Ronnie B Good - Featured in Cigar Magazine

Ronreddog

Unofficial O&A Twitter Tough Guy
May 11, 2007
Sunny Florida
https://www.cigar-magazine.com/index.cfm?pages=Subscribe

Ronnie B Good
by Tommy Zarzecki
It's safe to say that, if you know who Ron Bennington is, you have to love the guy; it's simply impossible not to. Of course, he's funny as all hell-that's a given. He has a razor-sharp wit and his comebacks are quicker than a one-dollar lap dance. This clever conversationalist possesses a boundless knowledge of movies, music, history, and sports. And, he is most genuine-a guy with a ton of heart who always tells it exactly like it is.

Now, if you don't know him, you'll wish you did. Ron is not only an ardent brother of the leaf, but he is also the cohost of XM Satellite Radio's highly acclaimed Ron and Fez Show. Ron and sidekick Fez Whatley have broadcast under the R&F moniker since 1997, starting in the Tampa, Florida, area, then moving to New York City, on to Washington, DC, then back to Manhattan. Mainstream terrestrial radio treated them well and the show-featuring Ron with his blistering one-liners as the voice of reason to Fez's nutty, often neurotic rants-garnered millions of loyal listeners over the decade. Then, on September 12, 2005, the boys made the bold move to explore the vast and burgeoning new frontier affectionately known as satellite, the extra-terrestrial home to notable acts such as Howard Stern and Opie and Anthony.

Mr. Bennington was gracious enough to meet with me on a Friday afternoon at Manhattan's own Club Macanudo, one of the last true bastions where a person can revel in a good smoke in New York, and a place I knew Ron would enjoy the gorgeous surroundings, terrific cuisine, and, of course, a bevy of sumptuous cigars. (I know-it sucks to be me, don't it?) We start off with a couple of easygoing Punch Grand Crus to set the mood, as Ron nods his head, motioning for me to fire away.

The first thing I have been dying to know is, what is the true difference between doing a show on satellite as opposed to mainstream FM radio... other than the obvious fact that you can curse like a sailor if you want to.

"It's really all about being able to break every radio rule we all learned," Ron says in a matter-of-fact tone. "You can have more obscure guests and talk about topics other than what is in the mainstream. But I think the real jump will be made by the personalities who come up through satellite, as opposed to mimicking what has always been done on terrestrial radio. I think we're going to see an all-new dynamic, a brand new way that radio sounds. There will be new rules to play by."

esswhy

Ever Broken a Puerto Ricans arm for sweat pants $?
Mar 26, 2007
I love ronnie b. No homo.

Ronreddog

May 11, 2007
Sunny Florida
its called a blurb dummy, and there's probably more if you subscribe
:haha7: :haha7: :haha7:

There is more, I will get the rest up soon. I have to check my local tobacconist, and find out when it is available. I should invest in a sub.

Turtle

WACKBAGGER
Jun 8, 2005
Thanks Ronreddog.

Ohhhhhhhhhh, HTG. How are ya?

RMPGP

Feb 16, 2006
I bet Ron will enjoy the blarbs it takes at Fez.

"sidekick"
"neurotic"

Oohhh boy. hahahhaahah.

TommyZman

Nov 19, 2007
Yo brothers... I'm Tommy Z, the stogie sucking Polack from New Jersey who interviewed Ronnie B. for Cigar Magazine.

The best way to get the mag is at a smoke shop or cigar store, or go to www.cigar-magazine.com.

Ronnie is such a friggin great guy and we've actually become pretty good pals since I've written the article. The thing I was so impressed with was how laser-fast he thinks on his feet and how goddamned funny he really is. I think he may be one of the most underrated people on radio.

I had been a fan of the show for years and I knew what a cigar hound he was so I pitched the editors ad they dug the idea. We smoked some stoags, wolfed some chow and I came out with one kick-ass fucking interview.

I also write the daily blog for JR Cigars, on www.jrcigars.com called JR Cigars Blog with the Zman. Either this week or next I'll be doing a Q&A with Ronnie on the blog. It will be guaranteed good shit! I'll post here when it goes up.

I have dug O&A and R&F for a long time and it's cool to finally join this board.

Later,
Tommy Z. aka The Zman

Dec 18, 2004
Love to hear Ronnie talk on any subject. He makes you think. Not much of that out there any more.

Mafialife Chris

Mafialife Owner
Feb 2, 2005
I subscribed.

Ron's been my idol since the dot com days at night, and now that im heavy into cigars, i cant wait to get this mag to learn more.

Nice write up Zman!

Ronreddog

May 11, 2007
Sunny Florida
Yo brothers... I'm Tommy Z, the stogie sucking Polack from New Jersey who interviewed Ronnie B. for Cigar Magazine.

The best way to get the mag is at a smoke shop or cigar store, or go to www.cigar-magazine.com.

Ronnie is such a friggin great guy and we've actually become pretty good pals since I've written the article. The thing I was so impressed with was how laser-fast he thinks on his feet and how goddamned funny he really is. I think he may be one of the most underrated people on radio.

I had been a fan of the show for years and I knew what a cigar hound he was so I pitched the editors ad they dug the idea. We smoked some stoags, wolfed some chow and I came out with one kick-ass fucking interview.

I also write the daily blog for JR Cigars, on www.jrcigars.com called JR Cigars Blog with the Zman. Either this week or next I'll be doing a Q&A with Ronnie on the blog. It will be guaranteed good shit! I'll post here when it goes up.

I have dug O&A and R&F for a long time and it's cool to finally join this board.

Later,
Tommy Z. aka The Zman
Thanks for the post, Zman! I can't wait to pick up the edition, and reading the entire article. Glad to hear you are one of us! :clap:

Angelfuck

Part of the Ronnie B. crowd
Jan 6, 2006
Static Age
I am so disappointed that we don't have the rest of the article yet :(
maybe they'll have a copy laying around in front while Im waiting for interviews :icon_neut

you're telling us! Ron is a god among men

Later,
Tommy Z. aka The Zman
good to have you! great fucking article!

Thanks Ronreddog.

Ohhhhhhhhhh, HTG. How are ya?
Im good. You?

Later,
Tommy Z. aka The Zman
Did someone say JR Cigar Event?