Rogan's Podcast

blazin

I used to listen to the podcast until Eddie Bravo wanted pizza one day and Joe got real weird about it. He took it WAY too seriously.

Kind of like this....although this animation is hilarous, dude needs to relax sometimes....

I

ironman25dc

A Smug Cunt Who Loves The Cock
Joe Rogan Questions Everything. Wow was that show awful. Is it safe to say it's not coming back for a second season? It was a knock-off of Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura but with worse production quality.
It was embarrassing and I kept giving it a chance, I watched some of every episode based on what Joe said about the show (which was quite different than the finished product).

Conspiracy Theory season one was either good or the subsequent seasons were so absolutely horrible that it made season one look great.

That being said, I like Joe because he put out a lot of podcast episodes that were hilarious, thought provoking and/or enlightening; because of that I'll keep sampling his work and hoping for the best...they're few and far between but when he's good, he's good.

If anyone wants to listen to a great podcast episode, check out Doug Stanhope on this week's Bret Easton Ellis podcast.

ironman25dc

"iowaska…"
"Terrence McKenna…"
"stoned ape theory…"
"weed is awesome…"
etc. etc. etc.

I stopped listening months ago.
All of those things made for interesting content when the podcast first explored them with an expert (who isn't pushing anything more than a book) where Joe's inquisitive about the topic and the questions make for an interesting, informative discussion.

It's when Joe has guy who has been on too many times because the guy is a sponsor and they start off discussing some drug and that continues for the next three hours. And sometimes it sounds like a parody of bad sitcom stoned talk.

I miss the show that inspired the Joe Rogan Experience: Live from the Compound.

What's annoying is that he brings up these topics as if he's never ever mentioned them before. On every show. I had enough.

ironman25dc

What's annoying is that he brings up these topics as if he's never ever mentioned them before. On every show. I had enough.
It's not every show but I know what you mean.

I dare you to post any of this on the sub-Reddit /JoeRogan
:)

Nah. I don't hate joe nor do I wanna start a flame war. I think I just outgrew his podcast.

ironman25dc

Nah. I don't hate joe nor do I wanna start a flame war. I think I just outgrew his podcast.
I don't hate him either, I mentioned the Reddit thing because occasionally I'll check it before listening to an episode to see what was discussed. Those people do not respond well when someone critiques Joe for anything regardless of how legit or trolling the critique may be. It's a scary place. :)

I gave up on his old forum many years ago; now that was truly a scary fucking place. Full of jocks and date rapists, I'm sure.

DiggerNick

Donator
I gave up on his old forum many years ago; now that was truly a scary fucking place. Full of jocks and date rapists, I'm sure.
I got banned for calling Redban a faggot.

No great loss, really.

I admit, I actually did buy a bunch of that Alpha Brain stuff. It made me slightly more alert while I was at work (nothing that a good multivitamin and plenty of water can't do) but I didn't get any of that lucid dreaming.

Mags

A.K.A. Chad
Donator

No great loss, really.

I admit, I actually did buy a bunch of that Alpha Brain stuff. It made me slightly more alert while I was at work (nothing that a good multivitamin and plenty of water can't do) but I didn't get any of that lucid dreaming.
Coffee is proven to raise alertness.

Lucid dreaming? Try Tazodone. Doctors give it out like candy for insomnia.

Foggy

I'm wasting my life here
Donator
Sry, that was unnecessarily harsh.
Not at all.

When it comes to Rogan's podcast, I only really listen when it's a comedian I like or there's a guest who seems interesting. It's a case of quantity over quality, but if you subscribe you can weed (lol get it) out what you don't want.

ironman25dc

No great loss, really.

Clinical studies show that what you experienced taking alpha brain is the placebo effect; you knew what to expect taking it and your mind fooled you into thinking those things occurred.

JonBenetRamsey

well shit the bed
All of those things made for interesting content when the podcast first explored them with an expert (who isn't pushing anything more than a book) where Joe's inquisitive about the topic and the questions make for an interesting, informative discussion.

It's when Joe has guy who has been on too many times because the guy is a sponsor and they start off discussing some drug and that continues for the next three hours. And sometimes it sounds like a parody of bad sitcom stoned talk.

I miss the show that inspired the Joe Rogan Experience: Live from the Compound.
Yeah, I hate Aubrey Marcus too.

KR1288

Reminds me of a certain race obsessed co host of a show this forums based off of.

Reminds me of a certain race obsessed co host of a show this forums based off of.
Yeah, but i have to admit I've been listening lately, and he's been a lot better. The only "rant" I've heard was him revving up when Robert Duvall was in studio.

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
Joe Rogan podcast drinking game.

"Ibogaine"... do a shot.

You won't make it through a single show without dropping dead of alcohol poisoning.

Tiny Tommy

I think we're both wrong... I'm pretty sure he's referring to her:
Honestly, as far as Terry Clifford goes, that's practically a glamour shot.

And to me, I either hate or love Joe's podcast, depending on who's on.

He's an aimless burnout that's about 50/50 on either wearing it out or being fun and insightful.

I don't get Redban. I get that he's played for comedy, but I seldom laugh.

God love him for finding his niche, but I can listen to baked manchildren wax intellectual literally anywhere.

What used to be consistently funny and thought provoking has become neither more often than not.

Recently it seems to have turned into an infomercial for Bitcoin, pot, that guy Aubrey's shady businesses and delusional alternative media people who just come across as complete frauds. Then, there are guests who are actually scammers, frauds and fakes who appear on the podcast and Joe no longer challenges them and often omits facts about these guest's sketchy past.

I still love most episodes that Joe has a comedian on, unless it turns into an infomercial or single fringe topic that Joe's talked about on 300 of the 500 episodes he's done.
i insta skip all non comedian shows. ive been doing that since podcast 100 or so. I do it for time constraints. i cant listen to EVERY single podcast. Seems to work for me i stick w the comics eps and skip all the pseudo science guys +other guys.

i know joe thinks hes A ok all the time with pot but theres times where he gets weird/stupid and i doubt hed get that way if he didnt smoke 247. the fact that he does not just bash alex jones just shows how his brain works on a deficit a lot of times. pots great more people should smoke but at a point you can lend yourself to be a sucker if you're high all the time.

i still listen to about 6 JR podcasts a month+ 8 nerdists+ 2 burr+ 2 smith+ 2 mohr+ plus 15 Ron Bennington. + 2-3 random podcasts a month. i cant listen to every single one so i pick and choose and that keeps me from souring on any show.

Also im only up to podcast 280 something so i cant speak to recent shows.

+ redbans awful. has been since podcast 1. the first like 30 or so podcasts i heard i thought he was some 20 year old idiot Rogan kept around as an intern/go for/tech guy. i was shocked when i found out he was like 38.

lastly i think the show would benefit from being shorter. I mean shows go 3-4 hours. just 2 hours would be better imo.

Last edited:
This describes kevin smith for me lately too. I've put off his podcasts as well. He's either giggling stupidly with Scott mossier or crying about something (not joking) or describing a comic book creator as "doing the Lords work". Yeah.

Tiny Tommy

This describes kevin smith for me lately too. I've put off his podcasts as well. He's either giggling stupidly with Scott mossier or crying about something (not joking) or describing a comic book creator as "doing the Lords work". Yeah.
LOL.

I'm not anti-pot or nothing, but it's dopey. It's a dopey substance.

You could get a highly credentialled neo-physicist with multiple masters degrees lit and they..... would smash Cheeze-its and laugh about nothing and talk their way straight to nowhere.

Sure they're having fun, but it doesn't always translate to good content for the listener.