OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Republican Candidate Endorses Death Penalty for "Rebellious" Children

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Hack Hawk Down, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Hack Hawk Down

Charlie Fuqua, Arkansas Republican Legislative Candidate, Endorses Death Penalty For Rebellious Children In Book

Charlie Fuqua, the Republican candidate for the Arkansas House of Representatives who called for expelling Muslims from the United States in his book, also wrote in support for instituting the death penalty for "rebellious children."

In "who is anti-abortion, points out that the course of action involved in sentencing a child to death is described in the Bible and would involve judicial approval. While it is unlikely that many parents would seek to have their children killed by the government, Fuqua wrote, such power would serve as a way to stop rebellious children.

According to the Arkansas Times, Fuqua wrote:

The maintenance of civil order in society rests on the foundation of family discipline. Therefore, a child who disrespects his parents must be permanently removed from society in a way that gives an example to all other children of the importance of respect for parents. The death penalty for rebellious children is not something to be taken lightly. The guidelines for administering the death penalty to rebellious children are given in Deut 21:18-21:

This passage does not give parents blanket authority to kill their children. They must follow the proper procedure in order to have the death penalty executed against their children. I cannot think of one instance in the Scripture where parents had their child put to death. Why is this so? Other than the love Christ has for us, there is no greater love then [sic] that of a parent for their child. The last people who would want to see a child put to death would be the parents of the child. Even so, the Scrpture [sic] provides a safe guard to protect children from parents who would wrongly exercise the death penalty against them. Parents are required to bring their children to the gate of the city. The gate of the city was the place where the elders of the city met and made judicial pronouncements. In other words, the parents were required to take their children to a court of law and lay out their case before the proper judicial authority, and let the judicial authority determine if the child should be put to death. I know of many cases of rebellious children, however, I cannot think of one case where I believe that a parent had given up on their child to the point that they would have taken their child to a court of law and asked the court to rule that the child be put to death. Even though this procedure would rarely be used, if it were the law of land, it would give parents authority. Children would know that their parents had authority and it would be a tremendous incentive for children to give proper respect to their parents.

2. Psychopath

Psychopath Plata O Plomo

Oh, look. It's the same thread over and over.

3. OccupyWackbag

OccupyWackbag Registered User

What's the problem?

4. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

Thanks for the laugh. Too bad your parents didn't have this option.

5. Atomic Fireball

Atomic Fireball Well-Known Member
    Donator

Hey look - Hacky found a nut running for the Arkansas legislature. Meanwhile the sitting US president wants to turn healthcare into the DMV, raise gas to $10/gallon, and have NASA land the first man on Mecca.

6. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

I wish I had the time to search everywhere for wackjob nobodies running for office.

7. Hack Hawk Down

All you religious right wing Republican nuts are all the same. You and this guy are ideological brethren.

8. Hack Hawk Down

You do. Between screening phone calls and fetching coffee.

9. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

This goes to show what a fucking retard you are.

This just seals the deal. You have no fucking idea what I do or have done.

10. Hack Hawk Down

Sure I do. I'm sure i've heard you. I have a shortwave radio.

11. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

Yeah, you have no fucking idea.

12. CostaTheCrazyGreek

CostaTheCrazyGreek Registered User

Hack Hawk Down vs. Don The Trucker in the octagon. MAKE IT HAPPEN DANA!!!! :p

13. Party Rooster

Party Rooster Unleash The Beast

That's almost as retarded as some of the shit Hack Hawk Down Syndrome posts.

14. Guilty Spark

Guilty Spark It's freeing and refreshing

I'll support whoever will rid the country of blacks and Muslims.

15. Hack Hawk Down

Anyway, I think the issue here is tha the Republican party is full of people who believe in the literal interpretation of the Bible, and that they want to implement those rules.

16. Begbie

Begbie Wackbag Generalissimo

Ok, George Soros Political Spambot.

17. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.

Really? Is that the issue supported by one quote from a state legislature candidate?

18. DanaReevesLungs

DanaReevesLungs I can keep rhythm with no metronome...
    Donator

Well, he does have "Hack" in his screen name. So what are we supposed to get from this guy?

19. Lord Zero

Lord Zero Viciously Silly

Irrelevant to the story.
    That will never work. Mecca's atmosphere is way too unstable for astronauts to safely land there.

20. Hudson

Hudson Supreme Champion!!!!!
    Donator

Not for nothing...to quote Bill Cosby: "I brought you in this world and I'll take you out!" My dad quoted those words to me on at least two occasions when I was an asshat..once was at the business end of a .357.

21. JonBenetRamsey

JonBenetRamsey well shit the bed

HHD went full kirk

22. BIV

BIV I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.

Well, you got Kirk in my HHD!!!!