Rick Shapiro

nimsu

The Duck Goes Quack
Nov 14, 2004
Listening to the show from yesterday with Rick and Louis CK. I usually like when they have comics on (although i do have some issues with Patrice)... Any way listening to Rick it really sounds like he might be slow or something. Seems like Louis was helping him out during the show in almost a big brother way.

Holy crap.. Big typo in the subject line. I meant Rick Shapiro.

Hoffman

Guess who's back? Hoffman's back
Sep 28, 2006
Northern VA
Retarded I don't think so. I think his years of drug use though are quite a distinct possibility.

Oct 8, 2003
Chicago, IL
Listening to the show from yesterday with Rick and Louis CK. I usually like when they have comics on (although i do have some issues with Patrice)... Any way listening to Rick it really sounds like he might be slow or something. Seems like Louis was helping him out during the show in almost a big brother way.

Holy crap.. Big typo in the subject line. I meant Rick Shapiro.

Rick is not a retard, He just stutters like one.:icon_mrgr

Redding

Why can't us?
Mar 20, 2005
Bristol, PA
retarded....drugged...does it matter the fucker is funny!

Freese

Ramone and Frunkis-Since '83
Oct 1, 2006
Ottawa, Canada
Is Rick's voice thing a bit? Every once in a while it sounds like he slips and uses his normie voice. Inquiring minds want to know.

abudabit

New Wackbag
Oct 10, 2004
If you see clips of his act he seems a bit more coherent, I think that was another Phil from Pantera interview.

iSpeakEloquent

HENRIK LUUUUUUUUUUUNDQVIST
Sep 3, 2004
Smithtown, NY
i think when he's not on stage he has some kind of nervousness to him. If you ever see otto & george's dvd, otto is the same way. You can see a nervousness and uncomforableness in his eyes when he's on the radio. That look and feeling isn't there when they are on stage. On stage is where they are comfortable

blakesnake00

The name is Snake.
Jun 5, 2005
peoria Il
I remember the last interview very well,and he didnt studder at all ,I wonder about additics (cause I am one) that are in the bussiness.They have to feel like shit about themselves when they dont work,which im sure is alot.They get big checks and dont have shit to do,I dont recall hearing about anything he was working on so that might be a reason for sounding fucked up cause he was fucked up.I still like the guy alot and cant believe LL didnt get him a ton of work,hes fuckin funnier than shit and has a genuine quality about him.

BuffaloTom

Oct 21, 2004
All I know is I kept thinking he was staying stuff that was going to get the boys in trouble.

Redelta 88

Freeplay Convert
Dec 2, 2005
Ontariario
Sir, Patrice can do no wrong. Whatever issues you have, they are 100% wrong
Rick was great. I don't think morning's are the easiest time for comedians. On another note, Patrice is a funny bastard.

predators1998

Mar 13, 2006
Tennessee
They get big checks

The reality is that unless they headline the larger clubs i.e. Carolines, Zanies, Improv, etc., they don't necessarily make the big checks. Rick is not on a level where he makes alot of money. I think it's great that a guy like Louis sees the talent he has, and is trying to help him out.
The speech sounds alot like long-term dur addiction. I have an uncle that did alot of shit for a long time, and that is exactly the way he sounds if he's at all nervous.

pike

You will be molested
Aug 8, 2004
Cleveland, OH
Honestly I think Tippy Tom is easier on the ears than this guy. I always hated when he showed up in an episode of Lucky Louie. I realize him and C.K. are friends and all, but I think his act is just kind of schticky and gets old after about 5 minutes. I couldn't imagine a 2 hour long set. :arrrh:

nimsu

The Duck Goes Quack
Nov 14, 2004
Honestly I think Tippy Tom is easier on the ears than this guy. I always hated when he showed up in an episode of Lucky Louie. I realize him and C.K. are friends and all, but I think his act is just kind of schticky and gets old after about 5 minutes. I couldn't imagine a 2 hour long set. :arrrh:
My thoughts exactly. I just don't think he's very funny. IT was pretty good when Opie started saying "and sometimes" when he was talking

fatpat

The Best Of NYC Comedy
May 25, 2003
Rick is on all types of anti depression pills and that causes his stutter

Redding

Why can't us?
Mar 20, 2005
Bristol, PA
I still think the guy has line of the year

When talking about being a male prostitute

"Just get off me i will do it myself.......Your worse then my wife"