Ruck's "I don't know shit about home repair" thread.

mascan42

Fuck I fucked up! I put my son in the bath upstairs and had to walk away when the doorbell rang. It was my realtor stopping by with a pie for Thanksgiving. We talked for maybe five minutes when I left to go tend to him. The little fucker splashed maybe a half in of water on the floor. He almost died. Unfortunately that's not my problem. The problem is this. He made such a mess water came through the downstairs bathroom ceiling. My question is can I just let it dry and paint it or is the ceiling coming out?

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Hello first and foremost I just bought a house and for the most part it's great. There are however things that need repairing and updating. My Mr. Fixit abilities are somewhere between non existent and mildly retarded. I hired a handyman to take care of some shit I don't want to touch. In any case while walking around I noticed my chain link fence is kind of messed up what do you think would do this?
What would cause that? An angle grinder with a metal cutoff or grinding disc. I can tell by pic 3. Easy fix thou. Go to the fence section of depot or Lowe's and get wire fence ties. Get a pair linesman pliers so you can bend or cut them if need be. They are a soft metal so they bend easy

Haeder

South Dakota
What would cause that? An angle grinder with a metal cutoff or grinding disc. I can tell by pic 3. Easy fix thou. Go to the fence section of depot or Lowe's and get wire fence ties. Get a pair linesman pliers so you can bend or cut them if need be. They are a soft metal so they bend easy
He has no idea what any of that means.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
I was actually going to fix it today but it too goddam cold to be outside.

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Here's something, what could I do for this. Not sure why the others owner left like this.
Um just push the lil chrome disk called a trim ring back against the wall. Thats what its there for to hide where the pipe comes thru the wall. Its always left like that because every shower head gets a trim ring. Its not supposed to look any other way

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
It's actually the fence between me and my neighbor. Nothing should have passed through.
Like i said someone did it with a handheld angle grinder. Dunno why but thats what happened. Furniture or anything else would not of done that. I can tell by how it looks

MurphCO

Donator
Something heavy and abrasive......because a grinder wouldn’t have also knocked the top rail loose

Was the previous owner married, was she a big girl? Roomy?

It's fuckin' aluminum, just use your soft city boy hands for Christ's sake.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Like i said someone did it with a handheld angle grinder. Dunno why but thats what happened. Furniture or anything else would not of done that. I can tell by how it looks
Actually it could have been a weed wacker, I only know this because I’ve done it, but it is odd

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Damn, does tapatalk work anymore? I haven't been able to log on in days.