Remote Viewing TV Show or Movie?

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
Remote viewing (RV) is the practice of seeking impressions about a distant or unseen target using paranormal means, in particular, extra-sensory perception (ESP) or sensing with mind. Scientific studies have been conducted, and although some earlier, less sophisticated experiments produced positive results, none of the newer experiments concluded with such results when under properly controlled conditions. The scientific community rejects remote viewing due to the absence of an evidence base, the lack of a theory which would explain remote viewing, and the lack of experimental techniques which can provide reliably positive results.[1] It is also considered a pseudoscience.[2]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_viewing

Can anyone think of any TV shows or movies about Remote Viewing, besides Men Who Stare At Goats, that really took Remote Viewing to a different level and I guess Minority Report was kind of like remote viewing. I was wondering if anyone thought it might be worth developing into an idea to pitch or a script.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
What about that series John Doe? I thought that had a remote viewing/astral projection element.

Konstantin K

Big League Poster
Aug 25, 2010
Isn't remote viewing what they were doing in Suspect Zero? That movie pretty much sucked though.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
Isn't one of FOX's new shows based on a similar concept- I think it's called The Finder. It's from the producer of Bones. It's about an MP who goes into a coma after an IED explodes and then can find stuff.

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
John Doe was about a guy having all the knowledge in the world in his head. Suspect Zero was based partially on remote viewing. Dead Zone was more paranormal, I thought. I don't know about the finder, I should try and check it out, I know it's the Bones spin-off, but that's about it.

It turns out one of my neighbors dads was involved with the remote viewing projects when he was in the army, he still speaks at those Art Bell/Coast to Coast type conferences on the subject. I'm planning on talking to him, see if I can learn more about it.

I see a show about it in my head I guess more in the military aspects of it and then if there was some real team that went on missions to investigate the predictions. I don't know, just really rough idea right now.

Just a bad weekend, found out one project I was chasing the rights to, found out that a really big company just stole this real life story and changed the tiniest bits to get away with it. So now I'm racking my brain for other new ideas.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
I know who John Doe was but I think as he kept trying to find out what happened to him/who he was, he discovered a psychic conspiracy with some people forced to attempt remote viewing. It might have just been a minor element though.

Sorry about your project.

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
I looked up John Doe, it was more some company trying to do experiments with near death accidents and somehow all the knowledge filling their heads.

No big deal, it was a national story, I just happened to grow up around these guys and had been trying to help them, but they were kind of dragging their feet. There's still a big article coming out by a really well known author about it, so something might be possible with that. It actually forces me to focus on the other projects I'm already in the middle of. I just got the rights to a baseball story that involves a somewhat well known celebrity that no one in the world knows about and I only do because of a random college internship I had almost ten years ago. Has all the makings for a great script, I'll just have to focus on that.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
http://www.episodeguide.us/john-doe/remote-control/episode/242601/summary.html

Description of episode 20: Remote Control

"John figure the camera is short-range and they go outside and identify a truck and open it to find Sam of the NSA (from Ashes to Ashes). Sam denies any involvement with Seneca and tells them Moretti (from Save as John Doe) created Seneca as a facility to help the government creating psychic remote viewers. The government terminated the contract but they believe someone is funding the operation again?someone that could be Phoenix.

They turn down Sam's offer to help and go to the hotel room only to find Michael is missing but has a left a piece of paper with a ?5? on it. At Seneca, the Doctors lock the remote viewers in and prepare to set the place on fire to cover their tracks. John goes in to find Michael and frees the trapped patients but can?t get to Michael in another wing. Sam gets John out and they can only look on as the Institute burns down.

At a secret facility, remote viewers including Michael are being wired up by the Trenchcoat Man and used to monitor John?s activities. The mysterious Stocking Cap looks on as they begin to scan John's life"
I was curious if I was thinking of that show or if I was completely wrong.

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
Your knack at remembering inane facts never ceases to amaze me Liddy.