Rep. Allen West calls Rep Maxine Waters, Rev Al Sharpton Plantation Owners

Owenay

Those who fail to learn from history are doomed...
May 10, 2007
Bizarro World
This is one of the reasons why I LOVE Allen West.

Allen West: I‘m Here to Lead Blacks Off the Democratic Party ’Plantation’
Posted on August 18, 2011 at 9:48am by Billy Hallowell

GOP Rep. Allen West believes that the Democratic Party is akin to a modern-day “plantation.”

In an interview on Wednesday night’s “O’Reilly Factor,” he told guest host Laura Ingraham that he is the “modern-day Harriet Tubman“ and that he wants to lead fellow African Americans away from the the ”21st century plantation.”

West made extremely bold statements throughout the interview, apparently undeterred by any negative response he might receive from the Democratic Party or from fellow African Americans. Commenting on anger that was seen at a Congressional Black Caucus (of which West is the only GOP member) town hall meeting in Detroit this week, he said:

“The people on that plantation are upset because they’ve been disregarded, disrespected and their concerns are not cared about…I’m here as the modern-day Harriet Tubman to kind of lead people on the underground railroad away from that plantation into a sense of sensibility.”
West went on to dismiss some African American leaders as “nothing more than overseers over that plantation” and he stated his belief that white liberals have relied upon people like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton to support Democratic policies. These individuals, he claims, have failed to addresses important matters. West also discussed recent flash mobs (as per the Huffington Post):

The freshman Republican said the fact that black leaders have done nothing in response to the recent spate of flash mobs in U.S. cities is proof of their disconnect from the black community. This summer has been marked by flash mobs in several cities, including Philadelphia and Cleveland, and are thought to be fueled by growing discontent among unemployed urban youth.
He also went on to say that Republicans have not done well drawing black voters into the conservative movement. That said, he explained that there is an opportunity for conservatives to reach African Americans by connecting with them on the issues of “individual responsibility and accountability, faith and family, [and] hard work ethic.”

Watch West’s comments, below (his Harriet Tubman statement is at 2:25):
[video=youtube;eHqQ4tpYLdc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHqQ4tpYLdc[/video]

Here is the long clip of Maxine Waters. Almost as good as the West clip. I particularly love her blatant racism and the black audience yelling at her to start holding Obama accountable.
[video=youtube;25DwMda_v60]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25DwMda_v60[/video]

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
I was with him until this:

This summer has been marked by flash mobs in several cities, including Philadelphia and Cleveland, and are thought to be fueled by growing discontent among unemployed urban youth.
Um, no. It's fueled by being a young person who hasn't been taught any better and thinks gives me dat is his/her right.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
I was with him until this:

Um, no. It's fueled by being a young person who hasn't been taught any better and thinks gives me dat is his/her right.
You could make the case that the whole gibsmudat attitude stems from the fact that bad behavior by blacks is coddled by the left and most of the black community itself.

And yes. Allen West RULES.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Why isn't this guy running for president again? The left imploding under its own racism is something that needs to happen, and soon.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Why isn't this guy running for president again? The left imploding under its own racism is something that needs to happen, and soon.
He'd make a good VP this time around. I'd say he's too inexperienced for POTUS at this point. Same goes for Rubio.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
He'd make a good VP this time around. I'd say he's too inexperienced for POTUS at this point. Same goes for Rubio.
If anyone could wing it, it would be West. Only two really experienced guys up there running so far and they're both pretty flawed.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
If anyone could wing it, it would be West. Only two really experienced guys up there running so far and they're both pretty flawed.
I tend to agree, but I would find it hard to vote for someone with little experience after using that same reason to trash Obama. However, I'd take him over most other potential candidates despite the lack of experience. The one thing I do know about Alan West is that he's a smart, smart man.

Owenay

Those who fail to learn from history are doomed...
May 10, 2007
Bizarro World
The one thing I do know about Alan West is that he's a smart, smart man.
And a man of principle who's completely unafraid of telling it like it is. We need that kind of honesty in our next president.