Rogan's Podcast

ysr50

Donator
I don't listen to Rogan, but I know he's become respected as an interviewer. That he regularly has people on for hours at a time shows that he gets deeper than "what's your latest project." And his line up includes people like philosophers and political theorists. Not just MMA Meatheads and comics. Now sure. A lot of his ramblings might be about Joe Rogan's Magic Brain Elixir, but still...

I don't think he should compelled to attack Dorsey on anything, but the fact that enough people wanted/expected him to shows how he's seen as an interviewer.

And I don't get why the idea of him or anyone re-inventing themselves is so far fetched.
I like the long conversation form interview. He doesn't seem to try to dominate a conversation, he rarely interrupts (which is refreshing these days), and he seems genuinely curious about whatever his guest is talking about. It's not for everyone, he likes to have hunter/survivalist types on now and then, but I enjoy listening to them as well. I haven't heard him do any kind of commercial in a long time, I watch it on youtube and skip all of the ads, so I have no idea how he's monetizing it. Maybe you should listen to/watch some of the more recent episodes.

DiggerNick

Donator
If Joe claims to be unaware of the Twitter bannings going on then how will he react when he finds about about banks closing conservatives' accounts.

DiggerNick

Donator
Martina Markota aka 'Lady Alchemy' just had her business account shut down, which she was using to crowdfund her comic book. Her career as a burlesque performer and artist in NY was destroyed once she went public with her support for Trump. She does videos for The Rebel media and is engaged to UK conservative commentator Jack Buckby, who can't get a US Visa because he has been flagged by the NSA.

The new leader of Gavin's Proud Boys had his account shut down by Chase.

This is the next logical step. Crowdfunding sites like Patreon have been doing this for ages. Now it seem actual banks are joining in.

ysr50

Donator
Martina Markota aka 'Lady Alchemy' just had her business account shut down, which she was using to crowdfund her comic book. Her career as a burlesque performer and artist in NY was destroyed once she went public with her support for Trump. She does videos for The Rebel media and is engaged to UK conservative commentator Jack Buckby, who can't get a US Visa because he has been flagged by the NSA.

The new leader of Gavin's Proud Boys had his account shut down by Chase.

This is the next logical step. Crowdfunding sites like Patreon have been doing this for ages. Now it seem actual banks are joining in.
The banks will never go after the people that hold the majority of the wealth because they're conservative. Banks can't operate without their clients capital. No clients, no bank. Regardless of what the media would have you believe the majority of the very wealthy people I've ever known are pretty conservative, the Jeff Bezos' and Mark Zuckerbergs' are few and far between.

LiddyRules

I Think I'll Eat An Apple
The banks will never go after the people that hold the majority of the wealth because they're conservative. Banks can't operate without their clients capital. No clients, no bank. Regardless of what the media would have you believe the majority of the very wealthy people I've ever known are pretty conservative, the Jeff Bezos' and Mark Zuckerbergs' are few and far between.
Or that if a bank wanted to take a political stance, it would subject itself to such scrutiny... over a crowd funded comic book artist.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
I started listening to the Gabby Reece episode, mainly to see why he would have her on. It didn't take long to figure out why. I've never seen a more well rounded woman. She's great.

DiggerNick

Donator
I started listening to the Gabby Reece episode, mainly to see why he would have her on. It didn't take long to figure out why. I've never seen a more well rounded woman. She's great.
That nigga is pumping out two episodes a day at this rate. It's ridiculous. How much money does he need?

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
That nigga is pumping out two episodes a day at this rate. It's ridiculous. How much money does he need?
Isn't the podcast at its popularity peak right now? His views are insane. I get that he's trying to capitalize.

MurphCO

Donator
The Kevin Hart episode stunk, I don’t need a Ted talk on positive attitude

MurphCO

Donator
Yeah whenever he has a comedian on I have high hopes of a good hang with some decent shit talk, but am often disappointed

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
Yeah whenever he has a comedian on I have high hopes of a good hang with some decent shit talk, but am often disappointed
Rogan's podcast isn't about humor. I learned that long ago. You gotta be a funny motherfucker to bring humor to that god damn room.

Case in point:

MurphCO

Donator
Bill Burr is good when he’s on, but he is one of the very few people unafraid to go at Joe and make fun of him

I feel like Rogan has little man disease and people can’t go after him because he gets butthurt

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
How many Kevin Hart movies have you seen?
I've seen Jumanji. I thought Hart was pretty good in that, actually.
I've also seen The Five Year Engagement. I don't remember anything about that movie. I didn't even know he was in it.
I saw the American Death at a Funeral, but don't remember him in it.
I guess he had a bit part in 40 year old virgin, but I don't remember it.

I really thought I had seen a bunch of his movies, but I guess I haven't really seen any other than Jumanji.

LiddyRules

I Think I'll Eat An Apple
I've also seen The Five Year Engagement. I don't remember anything about that movie. I didn't even know he was in it.
I have too and I also can't remember anything about it. I can't even remember if the lead was Emily Blunt or Alison Brie, which is weird since I'm more sure about Brie being in it than Blunt. Wasn't Jason Segal the lead? What happened to that dude?

As for Hart leading roles - I haven't seen Jumanji but I've seen
  • The Wedding Ringer
  • Get Hard
  • Night School
I also think I've had Central Intelligence on in the background numerous times but don't think I've watched a moment of it. He doesn't have as many leading roles as I thought he did.