Rogan's Podcast

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
I listened to the following and believe Rogan is being sincere. I definitely don't buy any of the sponsorship or Soros garbage.

HandPanzer

Lo Efímero
It's My Birthday!
I listened to the following and believe Rogan is being sincere. I definitely don't buy any of the sponsorship or Soros garbage.

Seems like Joe is completely owning up to making a mistake. Can't be mad at the guy for responding honestly to legit criticism.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
I thought Rogan was just a pot talk podcast. Is he someone people take seriously now? Why?

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
I thought Rogan was just a pot talk podcast. Is he someone people take seriously now? Why?
Rogan gets really good guests and typically pushes back on them. His Dorsey interview was shit. Yesterday however his interview with Tim Pool was fantastic.

Pigdango

Donator
Rogan gets really good guests and typically pushes back on them. His Dorsey interview was shit. Yesterday however his interview with Tim Pool was fantastic.
He’s not a journalist though. He’s a stoner comedian who made people eat worms and cow testicles.

MurphCO

Donator
He is supposed to have the twitter monk back soon to go over all the drama

We’ll see if he comes back

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
He’s not a journalist though. He’s a stoner comedian who made people eat worms and cow testicles.
What does being a journalist have to with being a successful interviewer? None of the most successful interviewers are journalists and many of them are far dumber than Rogan.

Pigdango

Donator
What does being a journalist have to with being a successful interviewer? None of the most successful interviewers are journalists and many of them are far dumber than Rogan.
I don’t take Steven Colbert or Jimmy Fallon or Seth Meyers or Trevor Noah or Johnny Carson or David Letterman or Opie or Howard Stern seriously either. They are there to entertain and to put the celebrities at ease to make them relatable to help sell their product. I’m sure Joe Rogan is good at that. But he’s an entertainer first. Why should anyone take him seriously and expect him to grill an interview subject as if he was an investigative reporter?

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
I don’t take Steven Colbert or Jimmy Fallon or Seth Meyers or Trevor Noah or Johnny Carson or David Letterman or Opie or Howard Stern seriously either. They are there to entertain and to put the celebrities at ease to make them relatable to help sell their product. I’m sure Joe Rogan is good at that. But he’s an entertainer first. Why should anyone take him seriously and expect him to grill an interview subject as if he was an investigative reporter?
Really? So if OA was still around and they had Cosby on, you wouldn't be mad if they didn't ask about him graping?

Pigdango

Donator
Really? So if OA was still around and they had Cosby on, you wouldn't be mad if they didn't ask about him graping?
Well im not sure that’s quite the same thing, but if they brought it up and he said what he would have to “I can’t speak about that” and they said “ok cool.”

No I don’t think I would get mad.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Well im not sure that’s quite the same thing, but if they brought it up and he said what he would have to “I can’t speak about that” and they said “ok cool.”

No I don’t think I would get mad.
Fair enough but you could see why someone would, right?

Pigdango

Donator
Fair enough but you could see why someone would, right?
I’m aware that people are silly, so yes. But to me expecting Joe Rogan to ask the hard hitting questions of today is just another sign of how stupid our society has become. Maybe it’s always been that stupid, I don’t know.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
I’m aware that people are silly, so yes. But to me expecting Joe Rogan to ask the hard hitting questions of today is just another sign of how stupid our society has become. Maybe it’s always been that stupid, I don’t know.
I definitely think you are taking it too far in the other to prove some weird point.

Pigdango

Donator
I definitely think you are taking it too far in the other to prove some weird point.
I don’t think it’s weird to wonder why people are taking Rogan’s podcast so seriously or giving him such a hard time for not grilling people while smoking weed with them.

Sorry if you take offense to it, but it’s a very strange standard to hold a guy like Rogan to.

Now what I would question is why Rogan would ever think the Twitter guy would make an entertaining guest. If people were saying it was boring I think I would get that.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
I don’t think it’s weird to wonder why people are taking Rogan’s podcast so seriously or giving him such a hard time for not grilling people while smoking weed with them.

Sorry if you take offense to it, but it’s a very strange standard to hold a guy like Rogan to.

Now what I would question is why Rogan would ever think the Twitter guy would make an entertaining guest. If people were saying it was boring I think I would get that.
I mainly think it's weird that you think someone has to be an investigative journalist to ask pertinent questions. Take me, I know almost nothing about twitter and very little about the banning controversy but I know it's a big deal and even someone with as little knowledge as myself could ask good questions.

It seems people with conservative views are being banned more than liberals, why is that the case?

What is your policy concerning these types of bans?

Do you plan to change your policy so it is more fair?

Also, I find it really weird you don't understand why the twitter co founder billionaire would be an entertaining guest. Even if it's not our cup of tea, it's a big get.

DiggerNick

Donator
So Rogan admits that he is not biased, just woefully ignorant.

ysr50

Donator
I like Rogans podcast mainly because it has interesting people, normally doesn't get political and he's a decent interviewer that isn't a talking head for anyone. In our present media it's hard to find someone doing a show with no apparent bias.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
I like Rogans podcast mainly because it has interesting people, normally doesn't get political and he's a decent interviewer that isn't a talking head for anyone. In our present media it's hard to find someone doing a show with no apparent bias.
I for one don't usually listen to his podcast. I think he tends to have way too many fringe ideas. However, he's involved with new media and it's aware of the stories and controversies being talked about. Why else would he have Tim Pool on his show, Jordan Peterson, Dave Rubin etc. These are all people that arguably are more popular than any cable news channel.

DiggerNick

Donator
Do you think he should pick a side and stick with it?
I think he sometimes plays dumb to appear neutral. There's no way he should be as ill-informed as he is repeatedly proving himself to be.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
I mainly think it's weird that you think someone has to be an investigative journalist to ask pertinent questions.
People used to flip off Stern in the same way back in his day. As goofy as he was, he got great guests and did better, more inciteful interviews with them that nobody else would come close to. Of course there were plenty of “butt stuff?” And “lesbian stuff?” Questions thrown in too.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
People used to flip off Stern in the same way back in his day. As goofy as he was, he got great guests and did better, more inciteful interviews with them that nobody else would come close to. Of course there were plenty of “butt stuff?” And “lesbian stuff?” Questions thrown in too.
I see a lot of people saying he is the best interviewer today.

LiddyRules

I Think I'll Eat An Apple
I don't listen to Rogan, but I know he's become respected as an interviewer. That he regularly has people on for hours at a time shows that he gets deeper than "what's your latest project." And his line up includes people like philosophers and political theorists. Not just MMA Meatheads and comics. Now sure. A lot of his ramblings might be about Joe Rogan's Magic Brain Elixir, but still...

I don't think he should compelled to attack Dorsey on anything, but the fact that enough people wanted/expected him to shows how he's seen as an interviewer.

And I don't get why the idea of him or anyone re-inventing themselves is so far fetched.