Romney gets free $100k anti-Obama attack ad on Fox and Friends

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Where's that Fairness Doctrine when you need it? :icon_cool

‘Fox and Friends’ airs 4-minute anti-Obama video that looks like a political attack ad

By Dylan Stableford | The Cutline – Wed, May 30, 2012

"Fox & Friends" aired a nearly-four-minute video about President Barack Obama on Wednesday, drawing the ire of critics who say it looked, felt and sounded like a political attack ad.

"We decided to take a look back at the president's first term to see if it lived up to hope and change," co-host Gretchen Carlson said while introducing the video.

The video, produced by Fox News associate producer Chris White, attacks Obama's record on job creation and the unemployment rate—and includes a dramatic, "Star Wars"-esque soundtrack. It aired twice on Wednesday's show.

The video "resembled propaganda films from 1930′s Europe," Baltimore Sun television critic David Zurawik wrote after the segment first aired. "And the remarkable thing was the the witless crew on the couch that serves as hosts for this show had the audacity to present it as journalism and congratulate the producer who put it together."

According to the progressive watchdog group Media Matters, the segment is the equivalent of $96,000 of free advertising for the Republican Party and Mitt Romney, who clinched the 2012 GOP nomination on Tuesday.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/cutline...oDMTNyczNxZTUyBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRw c
[video=youtube;zi15OtKquD0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zi15OtKquD0[/video]

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
"resembled propaganda films from 1930′s Europe," Baltimore Sun television critic David Zurawik
Fuck you, David Zurawik. If you're going to call someone a Nazi, then do it, cocksucker.

Cunt Smasher

Caligula Jr.
Aug 26, 2005
Fuck you, David Zurawik. If you're going to call someone a Nazi, then do it, cocksucker.
I didn't like the quote, but didn't see it like that. Good call. Again, nobody wants to discuss accuracy, just kill the messenger.

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
Oct 26, 2011
I'm a little surprised that 8 minutes of FOX News can be had for 100 K. Seems really cheap.

CousinDave

Dec 11, 2007
Ohio
I'm a little surprised that 8 minutes of FOX News can be had for 100 K. Seems really cheap.

its cable/satellite

How do you think all the places selling gold can afford to advertise

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
That early in the morning, sure.

It's also not a campaign ad because it doesn't promote Romney. The libtards are just butthurt because someone is pointing out Dear Leader's multitude of failures.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
For a shitty lib, at least David Zurawik had the balls to call out the Obama administration for its exclusion of Fox access a couple of years ago when that whole Anita Dunn controversy was around.

Baltimore Sun TV critic David Zurawik wrote about Dunn's appearance on his Sun blog, Z on TV (which we learned about via The Huffington Post). Regarding Dunn's statement that Fox News' election coverage focused heavily on ACORN and then-candidate Obama's relationship to former Weather Underground member Bill Ayers, Zurawik writes, "...Dunn is absolutely wrong about Fox's coverage of the election last fall. I did watch it every day and wrote about it several times a week for this blog. And while I didn't like a lot of what I saw with soft interviews and only favorable coverage of Sarah Palin, it wasn't all about Bill Ayers and ACORN by a long shot. In fact, I saw Shepherd [sic] Smith take down Joe the Plumber after that GOP-created character came on Fox and said, 'A vote for Obama is a vote for the death of Israel.' I wonder if Smith was acting as an 'arm' of the Republican Party on that one."

Although he may not be a fan of Glenn Beck's home channel, Zurawik is weary of the president's attempts to "punish" Fox News. He sees the campaign against Fox News as a troubling symptom of the administration's lack of respect for a free press.

"I have to say I was surprised to hear a senior White House staffer sounding so uninformed and blatantly biased. This campaign by the Obama administration is dangerous to press freedom, and it should concern everyone in the press, not just Fox." Zurawik added.
It's also not a campaign ad because it doesn't promote Romney. The libtards are just butthurt because someone is pointing out Dear Leader's multitude of failures.
Once again your partisan hackiness can't see when your side is doing it. It's not just libtards who are butthurt. Apparently the VP of programming at Fox News apparently thought it crossed the line too.

The video, produced by Fox News associate producer Chris White, attacks Obama's record on job creation and the unemployment rate—and includes a dramatic, "Star Wars"-esque soundtrack. It aired twice on Wednesday's show.

"The package that aired on 'Fox & Friends' was created by an associate producer and was not authorized at the senior executive level of the network," Bill Shine, executive vice president of programming at Fox News, said in a statement to Yahoo News. "This has been addressed with the show's producers."
And many conservatives in the blogosphere also admonished it. Take Hotair's Ed Morrissey:

"I don't disagree with much, if anything, in this video presented earlier today on 'Fox & Friends,'" Ed Morrissey wrote on HotAir.com. "But does this make anyone uncomfortable at all in regard to its source?"
Not sure if you're familiar with Ed's work, but I would imagine he'd be some sort of hero to you.
:action-sm

And then there's also this. Apparently this was scrubbed from the Fox website because people were so butthurt about it.

A post on the Fox Nation site calling the piece a "must-see Fox video" was taken down, and the segment was later removed from FoxNews.com.