OpieRadio Logo
Anthony Cumia Show Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Rogan's Podcast

Discussion in 'Comedians, Guests & Friends of the Show (Friends)' started by ironman25dc, May 15, 2014.

1. somnarium

somnarium deftones or somefuckin' body

Maybe its because I've heard 3 other podcasts that he's been on lately, but Bert Kreisher gets on my nerves after a while. Everything is "OMG! It was the greatest thing ever!". And he's constantly going into his high-pitched can barely speak because he's laughing so hard voice. Whatever, still beats a non-comic guest.

countryblumpkin likes this.
  2. somnarium

double fuckin post. not my fault.

3. Foggy

Foggy I'm wasting my life here
    Donator

I listened to his appearance on J&S and it was fine, but every other time he's appeared on a podcast or on O&A I just skipped it. He is shit.

somnarium likes this.
  4. DiggerNick

DiggerNick Well-Known Member
    Donator

Whenever Bert is on anything it's literally seconds before he refers to either being hungover or getting wasted.

It's as tiresome as Doug Benson and weed.

Joe did a pretty good interview with James Hetfield last week. Although they spend nearly half an hour talking about bees.

countryblumpkin likes this.
  5. NotSoFast

NotSoFast Registered User

Personally, I could have done without the long bee story, but I am sure that somewhere out there, someone was saying "Yes, it's about fucking time"!

6. MurphCO

MurphCO Well-Known Member
    Donator

I could tell that Joe was pretty nervous talking to Hetfield, weirdly......so allowing him to go on about bees was probably a welcome reprise

7. somnarium

Joe was way too high talking to Ron White. Every now and then he would start going into his "the future is going to be this" rants which is about zero interest to Ron. It was good in spurts but I thought Joe was actually kinda sloppy in this one. Fucked up on JD and weed.

With some guests the "there's this bacteria in your stomach, and there's a theory that it's the bacteria that starts all life" rants work great, Ron White isn't one of them.

NotSoFast likes this.
  8. DiggerNick

DiggerNick Well-Known Member
    Donator

I got the sense that Rogan knew fuck-all about Metallica apart from their radio hits and the fact that they are a huge band.

I knew they would bond over the hunting stuff, but I don't think he really grasped the enormity of actually having James fucking Hetfield for two hours. it's his Obama interview, really.

Foggy and MurphCO like this.
  9. Foggy

Foggy I'm wasting my life here
    Donator

This.

Decent interview... but it's James Fucking Hetfield, the most popular frontman in heavy metal today from one of the biggest bands (of any genre) of our generation. Getting into his personal life is fine, but Joe came off like he didn't know a helluva lot about Metallica.

The best interview he's done in recent memory is the Jordan Peterson one... but it didn't take a great interviewer for that, the topics and the guest was more than enough.

I think Joe's getting a bit lazy.

10. MurphCO

Donator

Well.....maybe, but he really is just a dude talking to people, not a reporter....just saying he doesn't "prepare" for anyone

I feel like Hetfield or his publicist requested the spot, not that Joe asked for him. It came out of nowhere

11. somnarium

Norton was on Rogan's podcast yesterday, listening now. I haven't listened to Jimmy since the end of the O&A show and he has not changed in the least unsurprisingly. I don't know, I didn't get all nostalgic listening to it.

So I moved on to Bill Burr's podcast who never has guests and Norton is on that too.

12. LiddyRules

LiddyRules I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy

He's just fucking, you know, uh, fucking, uh...Making the rounds.

somnarium likes this.
  13. somnarium

I don't know how many times Norton was gonna talk about pussy in three hours of Rogan but I knew I wasn't gonna find out. We get it. You're a pervert. He's so one dimensional.

14. MurphCO

Donator

You didn't miss anything you didn't already know

15. PSU6780

PSU6780 Lives rent free in the heads of people I ignore.

To be fair, he doesn't talk about "Pussy," he talks about MEATY Pussy.

16. somnarium

While I enjoyed the Sober October thing and having a bunch of comedians around in the podcasts, but I'm so fucking done with anything Bert Kreischer. That motherfucker talks about nothing but himself and drinking and how amazing some random experience in his life was every five minutes.

It also wouldn't kill Joe to have a real scientist or doctor on. It seems like every one he has in is into alternative medicine, how about someone with a PhD in Nutrition for once?

17. PSU6780

PSU6780 Lives rent free in the heads of people I ignore.

If he did that he wouldn't be able to continue to sell his snake oil.

18. Jacuzzi Billy

Jacuzzi Billy Watching PTI
    Donator

What does he sell? Besides his comedy?

19. MurphCO

Donator

Ari is the only one I'm not tired of hearing......Segura does a spot on Bert impression though