Ron and Fez back on 92.3?

pure_waves

© Steven Carr Industries, 2014. Grrrrrrrr
Dec 9, 2004
Upper West Side, NY
I was just listening to the O and A reply and there was some speculation from Opie about R & F on FM. Are they just fucking around or did something happen? I missed R & F today so just wanted to ask.

RMPGP

Feb 16, 2006
It would appear with this event on Friday there is something brewing with RNF & KROCK.

jackjack

May 12, 2007
Daytona Beach
Well, that certainly explains the recent crossover events.
I figured something was up when they were telling the FM side all about Dave the shit eater.

Makes me think the show isn't going to be NY only.
My speculation.. They continue after O&A on FM, and go to noon (or 11:30 to give transition time) then do the XM show as normal.

Rumrunner

bring back the walkover
Feb 20, 2006
Springfield, NJ
My speculation.. They continue after O&A on FM, and go to noon (or 11:30 to give transition time) then do the XM show as normal.

Any other speculations?, I'm hoping for 6-9pm time slot again. Would love to hear them again on FM, less cursing is more gooder for my 2yo

pure_waves

Dec 9, 2004
Upper West Side, NY
Great news if it's true. I dont think Ronnie B would like getting up for a 9am show though. I hope they go to a 4-7 slot. That way I can catch; O and A from 6-11 and Ron and Fez 12-3 and 4-7.

jackjack

May 12, 2007
Daytona Beach
I'd love to see them get an afternoon drive too.
I went with the 'after O&A' scenario because it fills that 9-10 hour that has bothered everyone in the business since the beginning.
Coupled with it being introduced with the crossover on syndicated FM.
The NY only show wasn't done that way.

We'll see. Any way it happens, it looks like good news.

Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
I'd love to see them get an afternoon drive too.
I went with the 'after O&A' scenario because it fills that 9-10 hour that has bothered everyone in the business since the beginning.
Coupled with it being introduced with the crossover on syndicated FM.
The NY only show wasn't done that way.

We'll see. Any way it happens, it looks like good news.
Yeah, Ron and Fez would definitely add to the ratings if they were able to fill in those last few hours of Morning Drive.
I'd love to see them somehow syndicated on all the stations Ona are on. More people should be hearing RnF, they're still the best thing going today.

Weren't their ratings for NYC in that short period off the charts of something?

Lillibaby

AFRO's Littlest Baby...
May 15, 2007
PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE LET THE RUMORS BE TRUE. I looooved Ron & Fez's FM show. Their energy was just amazing on that side.

pure_waves

Dec 9, 2004
Upper West Side, NY
PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE LET THE RUMORS BE TRUE. I looooved Ron & Fez's FM show. Their energy was just amazing on that side.
Ya it was a great show. I loved the AFRD show they had when ESD split up from his girl and he got loaded with Ant and Melinda. It was a blast.

pure_waves

Dec 9, 2004
Upper West Side, NY
Yeah, Ron and Fez would definitely add to the ratings if they were able to fill in those last few hours of Morning Drive.
I'd love to see them somehow syndicated on all the stations Ona are on. More people should be hearing RnF, they're still the best thing going today.

I heard the 1 book they were in was amazing. When I checked into it at the time I didnt find anything concrete to back it up, but if theyre coming back that would pretty much confirm that they did well.

Grace

I'm a firm breasted something
Nov 16, 2005
Philly

I was working in North Jersey back when they were on free fm, and thoroughly enjoyed hearing that portion of the show. I hope they come back to fm soon and make it onto ysp as well.

JOHNNY HAIRDO

Hello dummies
Mar 8, 2005
NYC
I fucking missed you Ron and Fez Speculation thread. It's good to have you back buddy.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
What would make the most sense would be for them to shorten the world's longest walkover and do 4-7pm afternoon drive on K-Rock.

peewee

Aug 10, 2003
NY
holy shit this is great news. i don't think it will be a national show though because ron has said he likes doing a one market show on fm and their national show on xm. however, i'm sure he would change his mind and do a syndicated show on fm rather then no show on fm. either way i don't care because i live in NY, and god invented torrents.

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
There was talk of this on NYRMB this morning, but Allen Sniffen must of got mad after someone questioned why he is anti-R&F so he deleted the whole thread.

Sure K-Rock is a music station, but I don't see why it can't have R&F at night.

KROQ is the alternative station out here in LA has Kevin & Bean in the morning and Love Line at Night.

I also hope they're on at 6-9 or 7-10 and kind of wish that it was somehow simulcast on XM if possible.

Ronreddog

Unofficial O&A Twitter Tough Guy
May 11, 2007
Sunny Florida
If it is true, I vote for afternoon drive. I think they would fill that slot nicely, but, you are talking 7 hours of radio, with a walkover!

I do like the morning finish, 9 till Noon, with a walkover to XM, just like O&A, and still do the 6 hours!

I do hope it comes about, whatever time slot!

Razor Roman

Save the USH!
Aug 27, 2002
Sayreville NJ
It certainly looks like that's what they are moving towards... I couldn't see them doing a show earlier than 6pm, probably more likely doing the show at 9, though.

They are not a drive time type show, IMO... and they're not a good fit with the music on the station...

I have not been a big fan of R&F lately, when I became I fan during the dot com show, what made them for me was Fezzie's interaction with Ron... so its a little different now, with much more emphasis on Dave and to a lesser extent Earl. That being said, I know they have the ability to fit in pretty much anywhere... they are real pros, their FM show had a great energy to it, and I'm sure they will get decent numbers on FM if they end up there again.

pure_waves

Dec 9, 2004
Upper West Side, NY
If it is true, I vote for afternoon drive. I think they would fill that slot nicely, but, you are talking 7 hours of radio, with a walkover!

I do like the morning finish, 9 till Noon, with a walkover to XM, just like O&A, and still do the 6 hours!

I do hope it comes about, whatever time slot!
6 hrs of Ron and Fez plus 5+ hrs of O and A...I may have to drop a few hobbies to keep up :action-sm

Ronreddog

Unofficial O&A Twitter Tough Guy
May 11, 2007
Sunny Florida
I have not been a big fan of R&F lately, when I became I fan during the dot com show, what made them for me was Fezzie's interaction with Ron... so its a little different now, with much more emphasis on Dave and to a lesser extent Earl. That being said, I know they have the ability to fit in pretty much anywhere... they are real pros, their FM show had a great energy to it, and I'm sure they will get decent numbers on FM if they end up there again.
QFT

6 hrs of Ron and Fez plus 5+ hrs of O and A...I may have to drop a few hobbies to keep up :action-sm
I will be listening to nothing but radio pretty soon, if not live, then from d/l.

KROCK would be smart to put them back on! ;)

chickenfinger

Drink The Kool Aid! Drink It!
Nov 23, 2006
About 28 minutes into the show today:

Ron: "Scott, you're on Ron and Fez".

Scott: "Hey guys, you gonna be announcing you're gonna be back on 92.3 now?

Ron: "There is no announcement to be made, There is no announcement to be made (pause) at... this...juncture. At this juncture. Now I know there is alot of people that would love for us to do that though".

I think most of the speculation should be made somewhere in the (pause) and the ...'s

I thought I heard something happenin' in there.

Budyzir

There's nothing quite like a shorn scrotum.
Nov 12, 2004
Queens, NY
I can only hope. It was great to listen to R&F on KROK during the 2nd O&A replay and before the 1st R&F replay on XM.

That is one screwy sentence.

Tax Kuntz

just being an ass
Jul 6, 2003
Parsippany, NJ
I doubt they will be on right after O&A on K-Rock, because that would put them up against O&A on XM.

I say it's either 4-7 or 6-9 again.

S

stuand

I can only hope. It was great to listen to R&F on KROK during the 2nd O&A replay and before the 1st R&F replay on XM.

That is one screwy sentence.
:action-sm Yes it is.