideout. Even Ronald Moore could be lured back.

Radioguy

We were just talking about this none too long ago. I wish Mike were in on this review.

Radioguy

If it was anyone but Zahler, there would have been some kind of Oscar buzz. It was brilliant. Still better than Cell Block or Dragged.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Seems like they are in @Bill Lehecka 's camp of liking this movie because it was a fuck you to the studio, a fuck you to the audience, and a fuck you to the franchise and sequels in general. They also liked all the "I clapped because Batman Gremlin" references.

And maybe as a one of a kind phenomenon that the studio learned from...no. The movie itself still isn't good. But if you could watch it and say "Thank god movie studios have learned from this cautionary tale..."

Sigh. Maybe you could look at it as ahead of it's time, but when the selling point is "Because of this movie we got movies like Sharknado, Last Jedi, Batman v Superman, Rogue One..."

Eh. I think being ahead of your time only matters if everything that took inspiration from you is...good.

LiddyRules

Johny Charro Card Holder #1
Seems like they are in @Bill Lehecka 's camp of liking this movie because it was a fuck you to the studio, a fuck you to the audience, and a fuck you to the franchise and sequels in general. They also liked all the "I clapped because Batman Gremlin" references.

And maybe as a one of a kind phenomenon that the studio learned from...no. The movie itself still isn't good. But if you could watch it and say "Thank god movie studios have learned from this cautionary tale..."

Sigh. Maybe you could look at it as ahead of it's time, but when the selling point is "Because of this movie we got movies like Sharknado, Last Jedi, Batman v Superman, Rogue One..."

Eh. I think being ahead of your time only matters if everything that took inspiration from you is...good.
And I'm the one who hates fun.