THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
i haven't played Charles Whitman yet, so i say FUCK YOU. to that

WhiskeyWhispers

I Want To Kill You All
Mar 11, 2007
Jersey
The researchers said they couldn’t prove that marijuana use itself increases the risk of psychosis, a category of several disorders with schizophrenia being the most commonly known.

There could be something else about marijuana users, “like their tendency to use other drugs or certain personality traits, that could be causing the psychoses,” Zammit said.
In other words, marijuana doesn't cause psychosis. I think the researchers are fucking stoned.

jackjack

May 12, 2007
Daytona Beach
I hate those politically biased interpretations of studies.
I don't even smoke pot, and it annoys the fuck out of me when the anti-pot politicians pull this shit, especially when it seems to happen right after a little bit of ground seems to get gained by the medicinal weed people.

Read far enough to see the real numbers involved. That 40% is a bullshit comclusion, all within the 'noise level' of the statistics.
A small amount of control people went psycho. A slightly larger number of the pot smoker group did.

Notice they never give the real numbers, either. This is the best they do.
------------
For example, Zammit said the risk of developing schizophrenia for most people is less than 1 percent. The prevalence of schizophrenia is believed to be about five in 1,000 people. But because of the drug’s wide popularity, the researchers estimate that about 800 new cases of psychosis could be prevented by reducing marijuana use.

------------

That says very little, and there is no link to the complete study, either.
They know if people saw the real data, there would be no cause for alarm.

Shit, that's annoying.
The risk is 1 percent, or 1 in 100.
Actual is 5 in 1000, or .5%, or 1 in 200

But 800 cases can be prevented.

They don't say out of how many, though.. The world?

The only shred of honesty is where they say the overall risk is low for both groups.

Creampier

I have to return some videotapes!
May 11, 2007
Somerville, NJ
Same here. I don't smoke pot (I'm an amphetamines guy myself) but anyone with half a brain knows that marijuana doesn't cause psychosis! I guess one of these stoners said "I'm freaking out maaaaaan!" and that's where they got that angle from.

I'm just appalled at the money wasted "studying" and enforcing the laws against this stupid little fucking harmless green leaf.