Rep Jackson Lee: Debt Ceiling An Issue Because Obama's Black

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
Yep...the ol' race card rears it's ugly head again.

Jackson Lee: Congress Complicating Debt Ceiling Because Obama Is Black

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas) on Friday strongly suggested that members of Congress are making it difficult for President Obama to raise the debt ceiling because of his race.
"I do not understand what I think is the maligning and maliciousness [toward] this president,” said Jackson Lee, a member of the Congressional Black Caucus. “Why is he different? And in my community, that is the question that we raise. In the minority community that is question that is being raised. Why is this president being treated so disrespectfully? Why has the debt limit been raised 60 times? Why did the leader of the Senate continually talk about his job is to bring the president down to make sure he is unelected?”
Earlier in her speech, Jackson Lee said Obama has been targeted unlike any other president."I am particularly sensitive to the fact that only this president — only this one, only this one — has received the kind of attacks and disagreement and inability to work, only this one," said Jackson Lee from the House floor.
"Read between the lines," she continued. "What is different about this president that should put him in a position that he should not receive the same kind of respectful treatment of when it is necessary to raise the debt limit in order to pay our bills, something required by both statute and the 14th amendment?"
Jackson Lee concluded by saying that she hoped someone would step up and say that what appears obvious to her is not in fact true.
"I hope someone will say that what it appears to be is not in fact accurate," said Lee. "But historically it seems to be nothing more."

Sigh...:arrrh:

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Why is this president being treated so disrespectfully?
As opposed to the previous one?

"I am particularly sensitive to the fact that only this president — only this one, only this one — has received the kind of attacks and disagreement and inability to work, only this one,"
OK, this sentence is so stupid that it doesn't even merit a response.

dumb cunt.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
I had to look up her district, but it's shocking to me that area has a D rep.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
I had to look up her district, but it's shocking to me that area has a D rep.
The 18th congressional district is considered "inner-city" Houston...it actually cuts right through the center of Houston and probably serves the very liberal parts of the city...obviously since she's been serving the district since 1995 and has won overwhelmingly.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
The 18th congressional district is considered "inner-city" Houston...it actually cuts right through the center of Houston and probably serves the very liberal parts of the city...obviously since she's been serving the district since 1995 and has won overwhelmingly.
Oh wow, when I looked it up before it said it was west of Ft Worth. Yeah, that makes perfect sense then.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
Oh wow, when I looked it up before it said it was west of Ft Worth. Yeah, that makes perfect sense then.
It's another thing about districts that I fuckin hate. It's a game of territory. The GOP is trying to pull this same shit here in NC with their redistricting...they're stretching and "hooking" districts to give them their party the advantage. It's such bullshit. There is no reason why the 18th congressional district in Texas should look like this:

It's a fuckin lobster claw. And I hear other parts of the country are worse.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
It's another thing about districts that I fuckin hate. It's a game of territory. The GOP is trying to pull this same shit here in NC with their redistricting...they're stretching and "hooking" districts to give them their party the advantage. It's such bullshit. There is no reason why the 18th congressional district in Texas should look like this:

Yeah, that's nuts. The big hole is a very R area. My father-in-law used to live there and he's an oil exec, and his oil company was there. The SW corner where it's cut out is also a rich little R area as well.

Hate & Discontent

Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?
Aug 22, 2005

It's called Gerrymandering.

Von Maestro

Mar 12, 2010
You mean the white one that Republicans had no problems raising the debt ceiling for 4 times? :action-sm
As opposed to the current one who voted against raising the debt ceiling when he had the vote? :action-sm

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
She's right. Racism is getting in the way of government functioning properly.

The only answer is obviously to never again elect a black man to the office.

CousinDave

Dec 11, 2007
Ohio

Yea but they were forced to purposely gerrymander those districts to guarantee a darkie would win so there would be an increase in the number of blacks elected to Congress - but it turns out it backfired on the Dems, it took a lot of Dems out of competitive and safe Dem districts and made them safe Rep districts, so for like everyone of those guaranteed dark districts it made 3 safe Republican districts. Sometimes its good when you give them something. Its like if they ever got reparations, a lot of white people who quickly open up rim shops and buy KFC franchies.

jules

uppity taxpayer
Jul 24, 2005
south jersey
typical ******. thats all i can say about this pathetic woman.
stop acting like one, so we can FINALLY retire this ugly word.

Fustercluck

Jul 25, 2005
FEMA Region 9
Another black elected official being a black person. Nothing they like more then supporting negative stereotypes upon their species.

TheDrip

I'm bi-winning.
Jan 9, 2006
Fuck you Abraham Lincoln. Worst president ever.

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
May 21, 2005
Hell,California
she raised cain when Bush wanted to raise the limit

Obamma did too

that makes them racists according to her

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
This was the same opportunist pig that had one of her staffers hold up a picture of a dying old woman at a hospital during the talk of repealing Obamacare...and Cavuto ended up embarrassing her.

[yt]VFs8_cNb6cM[/yt]