Reverend Al is staging a rally near me!

moviemogul

Aug 23, 2007
Original Story (NSFW tags for space)

[NSFW]
Calls made to police show that a black teenager was terrified as he tried to get away from the white neighborhood watch volunteer who shot him, and that the volunteer was not defending himself as he has claimed, the teen's family told The Associated Press on Saturday.

Sanford police released eight 911 calls late Friday. The neighborhood watch volunteer, George Zimmerman, tells a dispatcher in the first call that he is following 17-year-old Trayvon Martin. He says Martin is running, but the dispatcher tells him not to follow the teen.

“How can you claim self-defense and you are the aggressor?” Tracy Martin, Trayvon Martin's father, told the AP on Saturday.

Zimmerman had called police to report a suspicious person walking through the gated community. He has said he shot the teen in self-defense. Zimmerman's father said in a letter to the Orlando Sentinel that his son, who is Hispanic, has been cruelly and unfairly portrayed in the media as a racist.

The teen had gone to a convenience store to buy candy and was walking back to his family's home in the neighborhood.

“This guy looks like he is up to no good. He is on drugs or something,” Zimmerman told the dispatcher from his SUV. He added that the black teen had his hand in his waistband and was walking around looking at homes.

“These a-------. They always get away,” Zimmerman said on a 911 call.

He has said he acted in self-defense, but Martin's family said they are now more convinced than ever that Zimmerman should be charged in the shooting. Several of the 911 calls made by neighbors describe some sort of scuffle or fight outside, someone yelling for help and a gunshot.

“(Zimmerman) was chasing him, he was following him, and my son was afraid,” Sybrina Fulton, Trayvon Martin's mother, told the AP. “He didn't know who this stranger was.”

Tracy Martin said the calls paint a stark picture of what were his son's final moments.

“He was yelling for help, and no one could help him. He saw his life being taken away from him,” Tracy Martin said.

The case has been turned over to the State Attorney's Office, which can decide whether to file charges or present evidence to a grand jury.

Trayvon Martin's family said they will continue pushing for charges to be filed against Zimmerman.

“We're hoping this doesn't happen again to another family, and that America opens their eyes … even though this won't bring Trayvon back, we don't want there to be another Trayvon,” Tracy Martin said.

Moments after Zimmerman's first call, dispatchers were bombarded by seven 911 calls from frantic neighbors describing a fight between two men, screaming and then a gunshot.

“There is somebody screaming outside,” one female caller said, as an unknown male voice can be heard crying in the background. Then a shot is heard.

A male caller described a physical altercation between Martin and the shooter.

“I just heard a shot right behind my house,” The caller said. “They're wrestling right behind my porch. The guy is yelling `Help.’ I'm not going outside.”

Earlier Friday, Martin's parents called on the FBI to take over the investigation, saying they no longer trusted the Sanford police department.

Sanford police Sgt. David Morgenstern said the department stands by its investigation but welcomes help from any outside agency. FBI agent David Couvertier said the agency has been in contact with Sanford police and is monitoring the case.

“We are committed to having somebody review this to see if we made a mistake,” said Sanford Mayor Jeff Triplett. “If we made missteps and there is something there, we will act accordingly.”

Several Sanford residents who spoke to The Associated Press Friday said they think there would have been an arrest already if the shooter had been black and the deceased had been white. They said blacks and whites in this city of 53,000 residents were pretty much in agreement that an injustice had been done with no one arrested, and that there was no racial divide in how the case is being perceived. The city is 57 percent white and 30 percent black. It has a median household income of almost $42,000.

“It's just about … to be able to take somebody's life in 2012 and not even go to jail for it, that is just sad. No matter, for any color. Not just black or white. Any color,” Ladonna Williams, 38, who is black, said as she shopped at the Seminole Towne Center shopping mall, more than a mile from where the shooting took place.

In the letter to the Sentinel, Zimmerman's father says his son has received death threats and moved out of his home. George Zimmerman is Hispanic and grew up in a multiracial family, the statement says.

“He would be the last to discriminate for any reason whatsoever …,” the letter says. “The media portrayal of George as a racist could not be further from the truth.”
[/NSFW]

SANFORD — The Rev. Al Sharpton is planning a rally for a black Florida teenager fatally shot by a white neighborhood watch volunteer.

Sharpton will hold the rally Thursday at the First Shiloh Baptist Church in Sanford.

No charges have been filed in the February death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in a gated community near Orlando.

Martin's family has criticized police for not arresting 28-year-old George Zimmerman, who admitted to shooting the teen but said he fired in self-defense.

Zimmerman had called police to report a suspicious person walking through the neighborhood.

The teen had gone to a convenience store for candy. Martin's family says 911 calls show the teen was terrified as he tried to flee Zimmerman.

Zimmerman's father says his son has been unfairly portrayed as a racist.
http://www2.tbo.com/news/breaking-n...ally-for-black-teen-slain-in-sanfo-ar-382362/

In all fairness the Watch person should've just called police. He definitely didn't have his life in danger. Just a nosy nelly trying to provide "justice"

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
So does any story explain why Zimmerman shot the kid? If the kid committed a crime, if the kid had a weapon? Because all I got from the first article is that he's obsessively trailing him around, and next thing you know, there's a scuffle.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
So does any story explain why Zimmerman shot the kid? If the kid committed a crime, if the kid had a weapon? Because all I got from the first article is that he's obsessively trailing him around, and next thing you know, there's a scuffle.
The kid had a bag of candy that he was taking to his younger brother. Zimmerman said he shot the kid in "self defense".

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
I thought we covered this before here but I can't find it
so maybe I just saw it in the paper or on the news.

The kid didn't live there but was visiting relatives. Sounded to me
like the town watch asshat was just over reacting and looking for
a problem that didn't exist.

The cops told him not to follow the kid and he did anyway.
He's been in trouble before so I'm sure he's totally guilty
but fuck reverand al and his race baiting horseshit.
I wouldn't call the guy white.
George Zimmerman is Hispanic and grew up in a multiracial family,

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
ive been half assed following this, first, FUCK reverend al, i hate to say it but i hope the guy gets off, if they prosecute him and win its a huge blow for the castle doctrine, it is a shame but you cant make a perfect omlet with out cracking a few eggs.

the "kid" (17 isnt a kid, physically, maybe mentally) didn't live there, its obvious there was some kind of scuffle, and in my mind that is enough to be in fear of my life.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
if they prosecute him and win its a huge blow for the castle doctrine
Has the castle doctrine been extended to mean an entire community? Like I said, the article doesn't explain what caused the guy to shoot or attack this kid. I don't even know if he entered a house.

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009
Jesus Fucking Christ, enough already. We get it. The Police and the justice system are omniscient, and no one ever gets away with a crime for lack of evidence. Unless the victim is black: then the entire fucking Universe conspires against black people as a whole, to help the jewey sounding latino get away with it.

Meanwhile, this same group of people thinks OJ is innocent, even though the evidence against him was a million times more definitive than anything in this case, and the only reason why he got off was a technicality.

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009
Has the castle doctrine been extended to mean an entire community? Like I said, the article doesn't explain what caused the guy to shoot or attack this kid. I don't even know if he entered a house.
If you're in the street, and some guy is an objective threat to your life, you can shoot him in self defense there as well. Without applying the castle doctrine.

The castle doctrine means that if an intruder is in your home, his mere presence justifies lethal action. He doesn't even have to be threatening in any other way.

In this case, the castle doctrine doesn't apply. If the cops find proof that young Treyvon wasn't a threat to the hispanic gentleman's life, then they can charge him. But they obviously don't have that proof, that's why they're not arresting him. Without that proof, his defense attorney can present a plausible scenario in which he acted in self defense. That's reasonable doubt, and an automatic acquittal. Charging the guy would be a waste of time and money, not to mention a violation of his civil rights.

P.S. So it's more of a right to self defense case in general than a castle doctrine case. But it's just as important to make sure that the cops can only arrest the guy if they have solid evidence. Otherwise, it opens the door on all kinds of intimidation against people acting in self defense.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
its a gated community, in my mind the entire community is the "castle" why else live in one?

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
If you're in the street, and some guy is an objective threat to your life, you can shoot him in self defense there as well. Without applying the castle doctrine.

The castle doctrine means that if an intruder is in your home, his mere presence justifies lethal action. He doesn't even have to be threatening in any other way.

In this case, the castle doctrine doesn't apply.
That was my point.

Motor Head

HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL
Jan 23, 2006
Land of hicks and rubes.
Triggy McTrigger Finger should have let the police handle it. It seems like every neighborhood watch has a "Dirty Harry" in it. As far as Reverend Al being involved, well of course. It's a gated community, meaning this Zimmerman guy is wealthy. It would be nice to know if a weapon was actually found. My best guess is that the shithead on neighborhood watch tried to apprehend this kid, the kid got scared because a stranger is fucking with him and for all he knows the guy is a creep. If I was 17 and some shithead came at me trying to grab me I'm going to scuffle to get away, probably through a couple fists.

If this kid was unarmed, the fucking guy murdered him.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
This story is going crazy. It's essentially the flash mob mentality for the new age of racial activism.

The facts of the case are fairly simple but confused due to the race angle.

The youth went out that night to get some skittles and a drink. Zimmerman saw him on his way back home walking slowly down the street and thought it suspicious enough to call the police. The 911 operator does the usual and advises him not to follow Martin. Zimmerman hangs up the phone and confronts Martin. During the confrontation, they fight. At one point Martin did pin down Zimmerman and punch him in the face. However Zimmerman eventually pulled his gun out and shot Martin who then cried out for help.

This isn't a great miscarriage of justice as Al is pushing it. It's race hustling as usual. It's a tragedy that it happened and Zimmerman probably did commit manslaughter but it takes weeks for cases like this to get traction. Especially when there's no witnesses to the entire event.

kidconnor

55gallon hog
Mar 16, 2005
brooklyn
From what I gather, from different stories, this guy is like a neighborhood watch. Don't know if there is a name attached to it or he just does it. Anyway he sees the kid and calls 911. 911 tells him to not leave the car and the police are coming. Kid must have made a turn or went somewhere he couldn't follow in the car so he gets out.

At this point either the kid goes up to him or he goes up to the kid. A scuffle broke out. When the guy pulled his weapon out.. I have no idea. But he says the kid was on top of him when he did. He had grass stains on his shirt, a bloody nose, and blood on the back of his head.

from what i read the kid was laying in a backyard or an alley. Did the kid start to run when he saw the gun? Did he start to run after and the guy pulled because he couldn't catch him? There is a tape of someone screaming help then a gunshot and silence.

This is my guess, no facts involved just a guess. Guy sees kid walking calls police. Kid sees guy following him and gets annoyed. Guy gets out and kid asked him what the fuck his problem is and who the fuck is he. Guy asks the same thing... who the fuck are you and what are you doing here. Guy wants kid to wait until the police come. Kid says fuck you I aint waiting and guy grabs him. They fight and kid winds up getting the best of it. Guy pulls, kid says oh shit and starts running/screaming help. Guy shoots and thats that.

Gated community, part of the board, or neighborhood watch don't mean shit. Don't stop me when you have no authority do do so. Don't grab or touch me. If you do and you start losing, unless you see a weapon in my hand, you can't shoot.

He got out of the car.. don't start none won't be none.

I keep reading about a "stand your ground" law. Is it seperate from the castle doctrine or does it stem from that?(if anyone know)..

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
In real America, the Stand Your Ground law means you do not have to retreat when faced with an evil doer.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Yeah new job and no free time anymore. So back to the important stuff. Can I shoot hooligans or even rabble rousers if they're are all up in my shit?
Just threaten them to up and up boxing matches. No need for useless weapon violence

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
Yeah new job and no free time anymore. So back to the important stuff. Can I shoot hooligans or even rabble rousers if they're are all up in my shit?
With true castle doctrine the act of trespassing is enough justification.

In states like California they must pose a real threat and you can only answer with a reasonable escalation of violence for self defense. For example, I couldn't shoot a 90 pound girl with no weapon who was attacking me in my house, but I could shoot a 240 pound guy with a knife.

Motor Head

HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL
Jan 23, 2006
Land of hicks and rubes.
A self-appointed neighborhood watchman who pursued and then shot dead an unarmed 17-year-old boy outside his stepmother's home last month in Sanford, Fla., reportedly wanted to be a police officer and had called 9-1-1 50 times in the last year.

Trayvon Martin, a black high-school junior, was making his way home with a bag of Skittles and a can of iced tea on Feb. 26 when George Zimmerman spotted him, called a non-emergency dispatch number to report Martin looked intoxicated, followed him, and then minutes later after an altercation, shot him.
Link - http://abcnews.go.com/US/neighborho...tin-wanted-cop/story?id=15949879#.T2Z5ohF8Abc

So he is a wannabe cop and self appointed neighborhood watchman. At 28, if he wasn't already a cop he obviously had something wrong with him that kept him off the force. I hate Reverend Al, but it's bullshit that this guy hasn't been charged with something. He tried to grab an innocent kid, and likely started to get his ass beaten for it, then shot the kid after he started to lose the fight and was afraid of an ass beating or got enraged and shot the kid. Either way, he should be charged with a crime.

mills

I'll give em a state, a state of unconsciousness
Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom
This story is going crazy.
Didn't see it on cnn's front page, which is fine by me.

Give the guy the chair, string him up, whatever. Just don't bother me with Sharpton's dumb face.

tatsu

Nov 17, 2006
This story is awful... Zimmerman, 28, was following Trevon, 17. The kid was 'slowly walking in the rain, with a hoodie on'. The HORROR!!!! Fuckin' asshole this guy is. The kid probably thought the guy was some sort of pedo and he RAN! If some Stubbly guy was following me around I'd of done the same thing.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
They never said what happened to Candy. Did he rape her or what?