Reigns Gone For 30 Days

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
http://rajah.com/node/52431

Roman Reigns has been suspended by the WWE for 30 days for violating the Wellness Policy.

STAMFORD, Conn. — WWE has suspended Joe Anoa`i (Roman Reigns) for 30 days effective immediately for his first violation of the company’s talent wellness policy.

Guessing he's a fan of that reefer.

pnigga

hold my hand, dane
would not surprise me at all if this is why they had him drop the title over the weekend. that entire end of the card was a complete shitshow, like the sort of decision that was written on a napkin in 30 seconds. then again, all of WWE's booking seems that way.

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
Stands to reason they knew. Reading the recap, it made zero fucking sense.

Foggy

I'm wasting my life here
Donator
It won't hurt him.

Hasn't Orton gotten like, 7 of these?

This whole story fascinates me and there are other rumors and whispers I've heard as well. It's been reported that they knew about the test before MitB, and that may be why he lost clean to Rollins. However, I don't think Ambrose only won because of the test. On Monday, it came out that while Ambrose was headlining the B house shows in smaller markets and Roman was headlining the A house shows in larger markets, they were drawing about the same number of people, good for a B show, not good for an A show. I've heard rumors that this isn't the first time he got busted for something, but that he may have received a warning or two in the past. The "hernia" that he had a couple years ago when he was supposed to fight Rollins the first time is a rumored infraction (and even before this test I've questioned the legitimacy of the injury since it worked so perfect with Ambrose's return). Another rumored infraction was about a year ago when Brock left Raw after some contract talks with Vince and I even remember reading something back then that part of the reason he left was because Roman failed a drug test.

This has to affect their plans for Reigns and even though I don't hate Roman, I'm happy it happened. With Reigns as the champ, it seemed like nobody had a real shot at winning the belt for a while. I don't see how they can keep building him as the new face of the company with the recent failure. I'm sure we'll never know what he did, but this is a huge deal. I know Orton has gotten popped and it hasn't seemed to hurt him, but I feel like Orton and Roman are two very different entities. Orton always seems to get the desired reaction, which is a huge plus. Orton was also always going be at most number 2 behind Cena, so he doesn't have the pressure of needing to be super clean cut as the face of the company. All in all, I'm fascinated by this story and I can't wait to watch it unfold.

pnigga

hold my hand, dane
the more I think about it, the more positive I am that they knew about the failed suspension several days before the PPV. jobbing clean to Rollins was Vince's version of a slap on the wrist to his favorite son. Ambrose, for whatever reason, has a lot of crowd support and it's better to give the belt to him than Rollins who's not been back on the active roster long enough. on top of that, Reigns benefits from the title bouncing between Shield members because he's done nothing to distinguish himself away from The Shield and having the two stronger members of The Shield build a feud to a title match is a way of (yet again) having other people do Reigns' heavy lifting for him (while also keeping Reigns strongly in the picture). so they bring the dope back on Monday to set up a tedious threeway match, then he goes off to get his 30-day rest and comes back nice and fresh for Battleground. does this course of action completely obliterate any credibility WWE's "wellness policy" had left? of course it does. does Vince give a flying fuck? nope. everybody and their grandmother knows Roman Reigns has no business being where he is, and if anything, being stupid enough to fail a drug test when you've been prematurely handed the keys to the company for 2 years proves that better than all the booing. but Vince is going to prove that Roman Reigns is The Rock 2.0 or kill the guy trying. one way or the other this clown is going to be a 4-time champion by the end of the summer.