Ron and Interviewing...

Sep 10, 2005
Staten Island, NY
Yo i've been getting back into the buddays lately, and i just realized listening to tonight's replay of them interviewing whoever the fuck this guy is....but anyway isn't Ron Bennington the most boring interviewer ever? haha wtf i mean ron and fez are probably my favorite radio show ever but when they have a guest its like:arrrh:

Glenn Dandy

THE ONLY WHITE PRESIDENT LEFT.
Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
I guess this is the best place to say how I feel.

Ron N Fez.... I see the bit comming from SCRANTON OHIO!

Its alot like the WWF... thats why I cant Dig R&F.

And Im the last guy to get the bit.

maz

TRueWDTer
Feb 16, 2005
abu dhabi,pa.
looove ron and fez
but some of thier guests
ahh not so much
the food network chick yesterday
and that singer today
i could live without
i'm sure they'd get better guests on fm
who's doing the booking ?
earrrl
but Ronnie is the funniest fucker on the radio
no offense to Ant or Jimmie
love them , too

maz

TRueWDTer
Feb 16, 2005
abu dhabi,pa.
btw
the coreys' spot on O&A today was awful
i don't blame the boys though
sometimes guests just suck

Sep 10, 2005
Staten Island, NY
Yeah i'm not bashing Ron, I pretty much think that ron is better then opie and stern has Radio "hosts" and he's funnier then Jimmy and Anthony, well I think its a tie between Anthony and Ronnie B.

Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
First off, I hate when Ron and Fez have guests. I'd love the show to never have another guest again. I agree, it's boring, but it's not because of Ron's interviewing. Guests are my least favorite part of Ona and Rnf, even with Howie years ago.

It's because there is a general lack of interest in any guest they have ever had. I have an interest in Lou Reed, but there's only so many Food Network housewives and documentarians you can listen to.

I think Ron's interviewing is actually really great, he asks a lot of questions and gets in to stuff that could be interesting, and that others don't normally go to. But like I said the problem is the people who are giving the answers.

Would a man who isn't a fabulous interviewer be Unmasking comics two at a time?

maz

TRueWDTer
Feb 16, 2005
abu dhabi,pa.
and ronnie has a lot less talent around
whereas opie has a lot of options
opie is in more of a keep the show on track position guy
ronnie has to do all the heavy lifting
every fucking day
but ope's great at what he does

Sep 10, 2005
Staten Island, NY
First off, I hate when Ron and Fez have guests. I'd love the show to never have another guest again. I agree, it's boring, but it's not because of Ron's interviewing. Guests are my least favorite part of Ona and Rnf, even with Howie years ago.

It's because there is a general lack of interest in any guest they have ever had. I have an interest in Lou Reed, but there's only so many Food Network housewives and documentarians you can listen to.

I think Ron's interviewing is actually really great, he asks a lot of questions and gets in to stuff that could be interesting, and that others don't normally go to. But like I said the problem is the people who are giving the answers.

Ron like doesn't fuck with the guests as much as Opie would ya know? Ron actually asks serious questions and it gets boring, if the guest sucks....he only has so much to work with.

Glenn Dandy

THE ONLY WHITE PRESIDENT LEFT.
Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
My take on Ron B.... the cats smart,,, been around the block..... he lowers himself to bits...

A better R&F show would drop the silly bits and discuss life. RB is like Ant in that he has the intelligence to discuss real issues.

My guess id half the audience are real people,,, the rest watch wrastlin... your call RB.

maz

TRueWDTer
Feb 16, 2005
abu dhabi,pa.
Hate him or not, he is a great radio host..you'd have to be stupid not to realize that, opie and anthony admit it all the time that they used to be fans....
wasn't questioning anyone's opinion of hoo hoo
just the wording in your post
didn't read right to me

Aug 11, 2005
Ron like doesn't fuck with the guests as much as Opie would ya know? Ron actually asks serious questions and it gets boring, if the guest sucks....he only has so much to work with.
These two shows havent been given too much work with at all.
fucking xm needs to get thier names out there better.

Dec 9, 2004
Baton Rouge
Ron and Fez aren't like Howard or Opie and Anthony. They are completely different shows.

While not a big fan of guests, I would rather hear Ron ask serious questions than hear Opie shit on the star wars guy or toothpick guy, but know that he will pussy out for Whoopi or Haim and Feldman because they still have some juice. If you can only go after the weak and unsuspecting, you aren't really a badass, you are just sad.

jules

uppity taxpayer
Jul 24, 2005
south jersey
Ron and Fez aren't like Howard or Opie and Anthony. They are completely different shows.

While not a big fan of guests, I would rather hear Ron ask serious questions than hear Opie shit on the star wars guy or toothpick guy, but know that he will pussy out for Whoopi or Haim and Feldman because they still have some juice. If you can only go after the weak and unsuspecting, you aren't really a badass, you are just sad.
:icon_roll

bubbawadd

Apr 4, 2004
Wheaton, IL
Ron is a great interviewer, the guests just SUCK! Who really gives a shit about the winning chick from the food network.

Apr 12, 2005
This thread is retarded.

Ron is a good interviewer, and clearly is interested in most of the people he interviews. Some of them do go on a bit long for my tastes, but that's usually when it's a guest I don't care about.

Why should he shit on the guests? That's almost as absurd as the time that people wanted to give Ramone calls to the Legendary director they had (whose name escapes me).. Also, they're NOT Opie and anthony, they shouldn't be expected to act the same way. It's a different show, that isn't as fast-paced and aggressive.

My only problem with interviews, is I don't like hearing them so often in Best of.

flyerfan116

Fuckin savages
Apr 14, 2005
NJ
but anyway isn't Ron Bennington the most boring interviewer ever?
BLASPHEMY!!!

I guess this is the best place to say how I feel.
Ron N Fez.... I see the bit comming from SCRANTON OHIO!
Its alot like the WWF... thats why I cant Dig R&F.
And Im the last guy to get the bit.
IMPEACHMENT!!!!

but there's only so many Food Network housewives and documentarians you can listen to.

I think Ron's interviewing is actually really great, he asks a lot of questions and gets in to stuff that could be interesting,

QFT

Turtle

WACKBAGGER
Jun 8, 2005
Ron is a great interviewer, the guests just SUCK! Who really gives a shit about the winning chick from the food network.
I would agree that the guest needs to be better in the interview as well. You can't get water from a stone.

Dec 9, 2004
Baton Rouge
Bret Michaels was a great guest on O&A this morning. Bret used the phrase "Gacked Up" it would have been a perfect interview with Ron.