RedLetterMedia presents: re:View

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih
Did we ever do that? Because it's one of the oddest movies I've ever seen, and I just watched Aguirre, the Wrath of God.
I don't think so, but we should someday. It's completely unrestrained Dan Aykroyd in the craziest possible way.

Fun fact: 1/3 of the budget to make Aguirre, the Wrath of God went to Klaus Kinsky. More on that later.

LiddyRules

She Is Not My BFF. She Is Not.
I don't think so, but we should someday. It's completely unrestrained Dan Aykroyd in the craziest possible way.

Fun fact: 1/3 of the budget to make Aguirre, the Wrath of God went to Klaus Kinsky. More on that later.
It's on HBO GO!

Refn had to be inspired by Aguirre for Valhalla Rising.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Donator

Take that Bavaria, tomorrow.
I hate this film the same way I hate Ginger Ale. I associate it with being sick. I reject when I was in my teens and home sick, I laid on the couch one evening with nothing else on. I was so bored and kept falling asleep get every time I woke up this bonkers movie was on grossing me out. I hate it.

ruckstande

Donator
After reading the wiki for Nothing But Trouble, I've come to the conclusion this movie couldn't possibly exist.

LiddyRules

I rewatched it last night in preparation for the re:View. That movie killed the 1980s. And it definitely gave me nightmares as a kid.

Lord Zero

I rewatched it last night in preparation for the re:View. That movie killed the 1980s. And it definitely gave me nightmares as a kid.
I saw the bone stripper scene when I was a kid, I'm talking single-digit-aged, and it didn't give me nightmares, but I did spend years after that wondering, "What fucking movie was that?" I finally got my answer. A scene that did give me nightmares was some movie I woke up to my dad watching. The scene, if I'm remembering correctly (again, single-digit-aged), was some dude or thing locked in a casket, bouncing up and down in it and yelling like a lunatic until another dude took the gurney or whatever the casket was sitting and wheeled as hard as he could off screen, where the camera cut to the casket neatly sliding into a cremation oven. I don't know what movie that was, but that FUCKED ME UP as a child. After I saw it, I immediately went to my room and watched cartoons and tried to get my mind off it.

ruckstande

Donator
I saw the bone stripper scene when I was a kid, I'm talking single-digit-aged, and it didn't give me nightmares, but I did spend years after that wondering, "What fucking movie was that?" I finally got my answer. A scene that did give me nightmares was some movie I woke up to my dad watching. The scene, if I'm remembering correctly (again, single-digit-aged), was some dude or thing locked in a casket, bouncing up and down in it and yelling like a lunatic until another dude took the gurney or whatever the casket was sitting and wheeled as hard as he could off screen, where the camera cut to the casket neatly sliding into a cremation oven. I don't know what movie that was, but that FUCKED ME UP as a child. After I saw it, I immediately went to my room and watched cartoons and tried to get my mind off it.
You should go reddit that in TOMT.

LiddyRules

Scrooged?

That isn't a joke. The scene of him pounding on the casket and then being casually shoved into the cremation oven was intense.

Lord Zero

Scrooged?

That isn't a joke. The scene of him pounding on the casket and then being casually shoved into the cremation oven was intense.
I've seen Scrooged and no, this person or thing was really struggling, like, almost cartoonishly. The whole gurney was bouncing. Also, I don't think we ever see inside the casket. I'm assuming that the movie showed the person or thing actually getting trapped in the casket. Furthermore, the casket didn't go in casually, it slid in at a relatively high rate of speed.

By the way, this is really morbid, even for this board, but it's weird how many cremation ovens in movies are depicted as only having the burners on the bottom, like an actual oven-oven. If I remember correctly, actual cremation ovens these days are designed to, among other things, ignite the chest cavity, which burns the best, but is the hardest to initially light. To achieve this, they basically have a small flamethrower in the "ceiling" of the cremation chamber in addition to the other burners that slowly burns through the chest. (Wikipedia wormholes sometimes lead you down some dark avenues.) The ones you see in movies are less suited for cremation than they are flame-broiling. I think the one in Diamonds Are Forever is the only one that averts that. Anyway, the whole process is pretty violent, and it's kind of morbidly funny when you contrast it with the peaceful tone of the funeral.

chumpy

No hopes of repair
Donator
Before or afrer the furious mastrubation?

Bill Lehecka

Whiny Man Baby
Donator
I saw Nothing But Trouble numerous times as a teen, but I honestly am not sure if I’ve ever seen it from beginning to end in one sitting.

I know moments. But they’re all jumbled in my brain.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
Glad Rich wore his nice jeans for the filming.