Remember when Sandy Kane sued...

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
I was wondering what could get you to willingly have sex with Sandy Kane.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Don't knock Yahoo chat. Where else can you discuss Late Night with Conan O'Brien, Gideon's Crossing, Frasier, Friends, Providence, and ER?

Hunter777

iPod listener
Apr 18, 2005
What gets me is that she can still sue O&A because the lawsuit was dismissed without prejudice...

Maybe she should sue Twatto next, finally get rid of that nasty thing.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Maybe she should sue Twatto next, finally get rid of that nasty thing.
That would be awkward when neither of them would bother to show up for court.

Now that I know about the Daily Show suit, I'm going to guess that she can't find a lawyer to represent her on a contingency basis for the O&A suit. That's why she's not showing up for court. If she can somehow talk some ambulance chasing scumbag into taking her case with no money up front, she'll file again.

ughh

Nov 14, 2010
Its not worth it. Small claims court caps the maximum award at $5,000, sooo best case scenario some scumbag lawyer like me would only make 1/3 of 5k in a contingency arangement, roughly $1,700, but half the time in small claims lawsuits you never get paid and wind up with some useless judgment.

More realistically some soft hearted liberal judge or arbitrator might feel bad for the hideous old wench and give her twenty bucks for a new hat but there is no way in hell she is getting $5k.

Dicktator

I need a Vacation
Feb 11, 2006
Michigan
Its not worth it. Small claims court caps the maximum award at $5,000, sooo best case scenario some scumbag lawyer like me would only make 1/3 of 5k in a contingency arangement, roughly $1,700, but half the time in small claims lawsuits you never get paid and wind up with some useless judgment.

More realistically some soft hearted liberal judge or arbitrator might feel bad for the hideous old wench and give her twenty bucks for a new hat but there is no way in hell she is getting $5k.

I didn't think small claims allowed lawyers?

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
I didn't think small claims allowed lawyers?
They're allowed in any court. Just not practical to hire one for small claims. I don't know the specifics of this case, but I can't picture Sandy Kane putting any kind of legal papers together without help, even if it is a fill in the blanks small claims form.

Hoffman

Guess who's back? Hoffman's back
Sep 28, 2006
Northern VA
Wait...I don't remember Sandy suing the Daily Show.

ughh

Nov 14, 2010
I don't know how it works in other states but in NYC there are no "legal papers" you just go to the small claims window at the courthouse, and fill out a little card with the name of the person you are suing, and where they live, and one or two lines about what the lawsuit is about and they just mail it out.

Half of the people at smalls claims court are insane. It is lots of people suing dry cleaners for staining their shirt or people suing their roommate for the 50 bucks they owe for the cable bill.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
I don't know how it works in other states but in NYC there are no "legal papers" you just go to the small claims window at the courthouse, and fill out a little card with the name of the person you are suing, and where they live, and one or two lines about what the lawsuit is about and they just mail it out.
Most states it's a one page form. Not much more involved than what you've described. I still maintain that Sandy Kane couldn't do it on her own. She's a retard.

It is lots of people suing dry cleaners for staining their shirt or people suing their roommate for the 50 bucks they owe for the cable bill.
Those sound like legitimate cases for small claims court.