Rival campers who opened fire turn out to be sheriff's deputies

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
This goes along with another thread, but these guys actually pulled the triggers.

http://www.wackbag.com/threads/stat...-cops-profanity-laced-argument-ensues.153077/

Rival campers who opened fire turn out to be sheriff's deputies
Feuding L.A. County deputies, both off duty at Prado Regional Park, apparently didn't know they were colleagues.
  • By Robert Faturechi
    August 26, 2013, 10:42 p.m.

An apparent booze-fueled dispute over loud music between two groups at a Chino campground over the weekend escalated to the point where men from both sides drew guns and opened fire.

No one was hurt, but the two alleged gunmen have plenty to explain.

It turns out that the rival gun-toting campers were both Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies.

Authorities suspect the off-duty cops learned they were colleagues only after their campground showdown.

Chino police officers were called to Prado Regional Park early Sunday morning. They arrested the deputies — Dejay Barber, 44, and Matthew Rincon, 24 — on suspicion of negligent discharge of a firearm.

Chino police Lt. Wes Simmons, when asked if he'd ever come across a similar scene, couldn't stifle a chuckle: "That's not fair for you to ask me that," he said, before acknowledging that he hadn't.

Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore said both deputies have been relieved of duty with pay. He said the men brandished their guns in a "threatening manner."

They did not fire at each other, he said, but into the air.

"Alcohol is suspected," Whitmore said. "This is gross negligence."

It's unclear if there were other campers nearby when the off-duty deputies began shooting. Multiple rounds were fired.

"I don't know how many, but more than one," Whitmore said.

This isn't the first time in recent years that violence has broken out between deputies from the agency.

In 2009, a sergeant was accused of pointing a gun at the head of a fellow sergeant inside the Compton sheriff's station and mouthing, "I'm gonna kill you."

In 2010, a group of jail deputies brawled with two of their colleagues at a department Christmas party. At one point, a female deputy was punched in the face.

And last year, a deputy was accused of kicking another deputy in the groin without provocation. That came after she had been arrested the year before over suspicion of assaulting fellow deputies during an early-morning brawl at a La Mirada park where she and two colleagues were found bloodied and apparently drunk.

Whitmore said the department is taking the latest incident seriously.

One of the deputies works in the county courts, Whitmore said, and the other in the department's transit services division. The criminal investigation will be handled by the Chino police.

No press release was issued about the campground gunfire. The Times learned of the incident through a source.
http://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-sheriff-shooting-20130827,0,303511.story

What the hell, throw this old one in for the lulz.

Georgie

Jul 10, 2013
Well its a good thing they are facing the bullshit charge. Can have those "heroes" being treated the same as us vile citizens in the same situation.

You are probably in more danger around an LA cop then a group of thugs.

the Streif

¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
Donator
Aug 25, 2002
In a hot tub having a snow ball fight.
I can think of a host of charges that any regular civilian would face, spend time in jail, and have to pay hefty fines for. These guys will get nothing more than a suspension, with pay too if the police union has any say in it.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
They should be fired and their pensions forfeited.

Jail time would be nice too.

gleet

Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
I read they are on paid leave this morning.

If you get a paid vacation... go camping.

Jun 30, 2005
outsiddah Boston
After 8 years that DEA agent finally lost his lawsuit over that tape being released...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/01/17/agent-loses-appeal-over-accidental-shooting-video/

Agent loses appeal over accidental shooting video
Published January 17, 2012
Associated Press
WASHINGTON – A federal agent who accidentally shot himself while lecturing children on gun safety lost his appeal Tuesday in a lawsuit over release of the video that subjected him to ridicule on the Internet and late-night talk shows.

Lee Paige sued his employer, the Drug Enforcement Administration, after video of the 2004 accident in Florida appeared in the news and went viral on the Internet. The video shows Paige shooting himself in the leg just as he displays his firearm and tells a gathering of about 50 youth and their parents, "I'm the only one in this room professional enough, that I know of, to carry this Glock 40."

Paige claimed in his lawsuit that the DEA's release of the video, taken by a parent attending the demonstration, invaded his privacy and ended his ability to work undercover or give motivational speeches. Paige, a former professional football player who worked at the DEA since 1990, said the release has also resulted in humiliating comments toward him and his family not only on television but at grocery stores and restaurants.

Siding with the DEA in December 2010, a U.S. District court judge ruled that Paige had provided no evidence of who made the video public. On Tuesday, a three-judge appeals court panel upheld that ruling and found that the video contained no private facts because the accidental discharge occurred in an Orlando community center at an event open to the public.

But the appellate judges found that even though Paige's privacy rights weren't violated, the DEA's handling of the video as part of its internal investigation into the shooting "is far from a model of agency treatment of private data."

"The widespread circulation of the accidental discharge video demonstrates the need for every federal agency to safeguard video records with extreme diligence in this Internet age of iPhones and YouTube with their instantaneous and universal reach," the judges wrote.

The video shows that after Paige shot himself, he tried to continue his presentation to the Orlando Youth Minority Golf Association. "See how that accident happened?" he told the audience. "It can happen to you, and you can be blown away. So guys, never play with guns."

Limping, he started to bring out another gun to show but the audience protested. He tried to assure them the second weapon was unloaded — as he had claimed when he brought out the Glock — but ended the presentation when the crowd continued to object.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/01/1...over-accidental-shooting-video/#ixzz2deOUwFfV

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
May 21, 2005
Hell,California
these are the guys who the anti gun nazis want to be the only ones to have weapons

we need protection from them

gleet

Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
The video shows that after Paige shot himself, he tried to continue his presentation to the Orlando Youth Minority Golf Association. "See how that accident happened?" he told the audience. "It can happen to you, and you can be blown away. So guys, never play with guns."

Limping, he started to bring out another gun to show but the audience protested. He tried to assure them the second weapon was unloaded — as he had claimed when he brought out the Glock — but ended the presentation when the crowd continued to object.
:haha7::haha7::haha7::haha7::haha7:

No, you've taught us well. Take joy in our new-found knowledge and let's call it a day. Please, you've done enough for us.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Paige, a former professional football player who worked at the DEA since 1990, said the release has also resulted in humiliating comments toward him and his family not only on television but at grocery stores and restaurants.
Snitches get stitches, yo...

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
If not being a boot-boy, puppet, thug for the ruling elite makes me little people. I'm little as they come.
i always tell them " keep your friends close, your enemy's closer"