Robert Kelly@Punchline(Sacramento, CA) March 26 through 30

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
May 21, 2005
Hell,California
just for the fact I could not make it to the Louie CK show in sac a while back, I will not go to see bawbby

JamesDamit

Spawn of satan
Nov 25, 2004
2869.02 miles from the Stienway Bldg
just for the fact I could not make it to the Louie CK show in sac a while back, I will not go to see bawbby
I have never seen Bob Kelly live. The only stand up I have ever seen of his was on tourgasm, which was very small.
Looking forward to seeing him, and getting one of my PS of him signed.
Norton signed my starbucks card PS of him last night.

weakside

He was stupid. I was lucky. I will visit him soon.
Dec 9, 2004
California
Just came back from the Friday show and he fucking killed! The best comedy show I have seen this year. Nice job Bobby!

JamesDamit

Spawn of satan
Nov 25, 2004
Went to last nights show. Weird vibe, I dunno maybe it was me. The two openers, ehhhhh openers.
Bobby Kelly was great. Made a few references that only ONA fans would get. And boy does he love that fuck word.
Punchline would have made a killing had they did the Bob Kelly drinking game anytime he used the words "Fuck" & "Dude"

TheDrip

I'm bi-winning.
Jan 9, 2006
James, did you go to the early show or late show on Saturday?

weakside

He was stupid. I was lucky. I will visit him soon.
Dec 9, 2004
California
Friday's 8:30 show was pretty packed. Great energy.

JamesDamit

Spawn of satan
Nov 25, 2004
Same here. I was shocked to see it less than packed. Hell, even Vos had a full house.
1st time being at the punchline when I didn't have to share a table with another couple.
The comedians really need to start plugging while they are live on the show for places other then the Tri-state area.
I know Sacto has a huge ONA fan base, but not all of them read the message boards, and a lot of them have MyFi's,Inno's, etc and fast forward through the recorded plugs....I know I do.
Hell I didn't even know Louis C.K. & Bill Burr were at the punchline until after the fact.
And the punchline does a shitty job advertising itself. They only put their schedule in the Sac News & Review......and who reads that piece of shit unless you are a bed wetting liberal,or looking for a whore.

MonkeyTits

Jun 20, 2005
Friday's 8:30 show was pretty packed. Great energy.
It was? I was in line for the 10:30 show and wouldn't have guessed "packed" to describe the place, just with the size of the crowd leaving. It wasn't packed for 10:30. In fact, our spot in line was right near the corner and once we were seated, there was only a handful more people to come in. Something about the Punchline lately - they've been about half-filled for everyone I've seen over the last year. Last packed house was Norton.

Note to asshats running the Punchline: no matter how big a house you have, get the servers to take a drink over before the headliner comes on stage. When my first drink gets to my seat as Bawby is getting to the stage, you're not selling me another one that night.