OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Rousimar Palhares banned from UFC after "unsportsmanlike" submission

Discussion in 'UFC/MMA' started by Konstantin K, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Konstantin K

Konstantin K Big League Poster

Rousimar Palhares has been banned from competing in the Ultimate Fighting Championship as a result of the “unsportsmanlike conduct” that cost him his “Submission of the Night” bonus at UFC Fight Night 29.

UFC officials announced the news via Twitter on Thursday afternoon after UFC President Dana White told ESPN’s Jeremy Schaap that “Toquinho” had been cut from the organization’s roster.

Known for his effective leg lock attack, Palhares quickly finished Mike Pierce in his welterweight debut last night at UFC Fight Night 29 from Jose Correa Gymnasium in Barueri, Sao Paulo, Brazil.

The Brazilian’s skill in applying the fight-ending heel hook was impressive, but it was his conduct after Pierce gave up that landed him in trouble. After Palhares caught Pierce’s heel, the American tapped out vehemently, and referee Keith Peterson dived into the action to halt the contest, but Palhares did not immediately release the hold.

This marks the second time Palhares has been disciplined for hanging onto a heel hook after his opponent submitted, as the stocky competitor was previously suspended for 90 days by the New Jersey State Athletic Control Board for cranking the potentially dangerous hold against Tomasz Drwal in 2010.

Palhares now exits the UFC with a promotional record of 8-4, falling to Dan Henderson, Nate Marquardt, Alan Belcher and Hector Lombard in his five years with the Las Vegas-based organization. “Toquinho” earned Octagon victories over the likes of Ivan Salaverry, Jeremy Horn and Dan Miller and has never been submitted in 20 professional outings.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Ro...olding-Submission-at-UFC-Fight-Night-29-57535

2. gleet

gleet What's black and white and red all over?

Time wounds all heels.

3. tattered

tattered Uber-Aryan
    Wackbag Staff

What he hung on a second longer cause maybe he didnt hear the ref call the fight but he seemed to let go as soon as the ref touched him? If I remember right your supposed to hold it till the ref says let go cause if he taps and the ref doesnt see it and you let go the fight can continue. I didnt really see anything unsportsmanlike

4. Konstantin K

Konstantin K Big League Poster

Disagree. Pierce taps like 10 times an even yells "Tap!" The ref moves in and tells him to stop, sees that he isn't, so he has to start prying them apart. Only then does he let go. Palhares knew what he was doing. Plus it's at least the fourth time he's done it. The guy's a scumbag. He could've destroyed Pierce's knee.

Go to about the 2 minute mark:

5. Awful Me

Awful Me I do it.

wtf were you watching?

Not only did he not let go, he cranked it again with the ref on him.

[​IMG]

This isn't the first time either.

Assholes & Elbows likes this.
  6. d0uche_n0zzle

d0uche_n0zzle **Negative_Creep**

Looks like he's a sadist.

7. tattered

tattered Uber-Aryan
    Wackbag Staff

That angle shows it better

Assholes & Elbows and HandPanzer like this.
  8. Neon

Neon ネオン
    Donator

It's also not his first offense.

Assholes & Elbows likes this.
  9. HandPanzer

HandPanzer in situ

Piece of garbage, fuck him.

10. DR. Jimcy M.E.

The real devil is in the move itself.

This isn't a choke where you just pass out, this is a leg lock. It goes from painful to ripping your tendons apart in the blink of an eye.

He needs to fucking go, this marks 3 times that he's done this, 2 in the UFC and 1 time in a grappling competition. Fucking Brazilian savages and their rat piss disease that makes them hyper aggressive.

11. Assholes & Elbows

Assholes & Elbows The Rabbi gets the salary,The Mohel gets the tips

The guys always been a headcase, it's a shame because I think he was built for 170 and could have been a contender, at first I thought that the punishment was too severe but in after thought seeing as how he's been warned multiple times for this same offense I think it fits the bill.

Why couldn't you just behave Paul Harris?