Rocker Tom Petty Dead at 66

Floyd1977

Registered User
#77
Annnnnnnddd it's drugs

Tom Petty died of an accidental drug overdose

Tom Petty‘s death was due to an accidental drug overdose after he took a variety of pain medications.

An autopsy for the “Free Falling” singer showed that he had taken several medications — including patches for the opioid Fentanyl, his family said in a statement on Friday.

Petty was prescribed the meds due to his emphysema and a fractured hip.

“Despite this painful injury he insisted on keeping his commitment to his fans and he toured for 53 dates with a fractured hip and, as he did, it worsened to a more serious injury,” the family said in a Facebook post.

“On the day he died he was informed his hip had graduated to a full on break and it is our feeling that the pain was simply unbearable and was the cause for his over use of medication.”
 

somnarium

deftones or somefuckin' body
#84
I've been pretty bummed that I took Tom Petty for granted and never saw him live. I always enjoyed a lot of his catalog but never realized that I was actually a real fan.

Though I do find it nostalgic that a rocker can still die of OD instead of an infection from hip surgery or whatever.
 
Top