Resistance 2(PS3) early details rock

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
I was just reading the write-up for the next installmentof R:FOM.

Apparently it'll feature multi-class play, 8 player co-op, as well as 2 player coop splitscreen.

The biggie is it'll feature upwards of 60 players in online matches. As well as radomized geography for constantly changing maps.

I'm looking forward to this.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
I am erect for the first time today.

CrisK

Oct 4, 2004
Philadelphia
http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=118632

RESISTANCE 2

I just got my latest GameInformer and its cover feature is Resistance 2!!!!!!

Checking it out now... will update. (didn't see this on first two pages so assumed it hasn't been posted)

EDIT 1: HUGE cooperative game... EIGHT-PLAYER story-driven campaign along side single-player campaign. SIXTY-PLAYER Competitive modes... HUGE United States Landscapes as backdrops.

EDIT 2: "It is, in short, a tour de force for the untapped might of the PlayStation 3"

EDIT 3: Narrative stays with Hale the whole time... not Rachel. Hale shot down in Iceland, escapes to US and becomes part of program called Sentinels...

EDIT 4: Chameleon.. Stalker with total cloaking ability

EDIT 5: Overcoming stigma that boss encounters don't work in FPS games..

EDIT 6: Eight player coop over PSN, two player local

EDIT 7: CLASSES! Unique character with one of three basic templates... tank with heavy weaponry, special ops for distance (bullseye modified with zoom), medic

EDIT 8: Online matching... standard difficulty discarded for scaled challenges for team skill..

EDIT 9: Partially randomized geometry... levels are different with each playthrough

EDIT 10: again... 60 players online. want sense of epic b attle.. dont want fast-furious gameplay to be focus, more focused on squad v squad.

EDIT 11: will log into smaller four-to-eight man lobbies for each squad... encouraging communication and camaraderie, squad will be tasked witha particular objective. careful level design aims to deliver intense combat zones or small team conflicts that flow within arena of larger battle.

EDIT 12: Dedicated gaming community with stat servers for faster matchmaching than any console game of 2007. full-featured profile pages through myresistance.net will incorporate social networking concepts. open clan and party system to encourage community...no player invites needed.

EDIT 13: Aiming to deliver mobile-phone-quality sound.

EDIT 14: Futher tapped power of PS3... more enemies onscreen, better AI, better lighting and shaders (SCREENSHOTS LOOK AMAZING!!!). More comples normal mapping and detail mapping combine to deliver textures that look amazing from afar and at extremely close distances.

EDIT 15: AI getting a lot more attention.. will scaled on-the-fly to players perspective and viewpoint... aka enemies cloesr to the player will actually have more spohisicated AI routines than those further away. assailants in your direct field of view received heightened intelligence. easily more cunning than before

EDIT 16: listened to complaints... working on solution to long checkpoints and health system. not positive what final solution will be.

EDIT 17: "Our time playing was a blast"... each character class contributes in a unique way and "we loved the strategy-laden medic"... unique sense of teamwork

EDIT 18: Mysterious "Cloven"

EDIT 19: "Resistance 2 will be too epic to dismiss as anything but one of the biggest, boldest, and most high-reaching titles of 2008. It's a game that won't be ignored." [END ARTICLE]

RELEASE: FALL 2008

J

Juncti

If they can hit that release schedule that will be an amazing feat by itself. Not to mention that the game looks to be shaping up to be an awesome continuation.

They've released quality games on PS3, doing so frequently, and now upping the quality.

I'm personally looking forward to online co-op. Thought that was sorely missing from part 1. It had online, it had co-op, but it didn't have online co-op. WTF?

So now we have Killzone, MGS4, Resistance 2, and GTA4 coming out. Going to be an insane year for gamers.

Barely Legal

Standing on his head
Feb 9, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Sweet! I loved the first one and the sequel should be even better considering that they were able to take their time with this one instead of being saddled with the PS3's launch title schedule.

sobi

Mar 29, 2005
60 player online play?!

I think I just found a reason to buy another PS3.

Vyce

Light-skinned, with no Negro dialect.
Feb 11, 2006
Washington D.C.
So now we have Killzone, MGS4, Resistance 2, and GTA4 coming out. Going to be an insane year for gamers.
The Killzone people have shot themselves in the foot with this - it WAS scheduled to come out in April, but I was reading around today that it now won't be released until, earliest, September.

Bad for them. That's exactly around the time when Resistance 2 is going to drop (assuming IT doesn't get delayed), as well as Borderlands.

Haze was supposed to come out next week, and I'm hearing now it won't be released until March. I guess I'll know for sure when I get the new weekly ads tomorrow, and see whether it's advertised for release.

This is more of the same PS3 problems. I do think it's a remarkable machine, but all of those rumours of it being hard to program for have to be somewhat true. I'm sick of my high-profile FPS getting pushed back again and again. Get this shit ready and out.

Still, though, 60 at once is fucking insane. It'll be mass confusion.

sobi

Mar 29, 2005
^^^ It'll be mass fun, thats all I know. As of R:FOM, I'm sure you can count on it being released in late november.

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
Resistance is right up there with COD4 for my favorite online FPS. I fucking love FFA as a Chimera in it rollin' around with a shotty. I'm so excited for Resistance 2, and hopefully by the time Resistance 3 comes out, people will realize its vast superiority to Halo.

Beeman99

Mar 14, 2005
sounds cool, but

Breaking: Battlefield 3 Leaked Info

October 9, 2007

A tipster sent us PDF document which looked like an outline of features for Battlefield 3. The three page document is apparently prepared for investors which should get it by December of this year. It details basic features of BF3, and are as listed:

* Release in late 2008