TV Roseanne Revival Set on ABC Has Been Cancelled Over a Tweet

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Roseanne Revival Set for ABC; Sarah Chalke to Play New Role

"... There’s really no one better to comment on our modern America than Roseanne."

By Evan Campbell

ABC is officially bringing back Roseanne for an eight-episode reboot next year.

The originally cast of Conners will star in the new Roseanne show. That means the return of Roseanne Barr, John Goodman, Sara Gilbert, Laurie Metcalf, Michael Fishman and Lecy Goranson.

In fact, Sarah Chalke will return as well. The Scrubs actress portrayed Becky in later seasons of Roseanne, but she'll play another role in the reboot.

"The Conners’ joys and struggles are as relevant — and hilarious — today as they were then, and there’s really no one better to comment on our modern America than Roseanne,” ABC President Channing Dungey said in a statement.

Last month, reports of a Roseanne revival surfaced. The original series aired for nine seasons on ABC, with Barr and Goodman both winning Golden Globes over that nearly decade run. Barr also was awarded an Emmy, with her on-screen sister Metcalf winning two.

ABC says that the Roseanne revival will continue to see the Conner family facing economic challenges. Barr will serve as an executive producer on the show with Gilbert, Tom Werner, Bruce Helford, Whitney Cummings and Tony Hernandez.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/05/16/roseanne-revival-set-for-abc-sarah-chalke-to-play-new-role

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
ABC really needs to fire a bunch of half-wits running the programming of that network.

JoeyDVDZ

That's MR. MOJO, Motherfucker!
Aug 20, 2004
Well the original series finale rewrote the series history, so precedence is set.
Precedent. What you said means to consider one thing more important than another thing.

prec·e·dence
ˈpresədəns,prēˈsēdns/
noun
noun: precedence; noun: precedency
  1. the condition of being considered more important than someone or something else; priority in importance, order, or rank.
    "his desire for power soon took precedence over any other consideration"
    synonyms: priority, rank, seniority, superiority, primacy, preeminence, eminence More
    • the order to be ceremonially observed by people of different rank, according to an acknowledged or legally determined system.
      "quarrels over precedence among the Bonaparte family marred the coronation"
prec·e·dent
noun
noun: precedent; plural noun: precedents
ˈpresəd(ə)nt/
  1. 1.
    an earlier event or action that is regarded as an example or guide to be considered in subsequent similar circumstances.
    "there are substantial precedents for using interactive media in training"
    synonyms: model, exemplar, example, pattern, previous case, prior instance/example;
    • LAW
      a previous case or legal decision that may be or ( binding precedent ) must be followed in subsequent similar cases.
      "the decision set a precedent for others to be sent to trial in the US"
adjective
adjective: precedent
  1. 1.
    preceding in time, order, or importance.
    "a precedent case"

JoeyDVDZ

Aug 20, 2004
BTW, now you may call me a douche.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Precedent. What you said means to consider one thing more important than another thing.

prec·e·dence
ˈpresədəns,prēˈsēdns/
noun
noun: precedence; noun: precedency
  1. the condition of being considered more important than someone or something else; priority in importance, order, or rank.
    "his desire for power soon took precedence over any other consideration"
    synonyms: priority, rank, seniority, superiority, primacy, preeminence, eminence More
    • the order to be ceremonially observed by people of different rank, according to an acknowledged or legally determined system.
      "quarrels over precedence among the Bonaparte family marred the coronation"
prec·e·dent
noun
noun: precedent; plural noun: precedents
ˈpresəd(ə)nt/
  1. 1.
    an earlier event or action that is regarded as an example or guide to be considered in subsequent similar circumstances.
    "there are substantial precedents for using interactive media in training"
    synonyms: model, exemplar, example, pattern, previous case, prior instance/example;
    • LAW
      a previous case or legal decision that may be or ( binding precedent ) must be followed in subsequent similar cases.
      "the decision set a precedent for others to be sent to trial in the US"
adjective
adjective: precedent
  1. 1.
    preceding in time, order, or importance.
    "a precedent case"
Good job Mojo. You certainly put me in my place. You did good today. First taking pictures of those guys on the roof, now taking me to task for an autocorrect.

JoeyDVDZ

Aug 20, 2004
Good job Mojo. You certainly put me in my place. You did good today. First taking pictures of those guys on the roof, now taking me to task for an autocorrect.
Fair enough. I didn't take autocorrect into account.

MurphCO

Donator
Dec 13, 2011
Parts Unknown
They also won the lottery, so.......and whatsisface Mark dude died from an OD in real life

Will Godzilla be in the background?

Who will wear the chicken shirt?

Skinny Dan or fat Dan?

George Clooney or no?

Tom Arnold?

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
They also won the lottery, so.......and whatsisface Mark dude died from an OD in real life

Will Godzilla be in the background?

Who will wear the chicken shirt?

Skinny Dan or fat Dan?

George Clooney or no?

Tom Arnold?
Will Sarah Gilbert be a carpet munching dyke now?

JoeyDVDZ

Aug 20, 2004
You folded fast.

"Next time, don't give up so easily"
He made a valid point of why one word would be substituted for another, properly spelled word. Made sense to me, thus I agreed with him and moved on. That's how reasonable people operate.

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
Aug 25, 2002
NYC
Will Sarah Gilbert be a carpet munching dyke now?
Looks like we will get there by the last episode if not before.

Loved it, by the way. It's not perfect, though. Barr is NOWHERE performing at the same level as Metcalf/Goodman/Gilbert, but it's good enough. You can easily see how they HAD to have Metcalf back, though. Tom Arnold was right when it came to her. She's the biggest lynchpin.

What I wonder, is if they do well, have they already planned to go to another season, or is this a one and done?

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
Aug 25, 2002
NYC
Roseanne revival premieres to massive ratings

Adam Rose/ABC
James Hibberd
March 28, 2018 AT 11:08 AM EDT
The revival of Roseanne returned to massive preliminary ratings Tuesday night.

The premiere delivered 18.2 million viewers and a 5.1 rating among adults 18-49.

In the adult demo, that even trumps Sunday’s heavily buzzed 60 Minutes which featured an interview with Stormy Daniels.

More relevant entertainment program comparisons to come very shortly. But just eyeballing this number, it appears to be the biggest comedy rating in quite some time — even higher than This Is Us during regularly any of its regularly scheduled episodes (the This Is Us post-Super Bowl episode was bigger, but that’s to be expected).

More to come…

WhiteHonkyDevil

El hombre de los moleculos!
Dec 8, 2004
Detroit, MI
Looks like we will get there by the last episode if not before.

Loved it, by the way. It's not perfect, though. Barr is NOWHERE performing at the same level as Metcalf/Goodman/Gilbert, but it's good enough. You can easily see how they HAD to have Metcalf back, though. Tom Arnold was right when it came to her. She's the biggest lynchpin.

What I wonder, is if they do well, have they already planned to go to another season, or is this a one and done?
In one of the interviews from last year, Roseanne said she wants to go more than just this season, but this one will have a story arc that finishes, just in case.