Rogan's Podcast

ironman25dc

A Smug Cunt Who Loves The Cock
What used to be consistently funny and thought provoking has become neither more often than not.

Recently it seems to have turned into an infomercial for Bitcoin, pot, that guy Aubrey's shady businesses and delusional alternative media people who just come across as complete frauds. Then, there are guests who are actually scammers, frauds and fakes who appear on the podcast and Joe no longer challenges them and often omits facts about these guest's sketchy past.

I still love most episodes that Joe has a comedian on, unless it turns into an infomercial or single fringe topic that Joe's talked about on 300 of the 500 episodes he's done.

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
It's pretty disgusting how Joe took on the role of "skeptical debunker" on his TV show... mocking and calling out the kooks who believe in Bigfoot and shit... but then he turns right around on his podcast, and laps the balls of snake oil salesmen and cranks who are every bit as kooky and fraudulent as the people he slams on his TV show.

Oh, and that Aubrey guy is just the king of the carnies... with his Alpha Brain mind-enhancing nail polish... for men! And Joe is an INVESTOR in that snake oil scam... and he basically turns his show into an infomercial for that crook and his garbage.

For shame, Joe Rogan... for shame.

DanaReevesLungs

I can keep rhythm with no metronome...
Donator
I listened religiously to the first ~50 podcasts Joe did. Then I noticed it wasn't funny or thought provoking. It was just mindless drivel about a subject I couldn't give two fucks about. I might listen if Bill Burr is on, but that's about it.

ironman25dc

It's pretty disgusting how Joe took on the role of "skeptical debunker" on his TV show... mocking and calling out the kooks who believe in Bigfoot and shit... but then he turns right around on his podcast, and laps the balls of snake oil salesmen and cranks who are every bit as kooky and fraudulent as the people he slams on his TV show.

Oh, and that Aubrey guy is just the king of the carnies... with his Alpha Brain mind-enhancing nail polish... for men! And Joe is an INVESTOR in that snake oil scam... and he basically turns his show into an infomercial for that crook and his garbage.

For shame, Joe Rogan... for shame.
The best was a few months ago when Joe had on Brian Dunning (I think) who hosts the Skeptic podcast; Joe failed to mention that the guy was awaiting sentencing after being convicted of fraud. Things like that are really important to disclose to your audience and by failing to share it Joe looks bad by presenting a scam artist as credible and an expert.

The Alpha Brain thing, where the double blind study results revealed that it's nothing more than a placebo was troubling considering how much Joe hyped it. And you're absolutely right, Aubrey is the king of the carnies; he comes across as fake as the Alpha Brain he sells.

I really enjoy Joe and hope he stops with the infomercials and gets back to what made his podcasts great. Don't get me wrong, occasionally the show will be really enjoyable...occasionally

Assholes & Elbows

The Rabbi gets the salary,The Mohel gets the tips
He seems like a narcissist the exact opposite thing he preaches against, he hates to get contradicted on anything. My favorite episode was the one with Andy Dick, because he couldn't get alpha male'd because he didn't give a shit. It used to to a great podcast, but how many does he do a week ffs? Agree with half this thread when they say it's just a kooky informercial now.

ironman25dc

He seems like a narcissist the exact opposite thing he preaches against, he hates to get contradicted on anything. My favorite episode was the one with Andy Dick, because he couldn't get alpha male'd because he didn't give a shit. It used to to a great podcast, but how many does he do a week ffs? Agree with half this thread when they say it's just a kooky informercial now.
It's feast or famine: sometimes one or two a week, other times none for a week or two then four days in a row of new podcasts followed by one the next week. No method to his schedule that I can tell.

Guilty Spark

It's freeing and refreshing
I'll go ahead and agree. I'll only listen if there's a comic on. The Attel episode was pretty good, he doesn't really want to follow Joe down his nonsensical rabbit hole.
And I challenge anyone to listen to a full 3 hour show when he has a UFC fighter on.

Assholes & Elbows

The Rabbi gets the salary,The Mohel gets the tips
The first guy on the podcast hyping that "Bullet proof coffee" gimmick failed to mention he also takes adderal everyday. But then again maybe it is the butter in the coffee that gives him his extra "edge".

ironman25dc

The first guy on the podcast hyping that "Bullet proof coffee" gimmick failed to mention he also takes adderal everyday. But then again maybe it is the butter in the coffee that gives him his extra "edge".
Isn't he the same guy who after his first appearance Rogan learned the guy used steroids and a couple other drugs to lose a ton of weight and transform himself and was selling a bunch of guides on how you too could transform yourself which was total bs and Rogan trashed him when he learned about the steroids and stuff, basically said the guy was a fraud? Then a few months later the guy was not only back but Rogan never mentioned the steroids again and continuously praises the guy and his coffee as the greatest thing ever. That guy?

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
The best was a few months ago when Joe had on Brian Dunning (I think) who hosts the Skeptic podcast; Joe failed to mention that the guy was awaiting sentencing after being convicted of fraud. Things like that are really important to disclose to your audience and by failing to share it Joe looks bad by presenting a scam artist as credible and an expert.

The Alpha Brain thing, where the double blind study results revealed that it's nothing more than a placebo was troubling considering how much Joe hyped it. And you're absolutely right, Aubrey is the king of the carnies; he comes across as fake as the Alpha Brain he sells.

I really enjoy Joe and hope he stops with the infomercials and gets back to what made his podcasts great. Don't get me wrong, occasionally the show will be really enjoyable...occasionally
If ge comes across as fake he isnt the king of carnies. Alex Jones is still the King of Carnies. Long may he reign

ironman25dc

If ge comes across as fake he isnt the king of carnies. Alex Jones is still the King of Carnies. Long may he reign
You're absolutely right, Alex Jones is the king of the carnies; and boy do his rubes eat up whatever he's selling...
Do you think that Jones is a skilled salesman, regardless of product, or are his skills limited to the tin foil hat rubes?

DanaReevesLungs

I can keep rhythm with no metronome...
Donator
Isn't he the same guy who after his first appearance Rogan learned the guy used steroids and a couple other drugs to lose a ton of weight and transform himself and was selling a bunch of guides on how you too could transform yourself which was total bs and Rogan trashed him when he learned about the steroids and stuff, basically said the guy was a fraud? Then a few months later the guy was not only back but Rogan never mentioned the steroids again and continuously praises the guy and his coffee as the greatest thing ever. That guy?
Yep, that's him. He's also the guy that went after some other guys Joe knows who do "Caveman Coffee" and I think that was the last stand and Joe shut him out.

You're absolutely right, Alex Jones is the king of the carnies; and boy do his rubes eat up whatever he's selling...
Do you think that Jones is a skilled salesman, regardless of product, or are his skills limited to the tin foil hat rubes?
Used to hear his non hybrid seeds commercials listening to Coast to Coast AM, he sure made those crisis garden vegetables sound delicious.

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
I dont know because hes never done anything else but I wouldnt be shocked if he could. Hes another Billy Mays. He could sell death to the Grim Reaper and he would buy it with a smile

ironman25dc

I dont know because hes never done anything else but I wouldnt be shocked if he could. Hes another Billy Mays. He could sell death to the Grim Reaper and he would buy it with a smile
I tend to agree. If the viewer was ignorant to all things Alex Jones, I could easily envision him being a very successful pitchman.

Based on his years on the air and increased visibility, I have to believe Jones is making more money than he ever imagined. Am I completely wrong about that?

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
I tend to agree. If the viewer was ignorant to all things Alex Jones, I could easily envision him being a very successful pitchman.

Based on his years on the air and increased visibility, I have to believe Jones is making more money than he ever imagined. Am I completely wrong about that?
He claims he makes low 7 figures but doesnt keep but a few hundred thousand to expand the operation which seems to be true. In my 4 months of listening hes added 4 more reporters, designed several items of clothing, and built a completely new studio for the online tv/broadcast radio show (supposed to be unveiled this week or next week). Ill giving this he cares about his employees and the products he sells are at rock bottom prices (ive done many online price comparisons) and not all the products are snake oil. The water filters are the best ive been able to find on market and he sells them as cheaply the manufacturer will let him. His prices beat amazons. Ill give him this much he doesnt believe in selling shit products. some of the supplements I haven't looked into but the vitamins he sells are legit and again they are top quality at insanely low prices

freddyfox

Joe Rogan Questions Everything. Wow was that show awful. Is it safe to say it's not coming back for a second season? It was a knock-off of Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura but with worse production quality.

"iowaska…"
"Terrence McKenna…"
"stoned ape theory…"
"weed is awesome…"
etc. etc. etc.

I stopped listening months ago.

Also; what I'd love Joe and ALL other mouthy weed users to understand…
Being high might be awesome… Listening to you babble about how great weed is and all of it's benefits is boring as hell.
Stop it. Now.