OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Republicans vs. Democrats Favorite TV Shows

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Party Rooster, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Party Rooster

Party Rooster Unleash The Beast

Wow, I must be bad. I've only heard of like 4 or 5 of those shows in the Republican entertainment category...

2. Voss's Tumor

Voss's Tumor Banned

So under "Middle of the Road" viewers, The Tonight Show is considered a news show, but for Conservatives, all they ever watch is Fox News even though The Tonight Show was among their top viewed in the other list.

My, it smells so rosie in here it's amazing! Not a hint of bull shit anywhere!

3. Lord Zero

Lord Zero Viciously Silly

The prosecution rests.

4. MayrMeninoCrash

MayrMeninoCrash Liberal Psycopath

How is "Sons of Guns" not number one for Republicans?

And as far as "big fans" of Mythbusters......

5. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.

In other news, America as a whole is watching shit television.

I was surprise the Walking Dead was so low on the conservative list also. They should have stuck it out until the backwoods hick became the best character on the show. Then again, it is pretty communist.

6. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

Wow, independents have shitty taste in pretty much everything.

7. Owenay

Owenay Those who fail to learn from history are doomed...

Same here. Numbers 2, 3, 9, and 13 are the only ones I've ever heard of. And what the hell is Barret-Jackson Auction? For the matter what the hell is SPEED?

Chew on this. Polls continually indicate that roughly 40% of the population identify themselves as conservative, 35% as moderate, and 22% as liberal. Then one would assume that the list of favorite conservative programs should generally be among the higher rated, while the liberals favorite shows should generally be amongst the lowest.

8. LiddyRules

LiddyRules I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy

I guess I side considerably more with the liberals when it comes to TV. MOTRers are sad (and quite possibly all female). If one show only in repeats should make a list, it's Seinfeld.

9. Party Rooster

Where are you seeing that? The Tonight Show is considered "entertainment."

Speed is a network targeted at the male demo, kinda like Spike TV.

I think those polls are flawed for a couple of reasons. First I think a lot of people don't really understand what it means to be conservative. They think it means not dressing in flashing clothes or not putting out on the first date. Second, I think "liberal" has more negative connotations than conservative does, so people are under-reporting that.

10. Lord Zero

That depends on where one lives. "Liberal" is a badge of honor in Berkeley, California but it's a dirty word in Stuffy-McTampon, Kansas.

11. Falldog

Falldog Wackbag's Best Conservative
    Donator

Castle rocks and Hawaii Five-O is complete horseshit.

12. CousinDave

CousinDave Registered User

The only people I know who don't like South Park are a bunch of PC fuckos who would happily let Little Barry anally **** their infant children and grandparents.

13. Voss's Tumor

Voss's Tumor Banned

Booo, I saw The Today Show and my brain clicked in "Tonight". I was distracted, lemme alone.

14. Party Rooster

Careful, I think you stepped in something...:icon_mrgr

15. Voss's Tumor

Voss's Tumor Banned

These polls are still retarded. No one watches Private Practice as their top rated show. No demographics. You could poll Kate Walsh's family and still not get those results.

16. jnoble

jnoble Lingering longer for a longering linger

as far as the late night show go..

both Leno and Letterman are big Hollywood libs (otherwise they probably wouldn't be allowed a network show), but Leno tends to keep his political leanings aside and is always nice to his guests whoever they are while Letterman is notorious for being an arrogant prick to any Republican or conservative who comes on his show. His monologues are always right off the Democrat talking points too. Leno does as well, but throws in digs at Dems here and there.

17. Party Rooster

I'm not really putting a lot of stock in a poll commissioned by Entertainment Weekly, but I thought I smelled bullshit when Masterpiece Theater came in at number three with the libs. Sounds like something you'd say when you're trying to come off as an intellectual.

18. Voss's Tumor

Voss's Tumor Banned

Coincidentally, Bill O'Reilly is about to be on Leno.

19. nikoloslvy

nikoloslvy I wear my sunglasses at night...Anyone want fries?
    Donator

Not everyone likes The ultimate fighter, but i wonder what the numbers are for the UFC.

20. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

There's a reason for that.

21. Norm Stansfield

Norm Stansfield 私は亀が好きだ。

They either picked each show they're gonna look at subjectively, or based one which were the most lopsided. Either way, it invalidates the whole thing, because they used their hypothesis in picking out what data to look at. Big surprise that at the end that hypothesis was confirmed by the data that was chosen because it fit the hypothesis. That's why there are so many obscure shows that are targeted at niche audiences on that list: they fit into the theory that the entertainment industry is divided along political lines. Even though, if you looked at the biggest shows, I bet it wouldn't be all that divided. I'm sure Dems watch crime procedurals too.

They should've used the X number most watched shows in the US as their starting point, and told us who watches them. That would've been an unbiased data set. If you made sure to also mention how lopsided each show actually is, then we'd have something to talk about. As it is, just another propaganda piece. I can't be bothered to figure out whether they are trying to say the Republicans are stupid, or that partisanship is bad, or that extremism is horrible, or whatever other point they think they just proved.

22. Ihateinternmatt

Ihateinternmatt Registered User

That study is bullshit I hate libs and love South Park and Always Sunny. Jersey Shore is fucking retarded though

23. Lord Zero

On top of everything you just said, who gives a shit about which political group watches what? If we were exclusively discussing news shows or something like that, it would be worthy of a study but as it stands currently, this poll carries about as much weight as a study examining which political group prefers which cereal.

24. Party Rooster

Does.Not.Compute. DOES.NOT.COMPUTE!!!

[​IMG]

25. mills

mills I'll give em a state, a state of unconsciousness

Conservatives are still really stupid. South Park in the bottom 10 even though they did a 3-part episode on what cunty dickheads atheists are.

Libs are the hot group to hate, but never forget what braindead faggots conservatives always were and continue to be.