Retarded Tech Support

I called AIWA for tech support on my CD player. They said that I should not use a laser lens cleaner and to use a qtip and alocohol and clean the head... What utter bull! Have u ever gotten some stupid tech help like that before?! :mad:

FOFOLINA

Yes callin Aol tech support and also Verizon Support they are all fuckin stupid

Originally posted by FOFOLINA:
<STRONG>Yes callin Aol tech support and also Verizon Support they are all fuckin stupid</STRONG>
Thats really unfair to judge all of those customer service reps like that. There are good and bad customer service reps everywhere but who is too say that there stupid even if you felt they didnt help you out cause maybe they really did and you just dont understand what it is they told you. There are many factors that i can go on and on about that you should think of when calling a cs hotline.

[ 07-24-2001: Message edited by: imoverherenow ]

Originally posted by Ranma Saotome:
<STRONG>I called AIWA for tech support on my CD player. They said that I should not use a laser lens cleaner and to use a qtip and alocohol and clean the head... What utter bull! Have u ever gotten some stupid tech help like that before?! :mad:</STRONG>
As a former DJ who fixed his own equipment, the tech support guy was right!! q-tip and alcohol is the best way to clean a laser lens. all those "cd cleaner discs" are worthless. on the same note... to clean cassette player heads use q-tip and alcohol.

of course it is easier to just put in one of those cds with the little brush on them , but guess what? It doesnt do a damn thing to clean the lens

when I was a dj I had to completly take my cd players apart every two weeks and use the q-tip and alcohol or risk a CD skipping when I was working.

Radio Shack sells liquid freon, which cleans better than alcohol..and leaves no residue.
I worked sound reinforcement for years, and always used it for cd and cassette decks.

If that's the case, why am I tol d by hundreds of people that Q-tip and alcohol damages the lens... I used a cleander on my PS1 and I had no problems with it.

Ran-Chan,
I'll enclose a link which explains the process, you don't want to use a cleaner that will cloud the plastic on the lens. Freon or isopropyl won't do that. Also Discwasher makes a great lens cleaner.
http://www.roxio.com/en/support/recorders/rcdrmaint.html

[ 07-26-2001: Message edited by: SpotcheckBilly ]

[ 07-26-2001: Message edited by: SpotcheckBilly ]