Ronnie B's Movie Reccomendations.

Dre

(Insert Witty Line Here)
Ronnie B, if you are a faithful listener, is a fan of GREAT movies! But, they talk about so many I never get a chance to check em' all out.

So, here, people can post Ronnie B's past movie reccomendations, for not only me to check out and enjoy, but my other fellow Baggers.

jagsfans

I started a thread similar to this a while ago about his indy movies. Whenever I hear him mention one I havent seen, I jot it down and add it to my Netflix.

queeby

Irrelevant Liberal
Grease 2 is on right now. I know Ronnie likes that film.

thrawn42

Hackmaster Jones Sr.
'Leonard Cohen: I'm Your Man'

MilkmanDan

Uncontrollable Urge
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang he recommended awhile back. Had never heard about it, great flick. (Val Kilmer, Robert Downey Jr, Michelle Monaghan)

I've always wanted to see Pope Of Greenwich Village, but no store anywhere in St.Louis has a copy somehow.

" A guide to recognizing your saints"... I wouldnt have bothered with it but heard Ronnie 2-Bucks give it his approval. I liked it.
"Hot Fuzz".... I totally dug Shaun of the dead, but I felt Hot Fuzz was the same guys trying too hard. I napped during it, and would give it a ho-hum at best. (although 3 hrs sleep the night before may have effected my judgement, so I will give it another go.)
"Half Nelson"... liked it, 10 points for the Mayor of Benningtonvile.

Dicktator

I need a Vacation
he doesn't like "40 Year old virgin" his blurb"uncomfortable" Ronnie B.

thrawn42

Hackmaster Jones Sr.
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang he recommended awhile back. Had never heard about it, great flick. (Val Kilmer, Robert Downey Jr, Michelle Monaghan)
I just saw that flick a month ago for the first time and was very sorry to have put it off. There's definitely some great writing there and you can even tell from the narrative of the opening scene.

thrawn42

Hackmaster Jones Sr.
I've always wanted to see Pope Of Greenwich Village, but no store anywhere in St.Louis has a copy somehow.
Funny you should mention it, I just got that from Netflix on Saturday based on Ron's constant citing of the movie.
Basically if anyone here is a Mickey Rourke fan, 'The Pope of Greenwich Village' is a must see.

thrawn42

Hackmaster Jones Sr.
" A guide to recognizing your saints"... I wouldnt have bothered with it but heard Ronnie 2-Bucks give it his approval. I liked it.
I was listening to that segment with Chazz Palminteri rounding DC's beltway and decided to immediately head into the city to see if one of the indie Landmarke theatres was playing it. Sure enough they were playing it at the E St. cinema. Great fucking flick and a great fucking day, once again, thanks to Mr. B.

:clap:

Not movie, but branching out to TV... "Dexter" on Showtime... AWESOME. cant wait for the new season (and good thing I've got Dishnet here in canada, so as to be able to watch the good ol' american TV ;) )
Also, The Riches... with Mr. Eddie Izzard, been on a marathon here the last 2 nights, im up to episode 7 and still way in to it. Love how they made the youngest son a cross dresser like Eddie... also funny that the 2 leads are both british, that are doing a hayseed accent for the show. Its a cool show. Again, once I make ot to episode 13 I hope I feel the same, as the Mayor of Benningtonville sounds as if he has given up on it. I'm still in .

What about "Diggers" with Paul Rudd. He kind of mentioned it in passing, unless I missed him talking about it more. If you don't know it's one of those HDNET movies released in theaters and on dvd within a couple days of each other.

He mentioned seeing it, so I checked it out. Really small coming of age story about four clam diggers in their early 30's on Long Island in the mid 1970's. But really a pretty cool movie.

While listening to an old January 2003 show Ronnie recommended Frailty with Bill Paxton (he directed it also).
I watched it last night and thought it was a great movie.

Captain_Spaulding

MMA > NFL, NBA, MLB, etc...
Just saw it on IFC. Roberts looks like Kirk Cameron and pretty much overacts in the entire thing. Rourke is great.