Ripping TV Shows to Divx/Xvid Question

Stryker412

Feb 8, 2006
Ocean County, NJ
What program seems to be the easiest to do this? I have Fair Use Wizard but the quality didn't seem to be that good. I want to rip some of my shows to use in conjunction with MCE and the My Movies plugin. I started messing around with AutoGK. If anyone uses this, what's the best settings for a TV show? I wanted to retain the 5.1 audio but keep file sizes small which may not be possible.

Stryker412

Feb 8, 2006
Ocean County, NJ
Thanks for that guide but if I use that it'll look like complete ass on a 42" HDTV. That guide is for the small screen. I appreciate it though.

Jun 30, 2005
outsiddah Boston
IDK what the current show rippers are using, but the divx tv shows you find accidentally online look pretty good on my hdtv...Using my oppo that plays divx files. They look 80% hd...that is the best way i can describe it...way better than sdtv. If you are talking about tv shows that you recorded odds are you can find the divx rip online ( i could help)..if it is your own personal stuff though IDK what is best..I have a program at home that I use for home movies but IDK what tv stuff would look like

Stryker412

Feb 8, 2006
Ocean County, NJ
Yeah I'm trying to rip my own TV DVDs so that I can make my own "On Demand" service if you will. There's a program called MyMovies for Media Center that works great. I usually rip my Movies to mpg since it's only one movie but with TV shows since there's roughly 22hrs per season I'm trying to get it into a smaller file size without losing too much picture quality. I agree about the ones online, I'd like to know how they do it too. Some of the ones I've seen at 350MB looked amazing.

Here's a picture of MyMovies:

Plunkies

Jun 28, 2006
IDK what the current show rippers are using, but the divx tv shows you find accidentally online look pretty good on my hdtv...Using my oppo that plays divx files. They look 80% hd...that is the best way i can describe it...way better than sdtv. If you are talking about tv shows that you recorded odds are you can find the divx rip online ( i could help)..if it is your own personal stuff though IDK what is best..I have a program at home that I use for home movies but IDK what tv stuff would look like
What he said. I don't even watch TV anymore. Obsolete contraption...