Remote Control from last weeks show: HUGE sale

reddog_2711

swassdaddy

Lingering longer again
Thanks for posting that. I got one about 2 months ago on Amazon for $149 (I think). Thats a good deal. Overall its been a good remote but the 'soft' keys on the side of the display are very small. I am using it for the following:

Onkyo AV Receiver
Directv HR20 receiver
Vizio LCD TV
XM Inno

The biggest adjustment to using this remote is not thinking about the actual device but the activity one want to use the remote for. Example, "watch my tv" will turn on my AV receiver, Directv, and TV to the right settings and now the remote is controlling the channels through the Directv and volume on the AV receiver. Still need my original remotes to do some advanced stuff but it is nice to have one remote for 95% of my remote use.

I got mine last night ($162 on Ebay, could have got it cheaper but I wanted to buy from a Canadian seller to get it faster). It's a nice remote, must easier to program using the computer program rather then punching in codes or stuff that my old universal remote did.

The 1000 is probably better though, too bad I didn't have $600 to blow on a remote :D

TJLamb0518

Jumping That Shark....
I won a Harmony and let me tell you....they're friggin' the BEST!

It controls my TV, both my DVD changers, my DVD Recorder/VCR, my PS2, my Home Theatrer, my XM and my ceiling fan.

It's the best! HIGHLY recommended.

jstew8

I got mine last night ($162 on Ebay, could have got it cheaper but I wanted to buy from a Canadian seller to get it faster). It's a nice remote, must easier to program using the computer program rather then punching in codes or stuff that my old universal remote did.

The 1000 is probably better though, too bad I didn't have $600 to blow on a remote :D
Who Does.

And welcome to the board

Fruit Monkey

Don't stare at it eat it! P-1 In trainning
i bought it and couldnt get it took work mother f-er

Who Does.

And welcome to the board
Opie, and thanks. Long time lurker; first time poster.

Will it control cable boxes?
Yup, it controls a hell of a lot of shit. It controls all 3 of my TV's, my motorola digital cable box, my xbox, my reciever, and my Infocus projector. Additionally even if you don't know the model of device you have if you fire the original remote at it a couple times it'll tell you what device it probably is (I couldn't find the model number for my cable box and it found it for me).

It really is a slick remote.

Hey thanks for the link guys, just bought it myself. Could not pass it up, considering I keep loosing my damn remotes!

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
I've bought cars for less money...:icon_conf

S

SouthJerseyDoug

God damn it! i missed it, and i've been wanting one of those for awhile.

Deadbent

You can go fuck.
Pda plus programmable universal remote software is the shit. It really is. There's not one thing with an I/R port that it can't control.

reddog_2711

Pda plus programmable universal remote software is the shit. It really is. There's not one thing with an I/R port that it can't control.
Maybe I should stick a I/R port on the back of my wife's neck while she's sleeping. :haha7: