Ron and Fez if/when O&A come back...

Garyisajoke

I created FRED, fuckface. Show some respect.
I'll get bashed to hell for this but here goes:

I'm listening to Ron and Fez a lot, obviously with the boys gone. If what Ron alludes to is correct - and I'm only taking it at face value because XM are essentially cunts - O&A will be back on the 15th and Ron and Fez will be back to the worst shift in radio and a shitty replay at midnight.

Great way to reward the people who signed up for Ron and Fez and stuck with XM to listen to them during this shit. It'll be back to being the Opie and Anthony channel with R&F as a fucking footnote even though a lot of people prefer their show or like it just as much.

I hope XM considers a better slot, an extra hour or maybe even an entire channel as they've shown they can handle one alone (or hey, bring in the fucking Hideout.)

What do you think?

Oh and bash all you want. I got XM for Ron and Fez. I considered changing but I love listening to the show and wouldn't be bullied into cancelling because I'm still getting the show I want.

And while I'm at it, to the people bashing R&F, saying they've benefitted from O&A problems and probably love it - fuck you.

Philly loser

Wackbag Elder Statesman
BASH YOU TO HELL!!!

Jesus dude, there was anger, guilt, remorse, and confusion in that post.

I love R&F too. Unfortunately, I listen to them hours or a day later now.

When the posts come telling you to cancel, and they will, it is in response to XM censoring uncensored content. I don't think many of us will say anything negative about R&F. XM fucked up. The urges to cancel are to make a statement to XM not punish or bash R&F.

I won't lie. I miss the shit out of my XM. I loved it. Regular radio still sucks. Actually, it's worse than ever. Where I used to listen to O&A then some worst of and then R&F, now I listen to O&A and, uh, 'taped' R&F.

As for their time slot. It does blow. I'd love to see them in a better slot, but for now, I'll be happy to get two UNCENSORED shows back.

Good luck with any ensuing responses.

Garyisajoke

BASH YOU TO HELL!!!

These are confusing times indeed...

I know what site you alluded to and yeah, that's good stuff.

Ron and Fez should have more time, especially without the Free show now, I want them to go back to 4 hours.

Don't cancel if you don't want to. Along with Freedom of Speech is also Freedom of Choice. People demanding you cancel because it's "the right/cool thing to do", is tantamount to XM demanding an apology they knew wouldn't mean anything and then suspending them for saying it didn't mean anything.

ScottFromGA

I cum into socks.
BASH YOU TO HELL!!!

I love R&F too. Unfortunately, I listen to them hours or a day later now.

When the posts come telling you to cancel, and they will, it is in response to XM censoring uncensored content. I don't think many of us will say anything negative about R&F. XM fucked up. The urges to cancel are to make a statement to XM not punish or bash R&F.

I won't lie. I miss the shit out of my XM. I loved it. Regular radio still sucks. Actually, it's worse than ever. Where I used to listen to O&A then some worst of and then R&F, now I listen to O&A and, uh, 'taped' R&F.

As for their time slot. It does blow. I'd love to see them in a better slot, but for now, I'll be happy to get two UNCENSORED shows back.

Good luck with any ensuing responses.

Ron and Fez dont sound that censored to me...still cussing....just not taking things WAYYYY over edge....is it so bad that they cant talk about **** or the tip of Dave's dick or something they use to talk about?

jeez....we should call XM 202, "Dirty Talk 202". just to make everyone happy.

I hope XM considers a better slot, an extra hour or maybe even an entire channel as they've shown they can handle one alone (or hey, bring in the fucking Hideout.)

What do you think?
Never happening, because that actually makes sense. Over the years of having XM The one thing I cherish is the fact Ron and Fez are on it. If when things are normal you can find them buried in middays and midnight. I seriously don't know how it feels to be them, as show hosts and staff. But as a faithful listener I'm just sick of it all how Ron and Fez continually get the shitty end of the stick.

Can't have a decent time slot, or four hours, or their own channel. They get a deal with CBS and finally people hear them. The Big Ass Bash was a major success where a relatively unpromoted show packed a venue. Then they get cancelled. While having the second highest ratings in New York radio in their spot.

Can this show buy a break? It really bothers me. Everyday this show is top notch. Even through a co-host having a heart attack, and depression, and heart surgery while the other host is a former alcoholic dealing with daily demons and carrying the whole thing alone.

One day people will look back and realize it. The show really is the best thing going. Even when they get no respect. While the format flip is heralded as a good thing by the surviving hosts on KRock flippantly R&F just do good radio.

Usually it's good to have a little "secret" like a favorite band you want for yourself. But I don't feel that way about R&F, they just deserve the success a show as good as it is should have.

And through it all we all know nothing will happen. The show will still be overlooked and treated like the warm up act.

I don't mind their timeslot, just because it makes my work day go by faster.. but these 30 days should be enough to show XM that R&F deserve their own channel. I'd love to have 2 channels, one with O&A on 24 hours, and another with R&F on 24 hours.. If that ends up happening, I would consider these 30 days worth it.

I don't think mid day is necessarily a bad spot on xm. They are on from 11-2 in my time zone with gets me thru a big chunk of of the day at work.

cozzie

head retard
ok beat me up for this one.

anyone ever thought that maybe, just maybe, sometimes it's better to keep your big mouth shut?

I know Ronnie has been telling dave to cool it

never know what's coming out of his clown mouth

just saying

Garyisajoke

i'm surprised to find such supportive people. I wonder if there's anything we can do to lobby for a nicer spot for them. I feel like shit that they're off Free, because the show was really good. They don't get the attention they deserve.

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
i'm surprised to find such supportive people. I wonder if there's anything we can do to lobby for a nicer spot for them.
you mean besides starting the same bigass 203 thread for the 5th time???

naaaaaaa

Digital_Trauma

"man of leisure". . . aaaand repeat
The idea of "worst timeslot on radio" doesn't really work with a national show. O&A like to make fun of timeslots, especially Op, for local guys who are going nowhere. It would be nice if R&F's replay was a little earlier than midnight. Maybe they could replay the show at 6:00pm or something on another channel?

O

Ounceman

I love both shows, but I think I hear more of the R&F show because I work in the afternoon, so to me it's my "morning" drive time and it gets me through the drive to work which I love. Then on my dinner break I usually hear O&A's replay that missed while asleep in the a.m. So I don't mind R&F's slot so much I just wish they got more than the one replay at midnight.

Opie used to say a lot about a year ago that "much bigger things" are in store for the R&F show. I don't get why the Virus can't span two channels right now, O&A dominating one with replays mixed with best ofs, and the same for R&F on the other channel (Virus 2.0 or whatever you'd call it) with a 4 hours live show, replays, best ofs, etc.

S

Shedwell

RNF about the only thing keeping me with XM

Hell, here I am some jerkie in WA state with XM in my company car....aside from NHL programing and 18 spanish channels (soothing as I can't understand a fucking word that is being said) it is as worthless as tits on a bull - crap, name the channels something my dumbass can understand; what the duece is 'Fred', 'Ethel', 'Boneyard', and myriad other mystery names that mean nothing to me as I roll down the street.

I lucked out last year stumbling across O & A - and got even more lucky when Ron & Fez took over their programming. Call me soft (being from the left coast, that may be a given) but listening to a salty New York fat guy and a once fat New York homo is the best radio I've ever heard. I've long been over the bullshit 'are you shocked at our harshness yet' of Howard, and O&A (while I dig in small doses) can cut back the over the top language and over the top sensationalism - but these two nut jobs grab my attention to the point that I am reluctant to kick XM to the curb though 98% of their programing sucks balls (no offense Fezzie).

flyerfan116

Fuckin savages
i agree ron & fez should be on more...i don't mind the timeslot , but the replay should be on earlier than midnight..i'm thinking:

6-11 Live o & a
11-12 worst of o&a
12-4 Live Ron & Fez
4-9 O & A replay
9-1 ron & fez replay
then from 1-6 have best of ron & fez and worst of o&a to fill in the time...then replay all week from both shows on the weekend.

as far as the canceling it's a personal choice...i chose to support the boys and thanks to the miracle of the free 3 day trial i can stilll hear ron and fez...some people may push you saying its a censorship issue not an O&A issue ...but if that is the case we are all hypocrits for still listening to O&A on CBS radio when they are the ones who started this mess by shitcanning Imus..technically we should be boycotting them as well if its a censorship deal..but like i said its a personal choice.....freedom of speech/expresssion comes with the fact that you have to accept thaty other will have opposing views and have the same rights as you to express them

RMPGP

I'll get bashed to hell for this but here goes:

I'm listening to Ron and Fez a lot, obviously with the boys gone. If what Ron alludes to is correct - and I'm only taking it at face value because XM are essentially cunts - O&A will be back on the 15th and Ron and Fez will be back to the worst shift in radio and a shitty replay at midnight.

Great way to reward the people who signed up for Ron and Fez and stuck with XM to listen to them during this shit. It'll be back to being the Opie and Anthony channel with R&F as a fucking footnote even though a lot of people prefer their show or like it just as much.

What do you think?

Oh and bash all you want. I got XM for Ron and Fez. I considered changing but I love listening to the show and wouldn't be bullied into cancelling because I'm still getting the show I want.

And while I'm at it, to the people bashing R&F, saying they've benefitted from O&A problems and probably love it - fuck you.

Your post shows why it was in the best interest of a RNF fan to cancel their sub. Supporting the buddays didn't boost them at all when this was said in done. Flexing our collective muscle was much more important so they won't fuck with 202 again.

But I think XM is on cruise control until the merger either goes thru or doesn't go thru.

I also think XM believes that name recognizable talent is better to overpay for (Oprah) than to promote the great stuff they already have.

bayzbol44

I like their current time slot. Hopefully, one day they go to 4 hours. Just wish the replay schedule was better. Their current time slot gets me through the day. Geez, might not even be bad to immediately follow O&A. Sometimes right at 11, sometimes 11:30, depends on what O&A are up to. Do we really need another O&A Worst Of everyday?

peewee

the way ron and fez gets treated pisses me off every day of the week. there is no reason why their show should be 3 hours long, and have one shitty replay at midnight. i love how opie always says middays are for hacks but then tries to backtrack and say ron and fez are on during west coast morning drive. fuck that they are an east coast show and deserve better. i really hope that things change but deep down i know they won't. so for the mean time thank god for torrents and newsgroups, otherwise i would never get to hear my buddies.

The Phoenix

Oh, figure it out already!
the way ron and fez gets treated pisses me off every day of the week. there is no reason why their show should be 3 hours long, and have one shitty replay at midnight. i love how opie always says middays are for hacks but then tries to backtrack and say ron and fez are on during west coast morning drive. fuck that they are an east coast show and deserve better. i really hope that things change but deep down i know they won't. so for the mean time thank god for torrents and newsgroups, otherwise i would never get to hear my buddies.
That's it people, pit the only 2 shows in radio that actually get along against each other.
Good job, God damn jerkoffs.

M

midgarr30

I lived in NY most of my life and have been listening to O&A and R&F for a little over a year. I just recently moved out to CA and I gotta say that since O&A being booted for a month, R&F definitely have proven themselves to deserve their own channel. The problem is that they would directly compete with O&A for a better and earlier east coast time slot.

The thing for me is that I get to listen to R&F on my morning drives and it's fantastic. Back in NY I would listen to O&A on my morning drives and then would get to listen to R&F during lunch or when I got off early from work. Having 24 hours of R&F has made me realize how great the show is. Both O&A and R&F are great, and I sometimes feel one show is better than the other, but that changes week to week.

I feel that when (not if) O&A come back, they'll take their normal east coast morning slot and have R&F in their normal 12-3 (east coast). But, without a doubt, R&F do not get enough praise. The show is brilliant and Ron is has quicker and better comebacks than do O&A.

hangoverbuffet

Pissing People Off since 1983
the last thing i heard about when Ron wanted The hideout boys on xm was they did not have enough bandwidth so i doubt they will have enough for a whole channel to ron and fez... which i would love... i love the boys and i love r and F