OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Remote Viewing TV Show or Movie?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by thekidslepthere, Jun 13, 2011.

1. thekidslepthere

thekidslepthere Registered User

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_viewing

Can anyone think of any TV shows or movies about Remote Viewing, besides Men Who Stare At Goats, that really took Remote Viewing to a different level and I guess Minority Report was kind of like remote viewing. I was wondering if anyone thought it might be worth developing into an idea to pitch or a script.

2. LiddyRules

LiddyRules I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy

What about that series John Doe? I thought that had a remote viewing/astral projection element.

3. Konstantin K

Konstantin K Big League Poster

Isn't remote viewing what they were doing in Suspect Zero? That movie pretty much sucked though.

4. LiddyRules

Isn't one of FOX's new shows based on a similar concept- I think it's called The Finder. It's from the producer of Bones. It's about an MP who goes into a coma after an IED explodes and then can find stuff.

5. lockjaaaaww

lockjaaaaww All out of Bubble Gum.

Does the dead zone count?

6. thekidslepthere

John Doe was about a guy having all the knowledge in the world in his head. Suspect Zero was based partially on remote viewing. Dead Zone was more paranormal, I thought. I don't know about the finder, I should try and check it out, I know it's the Bones spin-off, but that's about it.

It turns out one of my neighbors dads was involved with the remote viewing projects when he was in the army, he still speaks at those Art Bell/Coast to Coast type conferences on the subject. I'm planning on talking to him, see if I can learn more about it.

I see a show about it in my head I guess more in the military aspects of it and then if there was some real team that went on missions to investigate the predictions. I don't know, just really rough idea right now.

Just a bad weekend, found out one project I was chasing the rights to, found out that a really big company just stole this real life story and changed the tiniest bits to get away with it. So now I'm racking my brain for other new ideas.

7. LiddyRules

I know who John Doe was but I think as he kept trying to find out what happened to him/who he was, he discovered a psychic conspiracy with some people forced to attempt remote viewing. It might have just been a minor element though.

Sorry about your project.

8. thekidslepthere

I looked up John Doe, it was more some company trying to do experiments with near death accidents and somehow all the knowledge filling their heads.

No big deal, it was a national story, I just happened to grow up around these guys and had been trying to help them, but they were kind of dragging their feet. There's still a big article coming out by a really well known author about it, so something might be possible with that. It actually forces me to focus on the other projects I'm already in the middle of. I just got the rights to a baseball story that involves a somewhat well known celebrity that no one in the world knows about and I only do because of a random college internship I had almost ten years ago. Has all the makings for a great script, I'll just have to focus on that.

9. LiddyRules

http://www.episodeguide.us/john-doe/remote-control/episode/242601/summary.html

Description of episode 20: Remote Control

I was curious if I was thinking of that show or if I was completely wrong.

10. thekidslepthere

Your knack at remembering inane facts never ceases to amaze me Liddy.