Rep. Jim McDermott (D-Wa) Says Terrorism Awareness Ad Encourages Racial And Religious Profiling

HandPanzer

O Tempora O Mores!
May 30, 2013
Rep. Jim McDermott (D-Wa) penned a letter to F.B.I. Director Robert Mueller asking them to reconsider their terrorism awareness ad because it encourages racial and religious profiling.

Letter

Here is the ad-

Last edited:

the Streif

¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
Donator
Aug 25, 2002
In a hot tub having a snow ball fight.
Rep. Jim McDermott (D-Wa) can go fuck himself. I see not one single white person on that ad. Rep. Jim McDermott (D-Wa) should go pink mist his head.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Middle Easterners, Africans, Russians, Caucasians, Asians, Latinos. What group ISN'T represented in that list?

LineBackerU

There is a good chance I am blocking you.
Donator
Oct 14, 2002
Middle Easterners, Africans, Russians, Caucasians, Asians, Latinos. What group ISN'T represented in that list?
Exactly. The list is pretty inclusive. It even lists a white American, Adam Gadahn.

HandPanzer

O Tempora O Mores!
May 30, 2013
Yes, there are Caucasians, unfortunately their surnames have decidedly Muslim roots. The terrorist certain elements on the Left are pining for are certainly Caucasian, but they must also be American, ultra religious (provided that religion is Christian), and conservative. Unfortunately, none of the men in this ad fit that mold so, naturally, it promotes discrimination.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Yes, there are Caucasians, unfortunately their surnames have decidedly Muslim roots. The terrorist certain elements on the Left are pining for are certainly Caucasian, but they must also be American, ultra religious (provided that religion is Christian), and conservative. Unfortunately, none of the men in this ad fit that mold so, naturally, it promotes discrimination.
If one person like that actually committed a terrorist act, he'd be on the list. Dead center and twice as big as the rest.

jules

uppity taxpayer
Jul 24, 2005
south jersey
Rep. Jim McDermott (D-Wa) penned a letter to F.B.I. Director Robert Mueller asking them to reconsider their terrorism awareness ad because it encourages racial and religious profiling.

Letter

Here is the ad-

yea, lets not show the faces of people who actually are terrorists
we really are doomed in this fucking country.

LineBackerU

There is a good chance I am blocking you.
Donator
Oct 14, 2002
How about we come to a middle ground and do what the MSM tried to do with the Boston bombers, claim they are, "Tea Party" Muslims?

HandPanzer

O Tempora O Mores!
May 30, 2013
How about we come to a middle ground and do what the MSM tried to do with the Boston bombers, claim they are, "Tea Party" Muslims?
How about TEA PARTY muslims

HandPanzer

O Tempora O Mores!
May 30, 2013
Which face on the card do I have to get punched to get the $25M? Would suck to hunt one of these guys down and not even be worth $1M.
Ayman al-Zawahiri (not pictured) is going to be the terrorist worth $25 million. The largest bounty for the pictured men is Ahmed Abdi Aw-Mohamed at $7 million.

Link for the complete list.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
The retards won.

'Faces of Global Terrorism' bus ads being pulled
By KOMO Staff & news services Published: Jun 25, 2013 at 5:48 PM PDT

SEATTLE (AP) - The FBI says it's pulling some advertisements off buses in the Seattle area, after some people complained that they stereotyped Muslims.

The ads, which began running this month in connection with a State Department program, features pictures of 16 men wanted around the globe for terrorist activities below the words: "Faces of Global Terrorism."

Among those criticizing the ads was U.S. Rep. Jim McDermott of Seattle, who suggested they gave the impression that "terrorism only comes from one religion or one color of people," and said the ads might increase the risk of hate crimes against Middle Eastern, South Asian and Muslim Americans.

"You're pointing a finger at a group of people, profiling them," McDermott said last week. "I don't think that's fair and I don't think its good for our society. It doesn't make us safer."

McDermott sent a letter to the Federal Bureau of Investigation Director
Robert Mueller, expressing concern over the ad campaign.

Some Seattle residents agreed with McDermott that the ads went too far.

"It's a good concept, but the way they have it displayed, or to display that concept--(that's) not a good way to do it," said Todd Helmarson.

Seattle FBI Special Agent Fred Gutt says the agency agrees that the ads could be taken that way. The FBI is working swap out those ads with others promoting the State Department's "Rewards for Justice" program.
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Faces-of-Global-Terrorism-bus-ads-being-pulled--213052371.html