Ronnie B 3000 Line of the Day posts - fundraiser for gift

RMPGP

Feb 16, 2006
Line of the Day is closing in on 3000 posts :clap::clap::clap::clap:

I'd like to commemorate this with a nice gift to Ronnie B on behalf of Wackbag.

Been a while since we've done one of these, and they are usually for Fez. Figured it's time to show our love for Ron Bennington.

Thinking of going with a really great box of cigars. Open to ideas though.

paypal donations to: pede0291@tc.umn.edu

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
Sep 27, 2006
staten
what else would you get ronnie?

Order something nice from don rio (sp)

I dont have paypal so PM your info so me and AF can donate

RMPGP

Feb 16, 2006
You must mean Don Rigo Cigars

I was thinking of getting something top shelf from CI - but I'll have to decide when all the donations roll in.

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
Sep 27, 2006
staten
like I said pm me so we can send you something

Also let me know in the pm how much you want to spend so I have an Idea of what to donate

Apr 12, 2005
Someone should take the text from the thread, set the text properly (pull out all of the junk, like sigs and other message board crap), and get it printed and bound into a nice book.

Someone who knows how to lay out a book (with quark or indesign) couldpaste all of the text in, and upload a pdf here..

EDIT: I guess, by "Someone", I meant I could actualy build the file, if this is an idea people would go for. I would just need some help getting the text together.

http://www.lulu.com/
to get a nice hardcover version of Ron Bennington's Line of the Day: Vol I, the first 3,000 posts. (maybe even a forward by LiddyRules)

I think it could be a nice unique gift.

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
Sep 27, 2006
staten
Someone should take the text from the thread, set the text properly (pull out all of the junk, like sigs and other message board crap), and get it printed and bound into a nice book.

Someone who knows how to lay out a book (with quark or indesign) couldpaste all of the text in, and upload a pdf here..

EDIT: I guess, by "Someone", I meant I could actualy build the file, if this is an idea people would go for. I would just need some help getting the text together.

to get a nice hardcover version of Ron Bennington's Line of the Day: Vol I, the first 3,000 posts. (maybe even a forward by LiddyRules)

I actually like that idea alot... if you know layout and design definitely go for it and post the pdf

Jimmy's Dignity

Pound my bloody fudge!!
Staff member
Wackbag Staff
May 27, 2005
Phoenixville

x2 That would be phenominal...just gotta be patient and get the edits right :D

TJLamb0518

Jumping That Shark....
Nov 8, 2002
East Islip, NY

Really nice. EVERYONE does cigars. This is unique as Ron himself.

Apr 12, 2005
I actually like that idea alot... if you know layout and design definitely go for it and post the pdf
Maybe later today, I'll put together a sample of a few pages worth.. it'll give me a gague on how long it will take, and if I'll need help with text..

RMPGP

Feb 16, 2006
Maybe later today, I'll put together a sample of a few pages worth.. it'll give me a gague on how long it will take, and if I'll need help with text..
It's a gorgeous idea.

The hardest part will be taking the thread and culling the posts. That would require some DB stuff. Zag, the site admin, should be able to help us do this. If he could send us the file in a database format, it shouldn't be too difficult to take that and load it into some sort of layout using Quark or InDesign.

I'd love to see what you come up with.

Either way, cigars are ALWAYS DONE and should always be done since this is Ron Bennington. I would say this is something to give in addition to the cigars.

MilkmanDan

Uncontrollable Urge
Jan 13, 2003
Philly

Yeah this is something we've been talking about. If we do it though, has to be done right.

RMPGP

Feb 16, 2006
I'm researching that site, they seem pretty reasonable. I'll let you guys know.

In the meantime, BE DIALING

Kid Brock

No longer VegasBrock
Jul 26, 2005
Las Vegas
I have no original ideas, but I donated some $$$ for the cause.

Arch Stanton

It's all about the funny!
Nov 22, 2004
Long Island

That is where the money should be spent. Along with a framed certificate of the milestone.

I would gladly present in person for Wackbag.

RMPGP

Feb 16, 2006
the books are very affordable overall on there, t hat part should be mostly the work.

Standby

Better Than [you]
Wackbag Staff
Sep 8, 2005
Arlington, VA
Well, we should really get to work on getting it closer to 3,000... some people need to really step it up... and I'm looking over in the direction of a Harry Potter character...

ern

Hiding behind my keyboard
Jan 25, 2006
I'll send some loot, I'm good for a few bucks every now and then.

Matches, cigar, ashtray, and that cigar cutting thing (completes the package)
And the book - Thantastic idea.

Good looking out billy liar and RMPGP

***just sent it, let me know if it didn't get there

dodisman

Feb 20, 2005
All those Posts should be transferred into book for him

Jimmy's Dignity

Pound my bloody fudge!!
Staff member
Wackbag Staff
May 27, 2005
Phoenixville
Well, we should really get to work on getting it closer to 3,000... some people need to really step it up... and I'm looking over in the direction of a Harry Potter character...
Oh you are, are you? I don't see you pulling your weight here punk :icon_evil

RMPGP

Feb 16, 2006
I tried posting more but mods keep taking all my posts and merging them, they don't tolerate LOTD padding here unlike other forums *cough*

So for this book - what are your guys' thoughts on including every single post (nonsensical OT ones) versus pruning it and getting rid of crap/junk and going pure line of the day posts?

Jimmy's Dignity

Pound my bloody fudge!!
Staff member
Wackbag Staff
May 27, 2005
Phoenixville
if it's just lines minus the nonsensical posts/duplicates, I'm sure we're already well past 3,000 lines. Christ, sometimes Ronnie crams 4 or 5 lines within the 30 minute "edit post" time frame

Apr 12, 2005
What's the timing look like for getting the gift over there? I'm assuming we have untill after the vacation, right?

I'm thinking maybe I should cut off the collection for the book once they go to vacation.. then I can get it to the site to be printed.

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
Sep 27, 2006
staten
I tried posting more but mods keep taking all my posts and merging them, they don't tolerate LOTD padding here unlike other forums *cough*

So for this book - what are your guys' thoughts on including every single post (nonsensical OT ones) versus pruning it and getting rid of crap/junk and going pure line of the day posts?

you should include all the posts EXCEPT the repeats (which does happen due to recording and replay)

Also I just realized what a great surprise this wouldve made if it wasnt in a public forum where ronnie can see it.

RMPGP please pm me or im AF with your info so we cans edn you a check/money order