Rockies seek trademark protection for 'Rocktober'

Redding

Why can't us?
Mar 20, 2005
Bristol, PA
ESPN.com said:
Friday, October 19, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Associated Press

DENVER -- "Rocktober," the new shorthand for the Colorado Rockies' amazing playoff run, is showing up everywhere from newspaper headlines to handmade ballpark signs. But now the team wants a trademark to keep anyone else from selling keepsakes bearing the word.

The Rockies filed applications with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office on Oct. 4 asking for exclusive rights to the name on stuffed animals, Christmas stockings, baby booties, T-shirts, bobble-head dolls and the like.

The filing came two days after Gov. Bill Ritter declared October would be known as "Rocktober" after the Rockies beat the San Diego Padres in 13 innings to win the wild card.

The Rocky Mountain News and The Denver Post both used the word in front-page headlines. It has also shown up in car commercials and department store ads.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Redding

Why can't us?
Mar 20, 2005
Bristol, PA
add it to the list of douchey things the Rockies have done, like having music and promo video for Matt Holliday calling him MVP even though it hasnt been announced yet....Also this is the second time in the franchises history they have made the playoffs and they are acting like they are gonna be there every year

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
add it to the list of douchey things the Rockies have done, like having music and promo video for Matt Holliday calling him MVP even though it hasnt been announced yet....Also this is the second time in the franchises history they have made the playoffs and they are acting like they are gonna be there every year
When you're a baseball team in Colorado you have to do things like this.

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Jul 25, 2005
philly
I think that a few radio stations might have a problem with that

Dec 25, 2005
NJ
Let them tm it.

If I we're writing about the Rockies in the press, I's slam the friggin shit out of them when they eventually lose.

How many 'ck' ending words fit in front of 'tober'??

FAZ8218

Good eeeeeeeevening.
Wackbag Staff
Feb 10, 2006
Oceanside, NY
Radio PD's across the country are pulling their hair out...

norton23

Opie And Anthony Always Win In The End
Dec 1, 2002
TITLE TOWN BABY!!!
how many playoff runs have they have? how long have they been around for? and they wan't to trademark something that they won't ever use again as long as im alive?

CM Mark

The East is Ours!
Apr 13, 2005
Pretty Pretty Unicorn
Or everyone go out and buy some rubber clogs, since it's

-Tober!!!

For those that don't get it, they are called Crocs

Dec 25, 2005
NJ
Arrrgh. Me planted the seed, yet me runs away from the plant.