OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Romney gets in on the firearm fear mongering....

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Hate & Discontent, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Hate & Discontent

Hate & Discontent Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?

Link

Romney is an ass. While I don't doubt Obama would love to go ape-shit and force a new AWB down our throats, it's going to be hard for him to do so without the full backing of Congress. Any Democrat with half a brain knows it's not worth the risk to their reelection campaign to support gun control, and I doubt they could get enough Republicans to cross the fence in the House to pull it off.

Meanwhile Romney signed a permanent AWB into law in his home state while he was governor.

2. stevethrower

stevethrower Got Sig?

Well you are talking about MA.... which does seem to have issues with firearms of any type.

3. Party Rooster

Party Rooster Unleash The Beast

Can't wait until Romney's in office and starts selling guns to the cartels. Flip and Flopious? :icon_cool

4. Norm Stansfield

Norm Stansfield 私は亀が好きだ。

Gun control is a legitimate issue, and presidential candidates should take full advantage when their opponents have a history of opposing the Second Amendment. Obama's going to lose a shitload of votes over this.

The fight over the Second Amendment is not in Congress. It's at the local level, and in the Courts. Local politicians have and will continue to pass laws banning guns, and only the Supreme Court can strike those laws down.

As of this day, Obama already appointed two justices who are unequivocally opposed to the Second Amendment. And there are two others already on the Court. One more, and the Second Amendment goes bye bye in quite a few states and counties.
    Romney is better than Obama, on guns. Even if he's not perfect, he still has the right and the opportunity to kick some ass on this issue. It's rightfully going to be a huge plus for him, during the campaign.

The Obama camp won't even be able to attack him directly, on that AWB ban he signed, because they agree with it. The best they'll be able to do is third party attack ads from cynical lefty groups.

5. MayrMeninoCrash

MayrMeninoCrash Liberal Psycopath

This just proves how useless the NRA is, if they are able to give a "warm welcome" to Mitt Romney. He doesn't even own any guns for chrissakes; he lied about some guns he had that actually belonged to his son.

And as far as the Justices thing goes - It's a red herring. The dittoheads have nothing else to latch onto when you bring up how Obama was 100% against guns when he was a local politician and the libtards can say exactly the same thing about Romney.

6. KRSOne

KRSOne Registered User

It's amazing that media propaganda can get so called conservatives to vote for a anti 2nd republican. And to vote for a guy that wants to raise taxes by using the global warming fear mongering.

7. d0uche_n0zzle

d0uche_n0zzle **Negative_Creep**

Hard to do anything from the inside of a prison cell.

8. Josh_R

Josh_R Registered User

Is this going to be a huge plus, too?
    [video=youtube;wgZ6AuHnmk0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgZ6AuHnmk0[/video]
    I have to give Obama credit for having done absolutely nothing about guns. Hell, Romney has done more to harm gun owners rights than Obama has.

9. KRSOne

KRSOne Registered User

I guess if you believe Obama didn't have knowledge of fast and furious.

10. Josh_R

Josh_R Registered User

That is a big stretch to say that a failed program run by the ATF was Obama cracking down on gun owners' rights. I know it was used as fuel to require more reporting of firearm purchases, but that is a far cry from restricting gun owners from exercising their 2nd Amendment rights.

11. KRSOne

KRSOne Registered User

It only failed because of one ATF agent. If that ATF agent hadn't spoken out it would have been successful in causing fear and blaming the 2nd amendment for drug war violence to push gun bans and gun control.

12. fletcher

fletcher Darkness always says hello.
    Donator

Honest question for you, Kirk. With all the crowing you do about the 2nd, do you actually exercise your right? Do you own a fire arm or are you one of those "I fight for the freedoms for everyone" types?

13. KRSOne

KRSOne Registered User

This is about firearm fear mongering. If you have a personal question for me, ask in the appropriate thread.

14. fletcher

fletcher Darkness always says hello.
    Donator

This is appropriate. Answer the question.

15. Party Rooster

Party Rooster Unleash The Beast

His dad got him one of these for Christmas one year but his mom took it away from him. Afraid he was going to "put someone's eye out with that thing..."

[​IMG]

16. Psychopath

Psychopath Plata O Plomo

He probably didn't. Seeing as every agency is compartmentalized.

17. MayrMeninoCrash

Still waiting to hear the story of the first guy whose had his guns taken by the BATFE for buying too many rifles in one month......

18. KRSOne

KRSOne Registered User

Yeah if it hasn't happened yet it will never happen. You like the idea of the ATF having a list of people that buy more than 1 gun a week?

19. d0uche_n0zzle

Plenty of people have been harassed by those clowns. Had property stolen, and some paid with their lives.

Use the Google and find out for yourself, Mr. Bootlicker.

20. Neckbeard

Neckbeard I'm Team Piggy!

Mitt Romney is spectacularly full of shit, even for a politician. It is impossible to trust the guy.

He's still better than Obama, but only by a small margin.

21. Hate & Discontent

The ATF is legally prohibited from keeping records of firearms purchases, but they have found ways to get around that by requiring reporting of multiple purchases, and congress hasn't called them out on it.

Yep.

22. MayrMeninoCrash

If that was even remotely true your fingers would be burning from the cutting and pasting to post it here.

And I don't mind the ATF checking up on large purchases of firearms in this post-9/11 world. Calling to verify someone's identity wasn't stolen by terrorists to illicitly acquire weapons seems a reasonable use of the bureau's power.

23. Hate & Discontent

How about here - several people in that thread have had visits from the ATV, including invasive questions. One guy lost a parts-built FAL to them for a brief time. Those are just a couple examples of police and ATF giving law-abiding citizens a hard time.

24. d0uche_n0zzle

FUCK you and the ATF.

The only honorable Agents are the whistleblowers.

25. KRSOne

KRSOne Registered User

I love this one. Now the 2nd amendment is responsible for arming al-Qaeda and the Taliban