Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Republicans say U.S. headed toward ‘armed revolution’: Poll

By Cheryl K. Chumley
The Washington Times
May 2, 2013, 06:50AM

A survey of Republicans found nearly half agreed that “an armed revolution in order to protect liberties might be necessary in the next few years.”

The poll, from Farleigh Dickinson University’s Public Mind, surveyed a random sampling of 863 registered voters and had a margin of error of plus-minus 3.4 percentage points.

It found 44 percent of registered Republicans believed an armed rebellion could come in the next few years. But only 18 percent of Democrats and 27 percent of independents agreed.

Moreover, only 24 percent of Republicans believed new gun laws were necessary — compared to 73 percent of Democrats. Bipartisan legislation on gun control is not likely in the coming days, one political science professor at Farleigh Dickinson said, in a press release on the poll.

“If there was a bipartisan moment after Sandy Hook to pass gun control legislation, it’s past,” Dan Cassino said. “Partisan views have strongly reasserted themselves, and there’s no sign that they’ll get any weaker.”

The difference in views is due to partisan differences in beliefs about what guns are for, Mr. Cassino said.
“If you truly believe an armed revolution is possible in the near future, you need weapons, and you’re going to be wary about government efforts to take them away,” Mr. Cassino said.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/inside-politics/2013/may/2/republicans-say-us-headed-toward-armed-revolution-/#ixzz2SH9BdhKZ

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
When does the Civil War draft happen? Will New York Yankees management be in charge of raising the New Union Army?

Konstantin K

Big League Poster
Aug 25, 2010
When does the Civil War draft happen? Will New York Yankees management be in charge of raising the New Union Army?
I hope you're ready, remember what happened to Atlanta last time?

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
I believe if America continues down this track, there will be an armed revolution in the next 100 years.

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
Jan 25, 2007
Canada. Land of the Fat.
They're relocating the Confederacy to Winnipeg?
Keep me out of your hijinks.

That's 3 hours south of me. Seriously, I want zero part in your clusterfuck down there. Wipe your asses with the constitution in favor of better 'security' from the Aye-rabs via S'hin-equa and her left over lunch of chic-fil-a at the TSA desk.

f kane

Known Traffic Menace
Feb 10, 2010
The country only needs a few things to get back on track:

1. Stop the mass immigration and tell Mexico that if Americans can't own land there then Mexicans can't own land here.

2. Repeal every shitty trade agreement from Nafta to the one Obama wants to do called Tafta.

3. Strip the Federal Reserve of its ability to set rates. But if you are against the Federal Reserve then you are a certified, holocaust-denying jew hater according to the media so good luck stopping the Fed from doing anything.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
The country only needs a few things to get back on track:

1. Stop the mass immigration and tell Mexico that if Americans can't own land there then Mexicans can't own land here.

2. Repeal every shitty trade agreement from Nafta to the one Obama wants to to called Tafta.

3. Strip the Federal Reserve of its ability to set rates. But if you are against the Federal Reserve then you are a certified, holocaust-denying jew hater according to the media so good luck stopping the Fed from doing anything.
You forgot #4. Institute a flat tax. Get rid of all deductibles and exemptions.

whiskeyguy

Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
You forgot #4. Institute a flat tax. Get rid of all deductibles and exemptions.
#5. An audit of every government department, with a required 20% cost decrease in each one, to start.

#6. Abolish public unions, or at the very least cap salary/benefits and make it easier to fire union employees.

#7. More literal interpretation of the Constitution.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
#8 Send them all back to Africa

Sorry, wrong thread.

whiskeyguy

Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
Way to go out on a limb there!
What other predictions do you have Dr. Kaku?
I just have little faith in the citizens of this country... I think it's going to have to get a lot worse before an actual revolution takes place. As long as the people have their Playstation 64s and Dr Quinn Medicine Woman and FM radio, they will gladly give away their rights.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Am I supposed to know who Dan Cassino is?

Also, I don't doubt it. The majority of people have been pissed/displeased with Congress for well over 15 years at this point. We've gotten no real leaders who seem capable of genuinely improving anything. The system is broken and most people realize it. Politics is shit. And there seems to be nothing close to change, at least positive change, on the horizon. Small gains might happen, but for the most part, they're more blips than trends. I genuinely think something MAJOR needs to happen before we can start on the path towards improvement because otherwise it's too easy to bury's one head in the sand.

x

caniseeyourtaint

Passive agressive douche
Feb 26, 2004
Ocean County, NJ
Love the misleading headline...as if all Republicans think we're headed for revolution. It should read 'Many voters believe we are headed for armed revolution...though more of them are Republican, but some Democrats and Independents think so too!' And the poll wasn't a survey of Republican voters...it was a survey of registered voters.