OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Romney Campaign Volunteer Says She Works For Clerk's Office, But Only Registering Romney Voters

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Hack Hawk Down, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Hack Hawk Down

Romney Campaign Volunteer Says She Works For Clerk's Office, But Only Registering Romney Voters (VIDEO)
    A video uploaded to YouTube on Friday depicting a young woman registering voters in El Paso County, Colorado claiming she works for the clerk's office, but is only registering voters who support Mitt Romney has gone viral over the weekend.

The person recording the video exits a Safeway grocery store and a young woman who is registering voters outside the store asks her, "Are you voting for Romney or Obama?"
    The woman recording responds, "Well, wait, I thought you were registering voters a minute ago."
    To which the young woman replies, "I am." The person recording then asks, "Well, who are you registering? All voters?"

"Well, I'm actually trying to register people for a particular party. Because we're out here in support of Romney, actually," the young woman registering voters says.

"And who is paying you for this?" The video recorder asks.

"We're working for the County Clerk's Office," the young woman replies with some hesitation and confusion.

The El Paso County Clerk and Recorder Wayne Williams disavowed the young woman's statements that she was registering voters on behalf of Williams' office. "The statement made in this video is both unfortunate and inaccurate," Williams said in a statement. "My office does not and will not engage in partisan voter registration. It is the duty of the Clerk’s office to ensure that elections are conducted in a fair and honest manner, this includes allowing any one to register to vote regardless of their political party affiliation."

According to 9News, the young woman registering voters outside of the Safeway store was a volunteer for the Romney campaign who has since been spoken to by the campaign about her actions.
    It's unclear if the young woman in the video was only registering Romney voters, but if that were the case, it would be illegal if she were doing so on behalf of the County Clerk's office. It would also be illegal to deny a person registration based on their survey answers, which isn't entirely clear if that would have occurred in the video above either.

The El Paso County Clerk's Office has requested that the video be removed from YouTube because it contains inaccurate information, but the person who uploaded the video has refused to do so.

2. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

3. Hack Hawk Down

You're right. I recorded that at a Whole Foods in Seattle and the girl in it is my neighbour.

Caught red handed.

Never mind the viral video and the fact that it has been reported elsewhere.

4. Psychopath

Psychopath Plata O Plomo

Enough with this asshole.

5. Begbie

Begbie Wackbag Generalissimo

I don't see any "actual" voter fraud, so nothing to see here. :cool:

How'd I do lefties? Did I say it right?

6. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

Seriously. Cue the Alan Keyes meme.

7. Myhairygrundle

Myhairygrundle Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Fucking moron. Like each party does not have voter registration drives. Remember the ACORN debacle in 08? Show someone filling out multiple or fraudulent registrations, or stuffing ballot boxes with fake votes, then we might give a shit. Til then, eat some tofu you flannel faggot.

But I am glad that your stupid football team beat the Cowboys and Packers.

8. Creasy Bear

Creasy Bear gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
    Donator

She's a cutie. I hereby absolve her of whatever wrongdoing is being alleged.

I have spoken.

9. gleet

gleet What's black and white and red all over?

The other side was taped at the graveyard registering voters. Get it? Cuz they're fucking dead. And they fucking still vote. Asshole.

10. DanaReevesLungs

DanaReevesLungs I can keep rhythm with no metronome...
    Donator

This is some Al Sharpton type outrage bullshit. Where's the illegal act in all of this? Oh right, there is none.

Edit to add: And since when does a "viral" video have only 400K views in almost a week's time? Jesus dude, your thread and story fails on multiple levels. Dig deeper bitch.

11. MayrMeninoCrash

MayrMeninoCrash Liberal Psycopath

Sit tight, only a few more weeks before we never have to hear from Romney ever again.

12. Lord Zero

Lord Zero Viciously Silly

If that happens, we'll still have to listen to Barack Obama for another 4 years. Either way, the future's looking pretty bleak.

13. Party Rooster

Party Rooster Unleash The Beast

[​IMG]

14. Hack Hawk Down

Yes but its ILLEGAL for a Romney employee/volunteer to pose as an official from the County Clerk's office. She said the Clerk was paying her. She lied.

15. DanaReevesLungs

DanaReevesLungs I can keep rhythm with no metronome...
    Donator

Fuck. I got OAPC'd.

16. Hudson

Hudson Supreme Champion!!!!!
    Donator

Soooo she's a dummy......?

17. Creasy Bear

Donator

Yeah, but I absolved her... pay attention.

18. MayrMeninoCrash

MayrMeninoCrash Liberal Psycopath

Whenever I see a story about some scandal or corruption within the Romney campaign, I think about what the responses here would be if it was Democrats and Obama. I'm guessing Don and Begbie wouldn't be nearly as reserved or defensive over "isolated incidents" and "overzealous staffers".

19. Creasy Bear

Donator

One dizzy broad outside of a grocery store is "scandal and corruption within the Romney campaign"?

20. BIV

BIV I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.

Aaaaand go.

21. Hudson

Hudson Supreme Champion!!!!!
    Donator

Sooo you are making a big deal out of the fact a dumbo didn't know who she was volunteering for. That's a fucking SCANDAL!!!!!

22. LiddyRules

LiddyRules I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy

Even worse. We'll have to listen to Wackbag talk about Barack Obama for another 4 years.

23. Hack Hawk Down

Umm, if this were a democratic broad it would be front and centre on Drudge everyday.

Remember that lying bitch:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hell anything at all to make Obama look bad is on that site and this lying slut doesn't even get a mention...

[​IMG]

24. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

Because it's a bullshit story.

25. OccupyWackbag

OccupyWackbag Registered User

The conservative Site ignores some dummy at a grocery store. The liberal news ignores blatant lies from the current administration, voter fraud, and any minority conservative. Well call it even.