Ron & Fez Listening Thread ### 11/16/07: Domesticating Wild Women

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyBagels

Gemutlichkeit
Feb 15, 2006
Way too f'in busy
Hah! With the latest rash of marriages (Flyer & Hoff; congrats and talk to me and Stig), my revelation, as well as the past connections from this thread (Dan & Jules).
I have a pic of Friday from last night that I would like to share

I think the title's appropriate. If not, Fuck ya. Oh and...Hiya Buddays

TonyBagels

Gemutlichkeit
Feb 15, 2006
Way too f'in busy
note of caution: while searching google images for 'housewife' at work, make sure the screen isn't visible to passersby

Friday

Fezzing Out
May 1, 2007
elsewhere
oooh the things I do for love!

On the bright side....I have finally found someone willing to eat my experimental cooking....
w00t! :p

Hiya Buddays!

Arch Stanton

It's all about the funny!
Nov 22, 2004
Long Island
Howdy Buddays..

Tony ###? Are you a newb here? We haven't had a thread/show number in a very long time you pencil neck geek!

TonyBagels

Gemutlichkeit
Feb 15, 2006
Way too f'in busy
Howdy Buddays..

Tony ###? Are you a newb here? We haven't had a thread/show number in a very long time you pencil neck geek!
I know we haven't, and I'm upset. It makes us seem like idiots that can't count sequentially. This isn't the thread for dummies, well how about this thread is for the-not-so-dummies

Arch Stanton

It's all about the funny!
Nov 22, 2004
Long Island
I know we haven't, and I'm upset. It makes us seem like idiots that can't count sequentially. This isn't the thread for dummies, well how about this thread is for the-not-so-dummies
Good point. BTW, as per Ron, we don't go for the low lying fruit around here. This thread is pretty fuckin' far from being a thread for dummies.

TonyBagels

Gemutlichkeit
Feb 15, 2006
Way too f'in busy
Hiya buddays for some reason im not nervous at all about tonight
Dude, best of luck. I'm really sorry I can't make it. Enjoy yourself up there and I'm sure it'll come across. In other words, if you're having fun, the audience will have fun.

TonyBagels

Gemutlichkeit
Feb 15, 2006
Way too f'in busy
After 5 long years, I'm making my triumphant return to the rotten apple!

::hammer:

And red, don't even be nervous. It'll be no different from all the bombs you drop here :action-sm
Fuckin' Starvin'... See you when you get here, ya bastard

Friday

Fezzing Out
May 1, 2007
elsewhere
After 5 long years, I'm making my triumphant return to the rotten apple!
For the BABYFUCKING! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee

An event NO Bagger should miss! :icon_mrgr

Goodness we are all going to be quite drunk and sweaty that night!

and HIYEEE ARCH!!

Redding

Why can't us?
Mar 20, 2005
Bristol, PA
thanks guys im sure WMB will update the board on how everything goes tonight

Chester'sLiver

ESD is Wackbag's hero!
Jan 28, 2005
New Jersey
I missed all of XM O and A....Fucking work computer crashed....thank god its back up for Ron and Fez...

Jun 30, 2005
outsiddah Boston
someone call in today and let ronnie know his killer death virus is here...it is a deadly strain of the common cold...great...earth's days are numbered

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSN1530262620071116?pageNumber=1
By Will Dunham

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A new and virulent strain of adenovirus, which frequently causes the common cold, killed 10 people in parts of the United States earlier this year and put dozens into hospitals, U.S. health officials said on Thursday.

A U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention report detailed cases of people ill in May of 2006 and from March to June of 2007 with a strain of the virus called adenovirus 14 in New York, Oregon, Washington state and Texas.

"Whether you're a healthy young adult, an infant or an elderly person, this virus can cause severe respiratory disease at any age," said John Su, who investigates infectious diseases for the CDC and contributed to the report.

"What makes this particular adenovirus a little different is that it has the capability of making healthy young adults severely ill. And that's unusual for an adenovirus, and that's why it's got our attention," Su said in a telephone interview.

Two of the 10 people who died from the new strain were infants, Su said. The CDC report said about 140 people were sickened by the virus and more than 50 hospitalized, including 24 admitted to intensive care units.

One of those who died was a 19-year-old female recruit at Lackland Air Force Base in Texas where other cases were found.

"Adenoviruses are notorious for causing illnesses, particularly in military recruits," said Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the U.S. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.

A CDC spokesman said there was no evidence the virus was currently causing disease anywhere in the United States.

Adenoviruses frequently cause acute upper respiratory tract infections like the common cold, but also can cause other illnesses including inflammation of the stomach and intestines, pink eye, bladder infection and rashes.

Colds caused by adenoviruses can be very severe in the very young and the very old as well as in certain other people, like those with compromised immune systems.

DIMENSION OF THE PROBLEM

Dr. William Schaffner, a spokesman for the National Foundation for Infectious Diseases, said an important next step is for public health officials to determine the dimension of the problem.

"I think this is a big alert to those of us in infectious diseases and public health to gather the appropriate specimens and see how widely distributed this virus is," said Schaffner, chairman of the Department of Preventive Medicine at Vanderbilt University School of Medicine in Nashville, Tennessee.

The first case described in the report was that of an infant girl in New York City who died in May 2006. Seven other people died in Oregon, including an infant. And a patient with AIDS died in Washington state.

Su said it was possible people outside the four states were sickened by the new strain of the virus.

"The cases described in this report are unusual because they suggest the emergence of a new and virulent Ad14 (adenovirus 14) variant that has spread within the United States," according to the CDC report.

There are 51 types of adenoviruses, the CDC report said.

(Additional reporting by Maggie Fox, Editing by Philip Barbara)

Status
Not open for further replies.