Ron and Fez don't need "teases"

Nov 5, 2002
to keep you tuned in. Ever notice that? Hayseed shows at all levels (except O-N-A of course) use and abuse the tease, sometimes in place of talent or content.

Sure Ron and Fez are two of a kind, but why do so many of these nothing shows think they can insult the intelligence of their listeners instead of just being funny or entertaining like Ron-nFez?

Absolutely

Self-Heavy
Jan 25, 2006
to keep you tuned in. Ever notice that? Hayseed shows at all levels (except O-N-A of course) use and abuse the tease, sometimes in place of talent or content.

Sure Ron and Fez are two of a kind, but why do so many of these nothing shows think they can insult the intelligence of their listeners instead of just being funny or entertaining like Ron-nFez?
I think the fact that they're solely on XM helps the tease factor.
Teases, at least when I hear them, are more so on sports talk and news than morning radio. I don't think most morning radio expects listeners to listen for more than one break usually. Sports radio teases the whole damn show normally, and waste at least 2 to 3 minutes of the 20 minute break teasing something instead of talking about it.
"Did you hear about Oakland.... Can't believe what happened... I mean...Well we'll get in to that in about 10 minutes...But oh my god it's amazing!"

turns out they signed a no-name LB or something.

"This is an outcue"

maz

TRueWDTer
Feb 16, 2005
R&F don't tease anything
"HERE'S AN OUTCUE"
LOCK IT UP PLEASE

Garyisajoke

I created FRED, fuckface. Show some respect.
Nov 20, 2005
Making a joke out of using a tease still means that O&A use teases. It's called having your cake and eating it too. Not saying it's wrong - it's a part of being good broadcaster (especially on advertising-based radio, which R&F are not on) but they do use them.

zerofischer

a reading from the book of Bennington
Nov 18, 2002
as annoying as they are it helps to know why they are doing them.