Rogan's Podcast

DiggerNick

Donator
This describes kevin smith for me lately too. I've put off his podcasts as well. He's either giggling stupidly with Scott mossier or crying about something (not joking) or describing a comic book creator as "doing the Lords work". Yeah.
He's become pretty insufferable since he became a stoner. He even has that pot-head chuckle that they all have. Like Seth Rogan.

The crying thing is especially hard to take. Whether he's talking about hockey or getting sentimental about his dumb kid it's not long before he's blubbing like a bitch.

I did use to like 'Hollywood Babble-On' because he did something he could never really do with Mosier, which is talk about movies. For someone in the movie business I've never known someone less interested in them than Scott Moser.

Assholes & Elbows

The Rabbi gets the salary,The Mohel gets the tips
I listened to the episode with Dan Carlin the other day and there were times when their egos colliding caused some brief but awkward moments, Carlin seemed obsessed with correcting every piece of misinfo that Joe said (which was quite a bit) and an hour into it you could tell Rogan was getting sick of it.

Last edited:

LiddyRules

Johny Charro Card Holder #1
I listened to the episode with Dan Carlin the other day and there were moments when their egos colliding caused some brief but awkward moments, Carlin seemed obsessed with correcting every piece of misinfo that Joe said (which was quite a bit) and an hour into it you could tell Rogan was getting sick of it.
So you're telling me marijuana and magic brain beans weren't what gave us a victory on D-Day?

JonBenetRamsey

well shit the bed
I listened to the episode with Dan Carlin the other day and there were times when their egos colliding caused some brief but awkward moments, Carlin seemed obsessed with correcting every piece of misinfo that Joe said (which was quite a bit) and an hour into it you could tell Rogan was getting sick of it.
Don't listen to the Sam Tripoli one. He bitches at Tripoli for not knowing every fact about what he says and then spouts off shit without knowing a thing. Rogan is a brilliant guy if you're a complete moron.

I like rogan's comedy, but too much of him on his podcasts can be grating. I guess with all of these shows you'll hit a tipping point when the crutches and silly quirks become annoying. After not listening to O&A for so long, it's kind of nice to listen occasionally again. They've gotten a lot of their "energy" back. Or maybe I just needed a break.

ironman25dc

A Smug Cunt Who Loves The Cock
Dan Carlin is a guy with no real credentials or expertise who acts like he's this generation's Noam Chomsky but unlike Professor Chomsky, Carlin is not an intellectual and has an "I'm right, you're dumb" way about him. His history podcast is presented as factual but often fails to be.

The guest I absolutely loathe is David Seaman. I have actually gotten angry listening to him because he's a complete fraud: rambles on about things as if he's an expert but most of what he says is factually inaccurate, even worse is when a topic comes up that he clearly knows nothing about he still yammers on about it in a condescending manner... The absolutely most enraging thing is he's a complete poser: he was first on the podcast when he was running for Congress and was a good guest (he dropped out of the race but kept the money he raised for his campaign), then he shows up as this stoner guy (so desperate for Joe and his crew to love him) and recently he's pushing Bitcoin adamantly. Joe has been having the guy on a lot and never challenges his inaccurate comments (even the most obvious ones.

Foggy

I'm wasting my life here
Donator
This goes to show why O&A are truly unappreciated: try letting anyone else go for 3+ hours per episode and see how long they're tolerable.

Speaking of which, that's why the "most downloaded", "most heard" or "most popular" tag for podcasts is bullshit: I'm subscribed to numerous podcasts, but for certain ones you're lucky if I'm listening to 10% of them and it's usually only because of who the guest is. Someone earlier dared us to listen to Joe interview any MMA guy, and there's NO FUCKING WAY. NONE.

As for the Kevin Smith thing, I think time has simply proven - as sad as it is - that he's a tubby little bitch who only had the balls to whine about Bruce Willis in public, but not to his face. If I was a big, respected star who took pride in his work and had to deal with this no-confidence having tub of shit not knowing exactly what he's doing, I'd act unprofessional on the set, too, because at that point, hey, who gives a shit? Most of Smith's stuff sucks anyway and the humour doesn't age well, and he's not a funny guy himself, unless you consider self-deprecating jokes repeated ad nauseam and made-sure-to-be-politically-correct observations funny. I can't imagine how bad his podcasts are.

ironman25dc

A Smug Cunt Who Loves The Cock
This goes to show why O&A are truly unappreciated: try letting anyone else go for 3+ hours per episode and see how long they're tolerable.

Speaking of which, that's why the "most downloaded", "most heard" or "most popular" tag for podcasts is bullshit: I'm subscribed to numerous podcasts, but for certain ones you're lucky if I'm listening to 10% of them and it's usually only because of who the guest is. Someone earlier dared us to listen to Joe interview any MMA guy, and there's NO FUCKING WAY. NONE.

As for the Kevin Smith thing, I think time has simply proven - as sad as it is - that he's a tubby little bitch who only had the balls to whine about Bruce Willis in public, but not to his face. If I was a big, respected star who took pride in his work and had to deal with this no-confidence having tub of shit not knowing exactly what he's doing, I'd act unprofessional on the set, too, because at that point, hey, who gives a shit? Most of Smith's stuff sucks anyway and the humour doesn't age well, and he's not a funny guy himself, unless you consider self-deprecating jokes repeated ad nauseam and made-sure-to-be-politically-correct observations funny. I can't imagine how bad his podcasts are.
The iTunes rankings are not a true indicator of a podcast's popularity, Android has a substantially larger market share than ios and people who subscribe to, listen to or download a podcast on Android devices are not represented in the iTunes data.

At this point the iTunes rankings are a good indicator of what podcasts most iPhone and iPod users are listening to but nothing more and it doesn't come close to revealing audience size.

Also your comments about O&A are really spot-on and hopefully I'll remember them when I'm tempted to post something negative.

Along those lines, O&A are the only show I make a point to listen to. I subscribe to about ten podcasts and have about that many that I refresh and download when they have a guest on that I like. Even when O&A are having an off day, they're still fine to have on in the background. Other shows just bug me.
I've said it before, but Joe has never said a single thing that has made me laugh. He may be a cool guy to talk to or hang out with, but he is not funny. I can't even recall him attempting a joke. I've heard him attempt whimsy, but but a flat out joke like almost every other comedian does.
I need to stop listening to Hollywood Babble On. It's becoming an hour of literally the same jokes every week with bad karaoke followed by thirty minutes of pop culture news. I don't think it should be a live show. The format would serve better being in a studio where we don't hear Ralph doing the same impressions with the same punchlines. How are his impressions still getting such a response? Who doesn't see the punchline coming a mile away? I'm also annoyed that they charge $25 to get into the show and still have the gall to have two 5 minute ad breaks.

Foggy

I'm wasting my life here
Donator
I've said it before, but Joe has never said a single thing that has made me laugh. He may be a cool guy to talk to or hang out with, but he is not funny. I can't even recall him attempting a joke. I've heard him attempt whimsy, but but a flat out joke like almost every other comedian does.
Joe trying too hard to make the show intellectual every time and not having comedy be the focus is a major flaw. It would work if he studied something of substance in university and worked in some scientific field, but ultimately he's a pot smoking comic who's versed in martial arts and reads the same bullshit any schlub has access to.

Also, Joey Diaz is a funny guy, but he turns into Bob Kelly far too often. "You know what dude, you got your boys, you got Deathsquad, we're doing shows together..." Enough with the maudlin shit, life isn't that great when you look like that.

i found that i tapped out on bill burrs podcast.

i still think bill's stories are hilarious but the 2nd half of the podcast basically where 22 year olds ask bill if they should break up or not wears thin after a while...

I need to stop listening to Hollywood Babble On. It's becoming an hour of literally the same jokes every week with bad karaoke followed by thirty minutes of pop culture news. I don't think it should be a live show. The format would serve better being in a studio where we don't hear Ralph doing the same impressions with the same punchlines. How are his impressions still getting such a response? Who doesn't see the punchline coming a mile away? I'm also annoyed that they charge $25 to get into the show and still have the gall to have two 5 minute ad breaks.
that show is getting WAY too bit heavy,do we need two song suggestions from hacky listeners every week?

also,half the show doesn't need to be shout outs and emails...

Foggy

I'm wasting my life here
Donator
Whoa dude! I know this place gets edgy from time to time, but a black man uttering black slurs? Shoulda put an NSFW tag on that.

Movie sucked, by the way.

EDIT: Just rewatched it, and actually it is funny. He said "Black Friday" and the guy is black. That's some funny shit and I'm sure nobody did that bit on TV before that movie came out. Hehe, BLACK Friday.

Whoa dude! I know this place gets edgy from time to time, but a black man uttering black slurs? Shoulda put an NSFW tag on that.

Movie sucked, by the way.

EDIT: Just rewatched it, and actually it is funny. He said "Black Friday" and the guy is black. That's some funny shit and I'm sure nobody did that bit on TV before that movie came out. Hehe, BLACK Friday.
you're pulling a sam roberts and confusing sarcasm with funny.

your right though,white guys writing slave jokes for black guys=PC TO THE MAX BRO!

Foggy

I'm wasting my life here
Donator
you're pulling a sam roberts and confusing sarcasm with funny.

your right though,white guys writing slave jokes for black guys=PC TO THE MAX BRO!
It's the sarcasm that denigrates the content of your posts, not the humour that may or may not be there.

You pulled a clip and it wasn't funny, edgy, witty, outrageous etc. and nobody would even construe it as mildly offensive in the 21st century. Don't try to act as if any bit of that was a "slave joke", that it was politically incorrect, that it was funny and that it was written by a talented writer. Kevin Smith got lucky and Clerks propelled him to stardom; shitty directors have a few good movies or scenes, just like shitty bands have a good album or song. He fucking blows, so stop defending him.

It's the sarcasm that denigrates the content of your posts, not the humour that may or may not be there.

You pulled a clip and it wasn't funny, edgy, witty, outrageous etc. and nobody would even construe it as mildly offensive in the 21st century. Don't try to act as if any bit of that was a "slave joke", that it was politically incorrect, that it was funny and that it was written by a talented writer. Kevin Smith got lucky and Clerks propelled him to stardom; shitty directors have a few good movies or scenes, just like shitty bands have a good album or song. He fucking blows, so stop defending him.
believe me,it's not there.

referencing amistad is a slave joke by definition,it was a movie about a slave ship...

really,nobody? people got offended about drinking jokes on cinco de mayo. your hate boner is throbbing,i'll let you attend to it.

the pissing contest you randomly started because a video made you emo?

go hang yourself...no seriously.

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Dan Carlin is a guy with no real credentials or expertise who acts like he's this generation's Noam Chomsky but unlike Professor Chomsky, Carlin is not an intellectual and has an "I'm right, you're dumb" way about him. His history podcast is presented as factual but often fails to be.

The guest I absolutely loathe is David Seaman. I have actually gotten angry listening to him because he's a complete fraud: rambles on about things as if he's an expert but most of what he says is factually inaccurate, even worse is when a topic comes up that he clearly knows nothing about he still yammers on about it in a condescending manner... The absolutely most enraging thing is he's a complete poser: he was first on the podcast when he was running for Congress and was a good guest (he dropped out of the race but kept the money he raised for his campaign), then he shows up as this stoner guy (so desperate for Joe and his crew to love him) and recently he's pushing Bitcoin adamantly. Joe has been having the guy on a lot and never challenges his inaccurate comments (even the most obvious ones.
I havent listened to any of the Hardcore History ones that weren't about WWI or WWII so i can't attest to their accuracy but the ones about the world wars are pretty spot on in terms of the facts (I'm a huge WWI & WWII buff. I've pretty much watched, read, listened to everything about them) and I like his take on things.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Donator
I havent listened to any of the Hardcore History ones that weren't about WWI or WWII so i can't attest to their accuracy but the ones about the world wars are pretty spot on in terms of the facts (I'm a huge WWI & WWII buff. I've pretty much watched, read, listened to everything about them) and I like his take on things.
Thanks to @Mags, I wound up checking out Blueprint for Armageddon. I thought he did a great job talking about WWI and I enjoyed hearing his perspective on things. I especially liked hearing some of the eyewitness accounts of the people involved in the conflict.

Mags

A.K.A. Chad
Donator
Thanks to @Mags, I wound up checking out Blueprint for Armageddon. I thought he did a great job talking about WWI and I enjoyed hearing his perspective on things. I especially liked hearing some of the eyewitness accounts of the people involved in the conflict.
Try the audio book CATASTROPHE 1914: EUROPE GOES TO WAR -Max Hastings

That's what I'm on now. Really good. Really long. I've listened to Armageddon 3 times already.